Iplehouse Kid K.I.D. 35cm discussion part 5

May 26, 2016

1. Your Daisy is gorgeous. I have a Daisy boy, but your girl sure tempts me.

2. What beautiful girls and great photography!

3. One more of my Gyda...just because :XD:

[​IMG]Gyda by luluna33, on Flickr

4. I will not be able to order Esi now, but since I can later in the Doll Choice option I think I'll be fine.

5. I tried on a different wig on Gyda (WS Celine)...a Monique Hanna in size 6-7.:XD:

[​IMG]Gyda by luluna33, on Flickr

6. @luluna Gyda is beautiful. I love her in red. Did you make it? I like the dark eyes. I have not changed my Celina’s eyes since she arrived.

7. Thank you! :XD: No I didn't make her dress....I got it from PixieDustDesigns on etsy. And yes, these eyes are what Iple put in her...Her character 'should' have blue eyes....but I really like the brown eyes here. So they will stay for awhile.

8. Cutie Esi arrived today. She is lovely, but I need to get her smaller eyes.
      Then we'll need to figure out what type of outfits she prefers. I don't know why, but I've got the feeling, that she'll probably like summer dresses.
      I'm just wondering what age are the KIDs supposed to be?

[​IMG]

9. Sharkyra, your Esi is darling!...may I ask what skin color you ordered? And as for age, I think of my KIDs as around 12 to 13 years old, though I know several people have them as teenagers. Not sure what Iplehouse had intended, I've never seen it posted anywhere. Enjoy your lovely girl.

10. I think of my KIDs a bit younger...around 8-9ish. :)

11. I've always pictured Noni as around 14, a little older than my Yo-size crowd.

[​IMG]
      GirlsDCAmain
      by clochette62, on Flickr

12. She's lovely and reminds me that today, while driving in my neighborhood, a young lady I don't remember seeing before, was on a walk and had loose curls like 3' long all around her head bouncing joyfully with every step, she was a vision. I almost opened my window to ask her if she'd give me her hair, LOL, but I know my strange sense of humor generally horrifies frightens people, so with great restraint, I kept my mouth shut for once, LOL.:sneaky

Do you guys see pretty girls and boys and think "oh what a lovely doll they'd be?" OK, enough of my weirdness :doh

BTW, my guess is they are between 5 and 8 years old?? What do you all think?

@clochette , 14? I guess maybe :D Your group is adorable!!! I guess it depends on the size of the group (as in height, eh?)

13. Thank you. Yes, most of my kiddos are more diminutive, so the Unoa Chibis and KIDs seem ages older.

14. According to the site KID dolls are supposed to be 6/7 years old. [​IMG]

#934 EmeraldPixie, Mar 18, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    15. I guess it depends on which other dolls Iple is pairing the KIDs with. I use them with JIDs and FIDs and then I think of them as around ten, with the BIDs ranging from four to six.
      [​IMG]

16. As I looked more at my KIDs I would say I'd lean more to 7-9 years old. And BIDs ages 4-6.

But like MBLilac said...it might depend on who they are paired with. Mine would be with the Big dolls, like EID, SID, nYID...which I know the scale isn't 'great' but it's all I have.

17. Thank you all so much for your input. :D

Yes, it's true, it will depend on which dolls they are paired with. Since I have mostly mini sized dolls, I guess they would be 10 - 12 years old then. But then again I might just keep my KIDs as a group of their own, as I'm not sure if they would really go well with my rather slim mini dolls.

@IngieBee well, not so often with the actual persons themselves, but I often see outfits/styles/items that I would love to have available in doll size. Then I usually tell myself that I could just create them myself, so I will buy the necessary craft supplies only to eventually completely forget about the project. e____e It's been so bad, that I recently decided that I'm not allowed to get any new supplies, until I've used at least half of my stash.

@clochette The more I think about it, the better I like the idea of a teenager KID. Yes, I think with the right kind of styling it could totally work.

@Sortilege Thank you very much :), my Esi is light brown.

18. Oh gosh, @Sharkyra, that sounds just like me!

19. @Sharkyra - I find the KIDs go really well with my slim minis. I have one Doll Leaves, some Limhwas, a Narin and several Naraes. And of course they go really well with the JIDs and BIDs.

20. I think so too @MB Lilac . Forgot to say before but OMGosh that little one on my left in the photo, OMgosh he is just too cute!! All your dolls have amazing personalities along with amazing costumes, amazing rooms, amazing photography!