IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 14

Sep 24, 2019

1. @chalyss I'd be getting them to go up a full cm in neck size (9cm to 10cm) to accommodate the head (BiDoll CS) I want to put on the body. I'll also need them to colour match, too. They quoted me a price of $60 to make the neck thicker and $20 for colour matching but of course you'd need to ask them what the costs would be for your purposes. In my opinion though, that's criminally reasonable for what I'm asking.

2. @Iron_Dog WOW! that is incredibly reasonable! I've heard of them doing all kinds of mods for customers, like 4 arm mods and double neck torsos for two heads... always wanted a 4 armed doll. Maybe I'll ask for that for my Joshua head! A thicker neck and 4 arms! That sounds kind of fun! And of course, the color matching! (Anti UV Real, which they don't make anymore, BTW... just the Real skin, in that lovely golden color, is available now. It's also ant-UV.)

So I did talk to Impl about their tan, as their new tan is that carrot anti-UV tan. They don't do the caramel tan anymore. Most of us, I think, don't want carrot skin (however, it might match the new Granado Sunshine, so maybe that's why they did it? The old tan matched the old sunshine), so they'll be taking opinions about it. I have some Impl stuff coming in soon I hope and I asked for resin samples, so I'll know better how the color really looks. I'll throw up a comp here when I get it and we can all tell Impl how we feel then.

3. @chalyss I'm almost positive that if SD's Shiva sculpt (pale lavender/blue resin & 4-arms) had been a male, I'd have been insanely tempted to get it and might've even broken Dolly Rule #1 (no doll comes home that isn't already a character). I have a DV 3-armed body on order that I'm really excited to get. Yea! for odd dolly.

If I'd ordered a tan doll and gotten the oompa loompa orange that is their new tan, I'd have been very upset over it. Please do share the resin samples you get from them. Impl seems to be pretty accommodating so maybe they would like to hear feedback on what people think of their colours.

4. Yah, my Dylan is pretty... Or rather was pretty oompah loompa orange. I wonder if he mellowed outor if I just got used to him? I think all my dolls are mellowing out, as the pinks don't seem so pink anymore??

Anyways, I took a picture of my Nick , now a modern man. He's so cute, but his hair is kind of geeky?

[​IMG]

5. Nick looks so handsome! I rather like those light gold curls!

6. I'm afraid he's noticed he gets the most attention, and he is getting A bit spoiled!

7. @IngieBee those hairs looks so natural, i like how he looks :-) almoust all my dolls is curly hairs, still need body for poor saly as she dont get face up... looks like inspiration disapeared till she dont have body, but impldoll muscle body fits my erica snow head perfectly. I just finished one custom order for Xena costume and body is amazing with this head :-)
      [​IMG]

8. @Anita2006 , I wish I never got the idol muscle body because they gave me regular legs. It kind of ruins what I wanted to do :(. But your Erica does look fantastic there! And the costume is amazing!!!

9. @IngieBee it is amazing body, and yes, if you hafe some character ideas where is women warrior or strong women it looks amazing, but i hide those muscular parts on fantasy or royal costumes so she usually wears dresses :-) it was my first try for that kind of clothes to do, but looks like it worked well.

10. Hopefully those new muscle Idol legs will be out soon. It's been a loooong wait time.

Anita, your Erica is soooo stunning! I love white hair so much and curly hair especially, so white and curly is my FAVE EVAR. You did an amazing job on the outfit! <3 <3 <3

11. Aiee, I fell out of this thread! I know it's pretty late to the party, but @chalyss your female Chalco evokes Azalea! It may be just me, but then again, I also think Soom Dia could work as an Iplehouse Stella (who is obviously off-topic for this thread under normal conditions).

12. @chalyss you right, blond hairs fits her and she looks very nice, I'm happy how she turns on. i need to redo her face up as the small spots come out, but till spring she can be as she is :-) thanks for nice words about costume, customer was impressed and i did not charged too much.

13. @AntarelNefertili Oooh, she does! I just compared a pic to my Avatar, an Azalea, and front-face, they look a lot alike! And I can see your other comparison, yeah! I hadn't thought of that before, honestly, but you're right!

@Anita2006, I'll bet she was super happy! Congrats on that!

14. Impldoll said they would send new muscle legs, but it's been so long. Do you really think they will 1. Make them or even 2. Remember their promise to me? Or 3. would the legs even match her body anymore? :huh?:

15. They are making them, I keep bugging them about them. A December release now, though. Remind yourself to them! And remind them what color you need and insist on it. You deserve to have them match! Or they can send a whole new doll... you can offer that fix, too. I am lucky that the ones I need match their new real skin, but not all may be so fortunate.

16. OK, I'll contact them again. I need a body for my new Leona event head that is incoming, so if I can afford it, they could send the legs together with it.

But I buy through Alice's so as not to pay for shipping. I wonder if they'd send the extra legs? I'll have to see.,

17. I'd hope Impl would pay for their own mistakes. The legs are not replacements for ones broken through use, but an error on their behalf. I think (??!!) they'll send them free, though they'd prefer to add them in with something else, of course.

18. Yah, true, but it's been forever, so who knows :(

19. Still waiting on any news on the horned head and the 2 African model sculpts but heres something to quench your thirst a bit lol

New Doll - *IMPLDOLL*New Asian style PeiYing/裴影 released.

Looks amazing doesnt he? I love the direction that Impldoll is heading, I would be very very happy if they made a female counterpart some day, and die of happiness if she resembled Fan Bingbing XD

20. I fall off the thread for a fortnight and BLAM all the sexy lady dolls show up.
      @chalyss Your Marti is just *oof* (fans self) I'm super excited now that my Aurora is on her way. She's apparently being processed in customs so I'm prepared to feel a world of customs fees and pain but it'll be worth it.

@Anita2006 Love the costume, love the look! She's still royalty, she's a warrior princess now, not one of those bookish indoorsy princesses who do needlepoint. ;)

@IngieBee He reminds me of baby Peter Capaldi when he was the Angel Islington on Neverwhere. I kinda wanna muss those curls a bit. Bet you do spoil him.

@GreenTeaSlug He does look good, they're giving Loongsoul a run for their money. I love the way they sculpted his eyes and mouth, it'll give a lot of expressiveness for someone to face up. Though I doubt they'd purposefully make a female doll like Fan BingBing...she's apparently caused some controversy in Mainland China. It'd be cool, but I wouldn't expect it.