IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 14

Sep 24, 2019

1. i started to work on new costumes for my queen and king so soon will make photos as well, oh i fell in love with John when he got more realistic mohair hairs, and i still keep muscle girl body, it is ok to change mindes i think, is good for modeling as i got orders for warrior costumes and it really helps.
      still want to open etsy shop but no time for good photos of my t-shirts.
      In case someone would be interesting i tryed baby clothes 0-3 months just aliterated side seams and it looks not bad :-) i mean on boys bodies :-)

2. @anita: That indeed is interesting. All of my guys still need normal, everyday clothes. So every chance of getting something a bit less expensive is very welcome.

3. @Ipledreamer i will add picture today in evening, and you can see how it works, you need just aliterate seams from both sides and sleeves so it works good and looks nice ;-)

4. Gosh looking at these beautiful dolls make me so tempted to get one!! I've always adored impldoll sculpts, especially the more beast-looking ones :love
      Im in love with Chad, the only thing stopping me is that im not a fan of the body and trying to find one that matches the colour and fits is a nice challenge *_*

5. @Offerhalla what you could do is find the body then get Impldoll to match it for the head :) Its pretty nice that they offer that service and are really good about it!

Side note i cannot restring my Plaice since his lower piece of his oversized torso is cracked from who knows what! so i must negotiate with impldoll to get a complete lower half remade. I really don't want to buy another body for him lol since it'd be a waste really.

6. The past few weeks of turbo sewing had finally borne fruit! I've been playing RPG version of Legend of the Five Rings as a one-man army of these two -- under different names, but essentially the same appearance and personalities. So you see, I just had to dress 'em up just like how they appear in their RPG selves (no armor yet tho, I'd still have to improve my leatherworking skills).

Dayum, it's the first time Guórén's wardrobe exceeded Adhara's in pomp and cost, requiring around five different types of cloth (that I don't handle unless really required) to get that effect. The things we do for our resin children!

[​IMG]
      Scorpion and Lion 2
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

7. @AntarelNefertili Ohhh! I love the fabric you used on the cuffs/edges of his robe. They look amazing.

8. @AntarelNefertili Guoren's outfit is so gorgeous tho, it's worth it to get that rich level of detail! Me I'm lazy so I'll pay someone else to make Tony's (bullshitty, no frills) space marine uniform. If he's lucky I may get a dress uniform as well as a daily one.

9. Thank you @Iron_Dog and @A Wee Tiefling ! It was my first time working with brocade and them fancy fabrics like taffeta and duchess. I was really afraid I'd mess up with the brocade, because I only had one yard of it and I had to make sure the pattern aligned properly. It was quite fun to dig into the piles of cloth in a literal fabric warehouse looking for just the right fabric, at the very least.

10. I try to avoid going to Fabricland because I KNOW I'll walk out with fabric. I don't need more fabric! I have an 80L tote bin so full that the lid only closes because I stack another 80L tote bin full of yarn on top of it. That being said, I was very good when I went to Fabricland last time and only bought the batting I went in there for. I bought a piece of fabric in the secondhand hand store that I went to after that so... +1/-1?

And in exciting-for-me news, I'm just waiting on the invoice from Impl for my custom green Ziv! I'm super excited to finally bring home the Ziv sculpt since I've admired him for so long.

11. *waves* Hi! I just got an (I think) Aurora second hand. The seller didn't know the sculpt, but I honestly wanted it for the body. It came with the 63cm girl body that I wanted for my Black Cherry Dolls head. Looks beautiful with the head.

...but when I measure her, the doll reads at 54cm tall?! I understand that sometimes the measurements listed on the site (Alice's or actual Impldoll's) and the real doll differ. My Dream Valley girl reads a whole 5cm shorter for her sculpt even though another of her body sculpt (different head) reads the correct height I have.

Is this girl supposed to be 63.5cm? If someone else that has that body can help me, I'd love if you could measure how tall your 63cm girl is in flat feet. I'd post a picture of her, but my child stole away my phone.

12. Maybe the head was on the Model line body? I know the male Model lines are 58cm and generally the girls are shorter than the boys so... Complete guess on my part but I thought it sounded reasonable.

13. Oh no....I think you're right. Craaaaap......

14. Yeah, there so to speak two versions of the around 60 cm - Star and Model. Sounds as you got the slightly shorter Model body.

15. Turns out that the lady listed the doll incorrectly. *sigh* I'll be trying to return her for not being as described. She listed the exact measurements for the Star body and had that listed. If I had known it was the Model body I wouldn't have bid on her. So while I wait for the seller to get back to me on returning her, I'm setting up a layaway to get my girl the body she was supposed to have.

Guess I'll see you guys again once the body comes in. :/ Off I go to the waiting room...

16. Holy cow, I fell off again!! CRIMINY! And a whole new part 14! Wow!

For those wondering about Josy, she should be released around December, I believe they said. She'll be released before the Seth head. I am so excited about her, too!

I have discovered a way to get myself an Aurora head- she will get my muscular girl body and the head on that body now will get... a 3rd gen male body! yes, it works with some modding and new hands!

She'll go from this (and Aurora will get this body), to this:
      [​IMG]

Glam shots. I think she's gorgeous!

Glam shots. I think she's gorgeous!

I so very much love it!

@Iron_Dog, congrats on Ziv!!! I still need the head in dark tan. I need to get that...

17. Sorry, one more post... anyone ever wondered if Soom Chalco would make a good woman? Well, my tan Impl Idol body says... yes! Though I'd like to get the jointed neck for her, a little extra width:
      [​IMG]

18. @chalyss Thank you! I'm really excited to have finally figured out who he was so he could come home.

Added into the excitement is that when I emailed RS to ask about making a thicker neck on their Mu body for the head that is one of Malachite's partners, they said they could do that. Haven't ordered the body yet though as paying for Malachite smacked a good hit to my dolls funds and I need to buy wigs for Malachite, Qayin and the as-of-yet unnamed child that will be also coming to me when Malachite arrives. And face-ups still need to be had for several of my guys. And while I've been experimenting with eye making (and wow is it fun), I need to buy supplies for that, too.

BJD's are truly wallet vampires.

19. RS is sooooo accommodating! Maybe I'll ask for that for my upcoming Yi since I need to get my Impl Joshua head a new body as I changed colors.

*LOLOL* Yes, they are. I see now why some people so eagerly embrace vampires... I keep coming back for more with BJDs, too.