IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread part 13

Dec 19, 2018

1. OK, I went and looked and I think they are these:
      Jointed Hands,Doll Legend - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections

2. @chalyss well an LR head on an SID body will give me ideas...though it's all OT here ;)
      I love the gestures those jointed hands can do...hands are so expressive it drives me batty when a doll comes with shapeless hands (and feet)

3. Well, then that is for a PM! *LOL*

Impldoll IS working on jointed girl hands, probably to be released at the end of the year.

4. @fishcake @chalyss Thank you both! I think I'll wait until Impl releases their own female jointed hands before making a decision, if they're nice that would eliminate a lot of difficulties. As a newbie I'm not keen to jump into hybrids right off the bat :P

5. Wise idea, @With-a-curl! They should be out soon! And hybrids CAN be frustrating!

6. I'm waiting on the female jointed hands too. While the 1/3 male DF-H variety are of a nice scale to the Starwoman, the ones I got had a waaaaaay off color to Impl and sinks into the wrist socket without padding. I owe my poor big guy his own pair of jointed hands, but that keeps getting put off by other purchases. Which is a shame, because he ought to be able to wield two blades simultaneously. :P

7. I find the Impl boy jointed hands are too small for the Idol males. They're about the right size for the ladies, but have the veins and don't look very feminine. I guess they'd work on the new Starman bodies, but not so much the Idol guys.

8. Hi everyone, I've been taking a break, but feel really good today (funny that I'm feeling good coincides with binging on sugar....) anyways, LOL I missed you all here!

I was just reading the backlog and I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you, @chalyss , do not have an Aurora! Really? I'd think she'd be right up your alley??!!

Also, my 2 cents on jointed hands. I think Resin Soul's hands for boys fit perfectly on Idol ladies if you're on a budget, though they're not as beautiful as Legend's.

Also, I've been learning to knit, do you believe it? I'm making a pullover for an Impl lady, who I'm not sure, LOL. Will show when done :D

9. I'm doing my second faceup ever on my John. Wish me the best of luck! I gave him his new teeth and just finished giving them their final sanding and I'm 80% happy with them haha.

10. Oh, another John! How exciting!!! Looking forward to seeing him :D

11. John :-) im waiting your pictures of him, i did from him human and closed his mouth :-) he looks good on my taste now :-) there is not too much owners of him :-)

12. Question :) I have a Plaice head, in RS, and I was on another thread and saw a DZ boy body of 62cm.... and I was thinking it would be really nice to make Plaice a more androgynous / slight person. Would his head be too big? I don't have any other boys except my idols and star boys?? Thanks for your opinions :D My goal more than anything would be to get a body that is great at posing but also easier to buy clothes for :P

#833 IngieBee, Jul 30, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    13. His head would be big, yes. I have a Tank head on a DZ 70cm, and I think (because of their peanut heads mostly) it's a tad too large for the body. Plaice is an affable lug, even bigger head than Tank. But depends on what you'd like to see!

[​IMG]

If I have time, I can put the plaice head on the DZ body, but again this is the 70cm, not 62cm. A Starman or SiD body would also work well. This is a pic from @fishcake of her Plaice (she was owner before me) on a Starman body and it looks good! Then you'd have SiD clothes you can buy.
      [​IMG]kip_onna_star by Lyn Perkins, on Flickr

@IngieBee, *LOL* I am still planning one for her! I think she needs a muscle Idol in brown! (Aurora that is)

14. Oh man, that Impl brown is gorgeous! I'm kind of sad I didn't get Plaice in brown now! (got them at the same time, LOL)

"Plaice is an affable lug" LOL Love that!

So is the star body you're talking about the 5Star male body? or the Impl Star? Impl's Star boys are also... ahem, chunky, LOL Though I love my Dylan.

15. With regards to heads I think it also comes down to what wig you use. Anything that's meant to be sleek will show how big the head is, but if you're going for something wild and fluffy it might look like all the volume is in the hair instead of the head.

Another question, does anyone have measurements of the Star woman's heeled feet? Impl's site doesn't list it and I was wondering if it's smaller than the regular ones.

16. He's nowhere near as handsome as @Anita2006 's John but here's my boy. He ended up a lot more nosferatu than I initially intended. And I'm only like 60% happy with his teeth now, but it was good experience all around. I can always wipe and start over. I want to take some better pics tomorrow when I finish his wig and give him his eyes back. I also forgot to color match him to his body. :doh I need to figure out his styling...
      [​IMG]

Bonus profile.
      [​IMG]

17. Wow, he looks fantastic! He looks very believable. Now I am curious what else you will do with him.

18. Oh wow, John looks like from old movie about vampires, dont remember name of movie :-) good job. and face up is realistic. i cleaned my sally head and will try new face up for her, at the moment her body vent for dollshe erica snow head :-) and it fits and looks nice when you add wig, as dollshe head is smaller. but it can be good hybrid for impldoll bodies. i got head for ridiculous price on ebay auction. so, think so someone will need new body :-)

19. @Ipledreamer and @Anita2006 thanks so much! I'm growing more fond of him. He's on a normal pink mirodoll 68 cm body, which proportionally is really nice, and now that he's hot glue sueded it's pretty good (though I do lack any sort of comparison). But it's entirely the wrong color. He's going to be well covered for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sally's new face!