IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 14

Sep 24, 2019

1. I have a friend who will pet ALL the things including the things that clearly shouldn't be petted. She had a few close calls in the dark with nearly petting a skunk (she thought it was the neighbour's cat come visiting) and a fox (the other neighbour's dog). She says she still would've liked to have pet them because they were flouffy.

2. @A Wee Tiefling , LOL, the eyes are the windows to the soul. I used to wonder, many thousands of years ago, why people obsessed over doll eyes all the time, but now I wish I could afford to get more beautiful eyes to find the perfect pair for each of my dolls :doh

Sounds like my eldest daughter, @Iron_Dog . She has that thing where all creatures great and small love to come up to her for a pet, LOL. My Dad was that way. We'd be camping and deer would come to him for a petting! I may love animals, but I never had that gift. My daughter is currently the queen cat of her neighborhood, LOL. They all fun up to her like puppies when she goes out for a walk! It's just so weird.

3. Eyes are really important to me. It's the thing I focus on when looking at a person's face and one of the first things I decide when creating a character. I also tend to describe eyes and people's reactions to things with their eyes when I write. I call the eyes I make Flawed Souls because I do believe eyes are the windows to the soul, we're all a little flawed in some way (sometimes visible, sometimes not) and there usually is some tiny flaw in each pair (not visible when in the doll).

4. @IngieBee @Iron_Dog I have the Cat Whisperer gift too, and skunks never minded me when I went a'rambling after dark.

Here is Dante with his new eyeballs and now he looks a) older and b) wiser and c) like he's seen some Things. Bad Things.

[​IMG]

I put the second behind spoiler tags because it more properly belongs in the LR thread but LOOK AT HIS PRETTY EYESSSSSSSSS. Also he's rocking the pink slouchy shirt like no one's business (and they said gingers couldn't wear pink)

[​IMG]

5. Love those eyes on Dante!

6. Those are lovely eyes! <3 I'm quite partial to eyes that have a dark ring around the irises. Dante certainly rocks 'em. :D (And whoever said gingers couldn't wear pink obviously hasn't seen that combo at work, haha.)

7. @IngieBee @AntarelNefertili Thank you! The best part (for a given value of best) of these eyes is they have a bit of luminescence to them, some kind of shiny coating that gleams in the dark when the light hits them. Makes it look *extremely* lifelike. Took me by surprise the first time I had to move him in the dark.

Now I need to hunker down and find a way to get his tattoos. I liked the work from this thread, they make for nice tattoos. But I'm not near skilled enough to execute them. *le sigh*

8. Can you tell me what brand of eyes these are?

9. @xyuemoto
      They are Candy Kitten and they weren't listed as having anything special to them. This is a property I noticed in certain lights only, not that they were somehow made that way or I bought them for that reason. I can try to get better pictures later?

10. Ok, thanks.

11. @A Wee Tiefling OHHHH I have several eyes from Candy Kittens Emporium; no wonder yours looked stylistically familiar. Even though only one of my dolls is using a pair right now (just as a proxy til her actual eyes arrive), they do catch the light really well. The effect is difficult to catch in photographs, though.

12. Wondering if you all can help me out! I'm planning on getting an Implstar body for a custom head I just purchased but I feel like he's going to need jointed hands! Are the impl idol hands on the impl star size body huge if so do you know which others may possibly work? Thank you! :)

13. Hmmmm I'm not sure, but can others confirm if my memory is correct on how the Idol jointed hands are actually a touch smaller than the Idol default hands? If that is the case, putting them on a Star man maaaaaybe fine. One thing I can confirm for @Madwren is that DF-H 1/3 male jointed hands will be too small for the boys, but just right for the Star/Idol women. (Pretty old photo of Adhara and Guórén below.)

[​IMG]
      20 - Stay For a While
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

14. @AntarelNefertili thank you! I'm loving the impal body can't wait till I actually have it home!

15. Here is my Star Dylan with Impl's jointed hands. IMO they fit him great, but I know I prefer large hands. I find these hands look stunted on my Idol boy but that's who they are made for. I got doll leaves, I think, or legend hands made for an 80cm doll for my idol boy, but have yet to put them on. I'm so lazy... Actually, I think he was so tight I was afraid to do it, he should be more manageable now...
      [​IMG]

16. I've been wanting to get IMPL's jointed hands for my guy, but seeing how their RS had changed over the years, I would have to request a custom color just to get the resin to match. I love the current iteration of RS, but it's really annoying how it's grown peachier than the old version.

Anyhoo, here's a pic of the big dolls having a clothing-optional day (the pale girl is the newest addition to the crew, a non-IMPL tagging along for the ride).

[​IMG]
      Clothing Optional

17. @IngieBee this is good to know, I wanted jointed hands for my incoming Tony. Guess I'm going with Legenddoll. @AntarelNefertili I wish clothing was optional in this heat wave

18. Ironically enough, we're entering the wet season where we are. It's definitely a relief to have cooler weather, because spending the entirety of summer indoors where the heat could accumulate is UGH.

I'd have wanted to keep the crew au naturel for a longer time, but they had to put their clothes back on because a doll would soon be returning from the faceup artist (it'd be awkward if everyone welcoming him home was nude).

[​IMG]
      Welcoming Committee