1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Discussion (HID -male and female) part 2

Mar 6, 2018

1. Awesome because I'm going to be using EID fantasy hands for one of my blokes!

2. they might look odd on a HID... the arm size is an okay fit to the blocky 'man hand' but the fantasy ones are slim(ish) and might look even more slim on a HID... try asking iple if they could do a photo of fantasy nands on the HID for you. tell them miss matched color is okay, and you just want to see how they look with the body. it's an idea that could save money if you don't like the aesthetic. if you are not too worried of the cost they shop away.... just show us too LOL

3. Had a feeling you might say that. Yeah I might buy and mod a pair of HID hands if the fantasy ones don’t fit

4. @Muraki88 They are exactly the same except the fantasy hands has long nails, which is why in the photo the knuckles might look like it is shorter/higher because the nails are lifting the hand up slightly

Here is a comparison of them both (fantasy hands in regular Real Skin, HID default hands in Glow Real Skin) I messed up and ordered regular real skin instead of the glow version, so the right pair is coming up once I can figure out which doll I want to get in this event.

[​IMG]

The fit is perfect on the HID body too, just like the default hands fit
      [​IMG]

Sorry its dark where I am so I used flash, if you need a particular pose let me know

5. Am I the only one who doesn’t see fantasy EID Man hands for sale? Where do you find these?

6. Oh what the heck? How many other parts have I missed out on because they’re “misshelved”? Thanks for that.

7. You guys are amazing!!

8. Yep I had the same problem, I had to use their search to find things like horns etc

9. HID Baron is here! He's in the "new" Dark Brown because I wrote Iplehouse when they made that announcement about changing resin colors and asked if he could be made in the darker resin like I wanted when I ordered him, and they said that he would be.

He's got the "white + beard" faceup, and it looks terrific except right under his bottom lip, which is probably pretty hard to paint. He came with those little scratches on his face. They might come out with Magic Eraser, but I had to put him back in his box after this photo because he's a Christmas present. :pout:

[​IMG]
      HID Baron in Dark Brown
      by Saphariel, on Flickr

10. Congratulations, he looks fantastic :love. Sorry to hear about the scratches, but let's hope you will be able to remove them with Magic eraser.
      I would like to ask - could you please try his head on EID body (after Christmas - as he is a Christmas present?) ;)

11. Michi,

I would not do magic eraser on body until you try it first on a non obvious place. Lt brown sanding is obvious when it done by Iple, so you may not like what it looks like when you have done it. test it under his feet first.

Edited

I just reread they are on his face for sure , you definitely may not want to do it then with his face up. Magic eraser takes face ups and sealant off. It's like microsanding. I would not recommend it.

12. I can definitely do that after Christmas, LOL. My hubs taped up the box and wrote on it to discourage me from peeking until then. :D

Thanks @Bren! I've sanded Iple faceups before with no trouble, but I can definitely see where Baron's been sanded near his wrists and there is discoloration. I may just leave it alone, then.

13. uh... magic eraser is 'sanding'? O_o i did not realize this... good thing my store never had any when i wanted it? lol yikes

OMG he's beautiful! is this the matte or glow? it has such a warmth... I like this color!... and im not that into the darker resins.

14. I took a Magic Eraser to my Harace’s face (with an Iplehouse faceup) because she headbutted a window frame and got white paint on her face, and it did no damage AND got the paint off. I think the point is to be careful with darker resin shades. :/ You can use it on top of body blushing too. Just be careful!

Thanks! Baron is regular matte AND the darker of the “new” browns. I love the darker shades, especially if he was going to have white hairs. The glow brown hasn’t been available since early 2017. It was late in the day so the light wasn’t good but I’m not allowed to take more pics. :(

15. I hope you could do a box opening of Baron or take more photos of him after Christmas. Boy! That was a quick delivery! It feels like only yesterday when I saw him on Iplehouse website. Back then i couldnt afford him. Looks like he's on my wish list. He reminds me of my old Rex that i foolishly sold away and now regretted it.

16. Can’t wait to get my EID Baron! He’s a reshelling of my old YID Barron.

What a gorgeous doll, that skin is amazing!

17. Does anyone have an HID Scarlet and/or HID Arvid? Problem with the doll choice is you have no idea if a certain sculpt will work on the big HID man body or not, and I’m trying to shell a couple of OCs.

My character Rihara is a winged demon who is fiesty and sarcastic, and I’m torn between elf grace or Scarlet.

Her partner is a big male demon who’s a military dude, kind and caring but straight down the line. And I was thinking HID Arvid or Bane but I can’t make up my mind!!

Any help would be amazing in terms of photo reference for these combos.

18. HID Lahela, just because. :)

[​IMG]

19. She looks like Carrie Underwood