1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. I have 21 heads. 5 of them with Face Up. I hope there will not be more.

2. Four heads. I'm thinking about getting two of them busts rather than bodies and displaying them in a bell jar.

3. Currently up to 5, three of whom will have bodies. Actually nearly met my saving goal for one. The other two it’s debatable. I’ve a got MSD head I got for free off Miro doll I’ve never had any plans for. The last head will likely just go on a bust.

4. I currently have eight heads in The Headbasket, including two faceplates because I will eventually be getting bodies for those faceplates. they have different personalities, so they're counted as individual dolls.

Since I've been out of the hobby for a while and am just recently getting back into it, I'm not expecting it to be easy to find bodies for most of these floating heads...but I"m not going to give up!

Ryu

5. I'm very much a completionist and like seeing my floating heads having bodies of their own just so that I can photograph my dolls together. But I've recently come to the realisation that having multiple heads share bodies might be a good way to go. I'll need to test this. :lol:

6. I've got 6 atm, had just gotten the last floatie up on a body back last year and now I'm back at square one again. Hopefully I will be able getting some of those heads bodies next year.

7. Just one for now, Kill_U. Her body is going to be a pain because it needs to be aged Pureskin white.

Eventually I plan on having mostly floating heads sharing bodies for space reasons. At least for the 1/3s.

8. I will soon be down to seven floating heads, as I have a body for one on layaway. WOOT! :kitty1

Ryu

9. Two msd, and two sd. One of the sd are listed for sale, the other one will be listed soon. The two msd have a plan to gret bodies in 2020.

10. Only one, which I'm proud about. It is far too easy to buy heads on sale and then never buy a body for them. I have an Akagi Ban head (which I can't seem to find anywhere online anymore?) And I do plan on buying a body and accessories for him, but that's a long way out. I tried practicing face ups on him but it... didn't turn out too well haha. I plan on working on him soon since I've discovered a newly found love for his sculpt.

11. I have four currently. I ordered bodies for two of them while the other two will have to wait until I get money.

12. 3 as of now! One of them is getting a body soonish and I hope the others will too. I do want to re-do some faceups in 2020 as my tastes have changed big time since I first got in the hobby.

13. Just one. I’m on the lookout for a secondhand body, but since I just made a large order recently, it might be a while longer.

14. I have two but only one I intend to get a body for. The second was a gift head that came as a surprise with a fullset I ordered. I don’t know if I can bring myself to sell her but since I have no intent to get her a body I try not to count her lol

15. I have two floating heads - DiM half closed eyes Larina, who has a body on layaway, and a Pygmalion Eita who I'm having a hard time resin matching :sweat

I also have two DF-A practice heads, but I don't really count them as they will never have bodies.

16. I get 3 bodies and 7 heads now due to limited space. Floating heads with sharing bodies are my best plan for tiny apartment.
      Most of my dolls are normal skin which is more easy to hybrid. Waiting for my 2nd mocha brown head to share the body.

17. 0 ...and not planning to have any atm.

18. Still two, both MSD Juri '13 heads. I never dreamed finding bodies for them would be so tricky.

19. Wow, people in this thread have many more floating heads than I generally expected people to have! I myself currently have none since I prefer buying full dolls and sit on a choice veeeery very long before I decide if I'll buy it, and with any body-less head I'll usually come to the conclusion that "i'd rather buy it another time with a body in one go." however, since this isn't nearly always possible, I'll probably end up with a few floating heads sooner or later anyways:XD:

20. Update *_*

I now own three DiM heads: the half closed eyes Larina at home with an open eyes Larina and an open eyes Laia on the way. The Larinas are going to share the Loongsoul body, which is also on the way. Plus my Eita head, who I'm still struggling to match.