1. Please check the announcement in the DOA News section. Broken links to TinyPic were noticed over the weekend, and today we confirmed they've been shutting down over the last month. Since a lot of people appear to have pictures there, be aware that Monday, 9/16/19 appears to be the last day to download your photos.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Discussion ( YID, nYID, SID, EID, HID ) Part 10

Oct 1, 2018

1. Hello all! While waiting for my Dollshe dolls, I weakened and bought my first EID Evan secondhand from 2008. He will ship this week so I am joining the thread to learn more. He will be my first large boy (I have 3 FID boys and one FID girl) and I was wondering what differences I can expect for an older doll. No CoA in 2008, for instance.

I will probably restring him which I've never done. Are there good tutorials you'd recommend? I'm nervous!

2. Back then, the peanuts in their elbows and knees were a bit tricky. It was a great idea, but slipped out of position. Someone made an amazing mod with watch strap connectors... I bought some of those pins for my JIDs at the time but never attempted ig. I really should find them and do it! Other than that, use as large a chord as fits through the neck and they are string "normally" so most tutorials on You Tube should work ,:)

3. Poor Zera is living with a damaged chin. She probably thinks I do not love her, letting her live with it. However, it is exactly the opposite. I love her so much and I am so used to this look for her that I am reluctant to send her off for a fresh face-up. If I send her off I think part of me would want to try something new, but I am pretty sure most of me would want her to remain the same, maybe even her orangey lipstick.
      I received her in 2014 and her face-up has held up for a long time, with all the re-dressings and adventures she has been through.
      Anybody else find it hard to let some dolls go for new face-ups. For my collection I have only felt this way about one other doll, not wanting to ever change her.

[​IMG]Zera by Laurie W, on Flickr

Here is a link to the first photo I posted of her. Her lips look glossier -
      Zera & Cordelia Homework 2

4. I do have at least one doll, a cp/Luts Lishe whom I fell in love with early on in the hobby and was able to adopt a couple of years ago. She was painted by Ddink. I hope she stays safe forever!

5. I really like iplehouse dolls. They looks very real.

6. Yes @LaurieESW I know exactly what you mean about letting face ups go. I had to do that several times with the Lahela in my profile pic. I'm still getting used to her latest face up. I have had her for many years now. I have a few dolls that could do with new face ups - I am not skilled at repairing them so damage usually means a whole new fresh start. Your Zera is lovely...hope you find a good solution...maybe someone could repair her makeup?

[​IMG]The Faces of Lahela... by Lyanne NZ, on Flickr

7. Those pictures of Lahela and all her looks makes me want to get a dozen heads for each of my dolls! Their look is so different each time (yet still Lahela). Like she's dressed for different events. Your dolls are always so amazing, @LyanneNZ

8. Hi! I have a nYID that has trouble holding poses. I've sueded her and tightened her string up a bit. How to you wire them? What type of wire do you use? That would help me do more with her :)

9. Wouldn't that be fun though...a few heads for each doll ;)

Just on the face up damage...years ago Cindy Heaton of Bella Repaints was able to work her magic on an Elfdoll June of mine when I messed up the makeup on her lips (and it was embarrassingly bad!) She painted her up without having to touch the eye makeup and you could never tell afterwards. I am not sure if Cindy is still painting but I'm sure there are some who could do this.

Thanks so much Ingiebee! I love Lahela's face sculpt...

10. How about some EID male love? :XD: (The ladies seem to get the most attention.)

[​IMG]Maelgwn by luluna33, on Flickr

11. Oh! Gorgeous!

12. Loving all the gorgeous eye candy in this thread!

And here's my own beloved EID guy.

[​IMG]

13. Oh my! Those eyes are so beautiful!

14. Did Iplehouse discontinue Ashanti?

15. @Demonique - yes...sorry to say they did. Think it was about 3 years ago? But not absolutely certain. Somebody will be able to tell us I'm sure.