1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EIDs - your thoughts?

Jul 25, 2010

1. Hey there!

I’m new here, and after a quick look through the topics here, I didn’t see one that fits with what I’m after – but if it exists, my apologies!

I am in the market for my first BJDs, hopefully to get them before the New Year. I’ve looked all through the links at http://www.gigglegeek.dk/bjd.htm and http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/bjd-companies . So far, I would have to say that I am thoroughly entranced by Iplehouse the most. I’m basically looking for more adult looking dolls as I intend to use them as the instruments to satisfy my muses. That is, as models because I have a lot of clothing designs and projects I want to make into reality but making them big enough for me is not really in the budget at the moment!
      I also want to do photostories with them because I quite like the idea and possibly recreating some RP and story characters I have. I’ve been looking at my measuring tape and trying to figure out the size and it looks huge to me, but I’m hoping for more detail in my designs and so I thought 70cm might not be so bad.

Specifically I love the Iplehouse EID Tedros and Yur. I keep going back to the site and just really clicking with ‘em.

My initial thought is that I will get four. Two girls and two boys but I know already that I’m going to eventually want to play around with faceups and modifications (Long pointy elf ears specifically and possibly piercings) and I don’t really want to buy a horde of dolls when the four will (eventually, it’ll be just the two for now because I’m not made of money, sadly and I don't have the space, either at the moment) theoretically suit me just fine but have a mess around with the faceups. I thought maybe buying a separate head would work well and I don’t believe that Iplehouse sells their heads separate.

Does anybody know of any other companies whose heads will work with the EID size?

Also – what are your experiences with the EIDs?

Did you find their size to be an issue?

Is it hard to find wigs and shoes that fit them from other companies?

Do they from time to time sell bodies or heads separately? I see they’ve had the male body up there on its own – but does the female one ever come up?

I've also not seen a lot of places that have props readily available - are there any good places to get props for this size doll? Like glasses, weaponry?

Annnnd... Mobility type? Is it worth the extra money to get that extra leg movement?

Thank you for the read and your time/thoughts/advice! :sweat

2. Does anybody know of any other companies whose heads will work with the EID size?
      Sadly, not that I know of, but there may be some other folks out here that know.

Personally, I love them! Have four. Want more. :)

At first, yes. But once I got used to them, I wished I had spent more time with them sooner! They are both heavy and bulky, but it just looks so darned good on them, that after a while, you just don't notice any difficulties.

Wigs? No. Shoes? Yes. I just buy the Iple ones and be done with it.

Do they from time to time sell bodies or heads separately?
      Only on very rare occasions, before they had the EID line, when they were selling limited tan versions of the YID that came with an extra head. Only then would they sell a body separately, and only if you had ordered the special set that had two heads. I wouldn't count on it happening any more.
      But, once you've been on here for a while, and met the criteria for marketplace access, individuals can often be found there, selling either head or body, or full doll with the option to split with someone that wants the other part. There's a blank Tedros head up for sale currently.

Are there any good places to get props for this size doll? Like glasses, weaponry?
      This line and size is fairly new, so finding anything much outside of Iple, that fits them, is going to be a hit and miss deal. Some people make their own props. Though keeping your eyes peeled throughout life may net you some fun stuff where you didn't expect to find it: lightsaber chopsticks. I got a couple pair, and they fit my EID boys fairly well.
      ( http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?350112-The-Farce-(IH-EID-Kamau-Chase)-9pix-23Jan10 )

Mobility type? Is it worth the extra money to get that extra leg movement?
      Personally - no. Not for me, it's not. But there are those that love it. My guys are no gymnasts, and really don't do much other than sit/stand/one-leg-forward poses.
      ( http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...le-House-EID-Super-Hero-vs.-Model-body-(NUDE) )

Welcome to the hobby, and have fun! :chocoberry

3. I like the mobility joints myself... EID bodies (the Superhero version in particular-) are, to put it frankly, terrible posers. They're absolutely beautiful sculpts, but pretty limited in comparison to a lot of the other dolls out there. Having the mobility joints helps a little with things like sitting. It doesn't make a huge difference from what I've seen, but when you're working with such a difficult doll to begin with, every little bit helps...

4. Oh, wow! Thank you both for such great feedback! Aernath - the links were so helpful! And Brightfires - I hadn't even thought of that, gives my brain more to mull over! Thanks again! I'd love to hear some more thoughts on 'em :D

5. I only have experience with the superhero body.

Does anybody know of any other companies whose heads will work with the EID size?
      I have a Minimee head on an EID body. Example picture:
      [​IMG]

The neckhole need to be adjusted. You can see here how I did it: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-and-DIM-minimee-Hybrid&p=4450519#post4450519
      Without modding maybe only the Soom Idealan can fit. With huge modifications some other heads can fit. But normaly no other companies heads can fit on the huge thick neck.
      About resin colour matches, there are companies that match with Iplehouse EID resin. In the "request pictures" section of the forum you can find the matching threads.

Edit: about the EID heads: It is possible to try it on other companies bodies, but the neck hole is really huge. There will be a cab between neck and head. And the head can look like a bobblehead on the thin necks.

Awesome :D The body is just :fangirl: Which compensates the negative point: that he can't sit.

The superbody is really huge. I don't feel the size is an issue, but the weight is. I find it very tiresome to pose the body and the weight makes it also difficult to pose.

Wigs are easy, but shoes.... very hard. Shoes that could fit are Glamour model doll from Dollmore and Super senior delfs from Luts. I have seen some baby shoes too. Again it is hit or miss.

Do they from time to time sell bodies or heads separately? I see they’ve had the male body up there on its own – but does the female one ever come up?
      Maybe, but for this body it is very difficult to fit other heads. So Iplehouse doesn't sell it seperatly. But maybe for the extra heads that comes with the full sets.

I've also not seen a lot of places that have props readily available - are there any good places to get props for this size doll? Like glasses, weaponry?
      Mostly the SD size props will fit. Look for the 70cm line here on the marketplace.

Annnnd... Mobility type? Is it worth the extra money to get that extra leg movement?
      Same with Brightfires

6. Did you find their size to be an issue?

Let me say, the majority of my collection is comprised of the EID's. When I got my first, I sold most of the rest of the dolls I had to sink that money into more EID's. I love their size. They are heavy......close to 7lbs for the guys, but I'm used to carrying mine around now and it doesn't bother me at all.

Wigs aren't an issue at all.......most 8/9 styles fit if the wig cap is stretchy. Fur or mohair wigs, I'd buy a 9/10, but it's been really easy to find wigs for my guys. The girls can use a 7/8 most times if the wig caps are stretchy. Shoes, I have bought all mine from Iplehouse. None of my other guys have feet that even come close to being as big as the EID's, LOL! I have heard that some Dollmore Glamour model size shoes fit...........I've not tried them though.

Watch the marketplace here when you get access. I have seen splits on the boards. Iple hasn't sold bodies/heads separately on the EID line though.

I don't have many props...........SOme of my sunglasses I had for my other BJD's work on the Iple guys too though.

I have 2 with the mobility joint and the rest without. I don't find it helpful enough to warrant the extra $20. I prefer the clean leg line without it.

7. Aernath, those lightsaber chopsticks are hilarious!

Seraphprotocol, my E.I.D. Asa is a joy to sew for. The big size is definitely a plus in that department. It was a bit of a shock when I first opened her box but you get used to it pretty fast.

I didn't get the mobility joint and I can't say I miss it. My only posing gripe is that the elbows take quite a bit of fiddling to get into a more-than-90-degree bend, which sometimes makes it impossible to do so when she's wearing long sleeves. Try it, and the whole elbow may get so jumbled up that you have to undress her just to get it back into the socket. :doh

Also, Iple is not stellar in the customer service department. They've been sending out a lot of wrong/defective faceups recently, and not even paying for return shipping. :doh Maybe some incentive to get them blank, since you said you were interested in painting them yourself? Also, in many cases the resin hook in the female foot breaks simply from the pressure of normal to loose elastic tension. Again, don't expect Iple to lift a finger to help you--unless, of course, you want to shell out $20 for a new pair of defective feet. :doh

Overall, I love my Asa and she's not going anywhere, but knowing what I do now, I can't justify buying Luna, as much as I love her face.

8. Hi! I'm still a newbie, so excuse my question, but where do you buy the Minimee's heads? I'd like to get a head for my SuperHero body... but looking on the site DIM minimee, i'm unable to find anything looking like this... can you help me please?

i feel so dumb asking this question.....:sweat