1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2021 & 2022)

Jan 7, 2021

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2022.
  1. 0

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 1 - 5

51 vote(s)
    55.4%
  3. 6 - 10

14 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. 11 - 15

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. 16 - 20

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Over 20

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
    1. I have... 4? I think? I have been buying bodies lately so I had to mentally re-count XD I have another coming, but he'll have a bust to hang out on, so I'm not sure if that still counts as "floating" :XD: I don't like leaving heads floating, but sometimes I literally can't picture what body I want until I have them in-hand and can check them against other things I have.

2. I have more than 27.... a lot more than I thought I did. In my case floating heads are by design. I like to have a variety of sculpts that is different where I can change them up once and a while. It make me feel like I have new dolls. I'm also limited on spaces so having a bunch of heads to share bodies with is my solution to space and wanting variety. Also, it doesn't help that I'm picky with body type and majority of the companies I do like don't sell head and body separately. Which mean the body I don't like end up being sold and another floating head to the collection :frownyblush:

3. I’m currently at 25 floating heads, and I hate it, but I also don’t want to sell any of them. It will unfortunately be a long time before I can get them all bodies, because of them are Minifee heads, and their bodies are pretty expensive. Also not a fan of hybriding them, so that’s really not an option for me. sigh. Why do I do this to myself? :(

4. Crazy head lady is back! I’ve not counted lately, but it’s more than 65. This is not as bad as it sounds. I usually get a spare for each of my sculpts, so I have those. Plus, four of mine are unique custom sculpts, for which I have ten casts each.

5. Exactly 11–one or two (twigling Kahlo/Elbe) might take over some bodies I have laying around. 4 have incoming bodies (in the sense that 2 are ordered and 2 are on super extreme layaway) I have some incoming floaters too, mostly just my dsdoll Cat, a second obsidian twigling head so I can choose between 2 and Potentially 4 more floaters... so I’m going to need some bodies...

I also might wind up with 2 body sharers, because I may as well for lesser-known characters in the Shrike, when they’re all on the sameish body?

6. 1 + 2 on the way

7. I own 11 floating heads. Half I want to sell, the other half I want to complete.
      I'm not bothered by floating heads and can keep heads in that state for years. Last year I complete a head that was a floating head for 5 years! :lol:

8. I only have one. In general I hate having floating heads around because it always causes me no end of angst worrying about their need for a body, so I always try to resolve that issue asap. I purchased the one I currently have because she’s a limited sculpt I love. But in this case I’m still torn between having her as an alternate head for one of my existing characters or making her a unique character altogether. So for now she just remains a floating head...and the angst continues.:doh

#28 PoeticSoul, Jan 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    9. I don't have any floating heads. It would drive me a little crazy. I like to have my dolls and all the accessories as quickly as possible. Of course that never happens, it takes forever, so if I had to add finding a body for a floating head, that would add even more time. Having said that I've had an action figure floating head for years now and still don't have a body for him. Maybe I should do something about that!

10. I have 3, I think. Unless one turns up that I forgot about, anyway. One is getting a body, asap, as he's a character and whatnot. One is a big-noggin Leeke that I'm not sure I'll be keeping. The last one, while I have no plans for him, he's my all-time favorite sculpt (including him, I have 3 of this same head :XD:) that was a gift from someone who was very dear to me. That head will be going in a box of his own and being put away because I can't bear to part with it.

But overall, I don't like having floating heads. If I have a head, it *needs* a body and needs to be someone, otherwise it just bugs me.

11. I have three: Migidoll Cynical Ryu and Cynical Yujin, and a Miracle Doll Jing. I won’t be buying bodies for them anytime soon because I just don’t have the space. I missed out on buying Migidoll Ryu when it was available so I bought the cynical sculpt as the nearest thing. I also missed the Jing head but luckily I’ve now bought one secondhand.

12. Ah, the pain of the floaters... I have seven in total and originally I was determined to keep some of them as such too, just sharing bodies among them but it was quickly all too apparent that the differences in their characters' body types/sizes just wasn't going to let me go down that route.

I have three SDs: Yoshiaki, my Souldoll Onulharu who will need a 65cm tall body, Yukihiko, my Switch Seolrok Somnia who will need a female to male body mod as he is supposed to be smaller, lighter and curvier than everyone but my actual girl, and Kohei, my 5th motif Venitu who needs a body to match his sheer size (as well as my giant Soom York who is the other member of his family xD )

That aside I need to get 2 male dollfie dream bodies for my four floating anime heads to share as they are the ones I feel more comfortable rotating given they don't have differences as dramatic as my big dolls do among them. Most of my SDs couldn't share a body if they wanted to! :sweat

13. I had one until recently, but currently I am at 0 heads without bodies.

14. I currently have 4 floating heads, with an event head that will be coming in. I plan on saving up and buying a body for my incoming Luts Bliss Sweety head this year. Hopefully I can also get a body for my Switch Ajeong head too, but it may not happen until next year.

15. I actually don’t know anymore. I have a few from Fairyland and Luts that came with other purchases. And two that lost their bodies to event heads. I just kept them in the box and stored them in the closet. There is one floating head that I intend to give a body to. But I’m waiting until after the pandemic.

#35 brightberry, Jan 16, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    16. Hmmmm want to say around 50, maybe a few more*_*
      Half of them have face ups, and i've been buying bodies for them. Also been trying to avoid getting more heads:XD:
      I'm close to finishing getting bodies for my Dollfie Dream heads. Will just have some resin & obitsu's to focus on afterwards.

17. Currently nine, the most I've ever had. Three of them I will eventually sell or give away, but the other six I intend to complete. Why so many floaters? Most of them were only available as heads when I bought them (all but one secondhand), plus I actually like getting my dolls piecemeal and working on them over time as funds and interest dictate. I know that would drive some people crazy, but for me it's part of the bonding process. Half the fun is getting there!

18. I still have a fair few that are never going to have bodies... They're spares (Sleeping versions and such-) that came with full sets, or event heads, or otherwise things that I have for "completeness"-sake (MiniFee Breakaways and Elf Yder, I'm looking at you-) rather than heads that I've ever had intentions of making into full dolls.

Everyone that *IS* intended to be a regular member of the crew has a bod at this point... Although two of the gang are on bods that I would eventually like to replace.

Chanter is on a DollFamily body at the moment, but I intend to get him a regular Luts Senior Delf body if I can find one the right age. He's an older Luts Winter event head, so a brand new bod's resin is unlikely to match well.

Saulot (Lati Chaim) is currently on an old CP/Delf body, which actually suits him pretty well as far as resin color and proportion goes... but I really want a proper Lati body for him. Eventually a white resin red-line guy will come up for sale somewhere, I'm sure. It's just a waiting game at this point.

So, while I may not have any Real Floaters, I'd say I have two heads that are Provisionally Embodied. :lol: