1. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread part 13

Dec 19, 2018

1. holy cow! really? there's a fashion line coming??? this is how insanely out of the loop i've been!

@GreenTeaSlug ^_^ daww man i'm so glad you like them! i love doing them (and i sound like a broken record) but i wish i had more free time to do them. it's pretty much work and sleep right now but one day!!! best way to get answers from Impl is to email them directly. they don't seem to be very active on IG

@chalyss i need the time to rebuild her. on a different note, whatever happened to the African American guy. i wanted to mod him too.

@IngieBee manly men are my weakness XP . beards are epic. i have next to no time to do faceups anymore but i do LOVE experimenting with various styles. figured out how to do 3 styles so far, the regular 2d ones, a raised 3D stubble version with gel medium and this brushed fiber version. they're super fun to do and much easier than they look.

2. I might have to do a "real" beard on my Eclipse, maybe on Nicolas as well as the model I modeled him after has a beard too. But I think Eclipse could look really nice with a goatee or some such :) Need.... time.... Ugh!

3. I need to learn the beard secrets! I have two dolls planned that need them and my John head is arriving tomorrow and he might need some fuzz. After I fix his mouth, that is.

He has arrived! Damage isn't as bad as I thought, but now I need to worry about a body.
      [​IMG]

#703 Thymeseer, Jun 2, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    4. @Thymeseer , what damage? Oh, teeth removals?

5. @IngieBee Yep teeth are dremeled out and it looks like it slipped out and got outside the edges of his mouth too. A nick on his upper lip. The pointy ears were rounded out really well though. Just one is still rough to the touch but nothing some sandpaper can't fix. He also looked really yellow to me in the pics but not bad at all in real life. This is going to be hopefully easy (fingers crossed).

But he'll haunt the place body less for a while. My car broke down so all my doll funds are going to be gone for a long bit (both happy and sad I didn't order a long wanted doll when the funds were in my bank account). Well unless I find something fantastic and cheap and I do something stupid.

Currently living in fear Impl will release someone limited I can't live without as well.:sweat

#705 Thymeseer, Jun 4, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    6. As noticed, Impl does few limiteds. Secret: they will still cast an LE doll for you, but you can't get the fullset.

@MaryamDN, he's coming! They will also have a new African male and female soon. Well... "soon" is a relative term...

7. @chalyss are there photos somewhere?

8. No, not yet... except the few off their FB page. The heads they showed there are being set up for sales, but that takes awhile.

9. @Thymeseer That's similar to what @Anita2006 did for her John. What will you do for your fellow's mouth?

@chalyss so...I can still get Jerry's cool chest piece? Awesome!

10. @chalyss Good to know!.that takes a lot of pressure off.

@IngieBee He's going to get his teeth back, even fangier than before. I need to do some doodling to settle on a look, but it's possible I might make that mouth gap bigger for even larger teeth.

11. Sounds awesome, @Thymeseer ! I can't wait to see the finished new sculpts! I'm super excited about them!

12. Ahhhh Garza is here and oh so handsome!

13. Nice modeling of him! I think I am safe, though.

@MaryamDN, the boy you asked about has been released!

#713 chalyss, Jun 6, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    14. @Thymeseer Garza's so gorgeous! He's even more handsome than I was hoping!

15. So the model body fits my ios class50 cho head as well as I'd hoped! This is an older body that has mellowed, but it's also the kick in the pants I needed to wipe that faceup and now color match, which I plan to do later this month. :>
      [​IMG]

16. That looks great! How is the head mobility?

And I found trousers to cover my boy's TGB bubble booty!
      (special thanks to Cap'n for that!)
      [​IMG]

17. He's gorgeous @chalyss , which sculpt is he (I know the body is Impl, and head alone is off topic, but how else will I learn?)

Oh, and I like Garza too, only his neck looks too long for my liking, but that's OK, I'd likely do a neck mod :) Actually, he could be perfect for my Hero Protagonist :D

#717 IngieBee, Jun 6, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    18. Head mobility is great. Neck on this body is the same size as the body the head goes to, so it's perfect! :>

19. If Garza isn't modeled on 60s-era Mick Jagger, I will eat him and his mold. (Not that looking like 60s Mick is a bad thing).

20. @IngieBee, That's a Dollshe Corey head looking like it was made for an Impldoll TGB in real skin! I'm actually unsure if the head is oriental or copper oriental, but it sure is a nice match for Impl's current real skin! YAY Impl! I love Impl hybrids! And thank you!

@Cap'n, half my dolls lack good head mobility WITH a default body much less a hybrid, so that's always a good sign to me!