1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. I had 2 but I recently sold him, he had sadly been sitting in a dark space for 2 years. I really did grow attached to him, but he's in a better home now. Now I have Rei by R.dean and I've done a loooooot of research for his body - it's just a matter of saving up the money to buy it. Oh, boy..

2. I finally counted: I have six. :lol: Need to work on getting them bodies at some point, whenever *that* is.

3. Welp, after a wait of years, I can finally chalk off yet another one of my floaters from the Headbasket! :dance

Ichi-chan, my new Fairyland LittleFee Shiwoo's open eyed version finally was able to come home, so I can finally get his sleeping faceplate that I got back in 2014 faceupped to match his new body! WOOT! :celebrate:cheer:kitty1

Now I'm down to six floating heads. :XD:

Ryu

4. After all of my orders come in, I will be down to needing 5 Minifee bodies and 2 Doll Leaves dream bodies, and I finally will be rid of all of my floating heads!!

5. I'm waiting for one floating head to arrive. There's a body for her I've got my eyes on, but I'm waiting until she arrives to make my decision. I'll probably try to get a body at a lower price secondhand, so it might be a while until she's not a floating head anymore.

6. I’m new to collecting so thankfully I only have one floating head lol. I’ve had her for two years! I should really give her a faceup soon :lol:

7. 14 and 6 on the way. I bought heads only for a lot of reason:
      1. I don’t like the company’s body (i.e super gem)
      2. The company ceased to exist and only sell heads only before they close (i.e DIM)
      3. The company only sells heads and rarely full doll (i.e shoushou, winterrain)
      4. Some dolls I’ve been looking but only found heads being sold on the second hand market

But hybrid can be a big head ache, that’s why a lot of my floating heads are still in the box, as they are still looking for their perfect match.

8. Well, now I feel a little better. :kitty2 I currently have 4 floating heads. In my defense, I acquired one by accident. Apparently there was some sort of event I wasn't aware of when I made my purchase.

9. No floating heads in this house. Everyone has a body. :lol:

10. I have one but recently ordered her body. The waiting game has begun

11. I just ordered bodies for two of my floating heads! :celebrate Now I only have a few event heads I've not decided about yet.

12. I have 2, both surprise gifts from the same friend.
      The bodies I want to get them pop up on the market and are snatched up before I notice:sigh
      maybe they'll get bodies in the next year...

13. I was taking a picture for my friend as she wanted to see them and I realised I have 8...
      As I think about the characters, I never really counted them and now I'm somewhat concerned about when I'll be able to give them a body :sigh

14. I didnt ecen know you could buy just the head.

15. Not all companies will let you, but most will.

16. Good to know thanks

17. I said I wasn't going to buy anything else until my first doll finally comes in, but I ended up buying a floating head on IG. :sweat

18. My first resin bjd is a floating head. He was a limited edition Tan skin SD event head I got from Denver Doll Emporium. He was around $50 i think and the reason why he was so cheap was because they don't sell that type of tan resin at DollZone anymore. I really don't know what to do with him. Maybe I should sell him? I kind of got him because he was so cheap. Which is always a bad idea if you don't truly feel attached to the doll. I still enjoy his company though:goldstar.

19. I have one floating head!!!! Ryoutarou Kataoka sdm which really needs his own body >.<

20. Don't have too much floating head. I match them with the chest sculpture