1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Junior Delf Discussion

Jul 1, 2009

1. I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd start one.

I just ordered my Rigel without a faceup! I really like the idea of a shorter SD boy. They're really adorable! :D I can imagine that finding clothes and shoes might be a pain, though.

2. I don't think it will be a pain. They are similiar to Volks SD10.

3. I think they are cute but I also worry about clothing. SD10s can be hard to find boy clothing for but they do fit a lot of SD13 size girl clothing. A lot of it can be too girly for a boyish boy.

It seems Luts is lumping their clothing in with the Delf boys and are showing their clothing on a Shiwoo. If the Shiwoo is a type 1 or 2 than he's a lot bigger than a type 3 or Junior boy... I don't know if their clothing will really fit the juniors well without a Junior wearing them.

I do like the headmolds a lot!:aheartbea I think I need to see owner pics on the bodies before I can be sure about them. In Luts' photos the knees don't seem to fit together all the way.

4. My little SD boys are rather girly so I am lucky, I quess :) I don't mind clothes a little too big either. Anyway, just bought a Volks Omuke Sumika outfit-- let's see how it will fit a Junior Delf. The pants will be perhaps a little too loose-- SD10 boys do have chubby bellies ;)

I ordered a Rigel, but I am not sure I like the head mold all that much... I mostly want the body for my Crobidoll Thor.

5. I like them, especially the hands and faces but I'm put-off by how the neck and head fit together at the back, it seems really awkward. Possible to mod?

6. You're right, it's rather awkward. I wonder if you could sand it to make it look less flap-esque? A longer wig would solve the problem, but if you want your boy to have shorter hair...

7. I just saw these today and they struck me as a possibility for my Pixydoll boy since he needs to be short.

Looking forward to seeing owner pics and resin comparisons. :D

8. My Lepus is home and he's really adorable! According to Luts, he's 56 cm, but compared to my cousin's B&G Sandra, they're roughly the same height...:S He's also not that much shorter than my Breakaway (type 1 body), so I would probably estimate him to be closer to 58 cm.

As for clothing, Delf sized shirts fit, but the pants are a bit long in the legs so I might just try my girl pants on him instead.

His face is really adorable though ^_^ I'm thinking about switching to a girl body since he looks more like a girl than a boy IMO.

9. The resin color should be the same (or very similar to) the color of Senior Delfs, I think. :3

Serraphym, how well does the body pose? :D

10. Is the Luts resin more pinky-toned or more yellow? (Or does it match older Volks pureskin resin?)

Double on how the body poses, and how is the weight compared to the type 3?

11. I know that Delfs are more pinky toned whereas Senior Delfs (I'm not sure about the other sizes) are more yellow toned (like B&G).

12. I'd love to see some user pics, I was really wanting to get Rigel but since that didn't happen... pics will have to do >.> XD

13. CP NS just seems a lot peachier overall, whereas my cousin's batch of B&G resin is yellowy (which means that my Lepus is pinker/lighter compared to it.) I have a Senior Delf Girl from Jan. 2008 who is yellowy too, so I think Luts RS varies from batch to batch...

As for posability, he stands like a rock. I can just put him down and he'll stand. Hand and head mobility are pretty good too, but the feet can't bend up and down like those on the Delf body. The waist joint also seems a bit stiff (I can't get him to bend very much), but that might be because my Lepus is strung quite tightly. At the moment, in terms of posability, I prefer the SDF girl body over the JDF body.

14. Luts normal skin is peachy and a lot darker than real skin.
      Luts real normal skin is okay match to Dollmore, it's more yellow than pinky though. But it is very light compared to normal skin.

I have SD10 body I don't know how old, it's "normal skin" I don't know what it's called. Luts normal skin is darker than it, and real normal skin is lighter, but has about same yellowish tone in it.

Hope this helps! :3

15. I got my boy today. C: If anyone has questions about the body (posing etc.) feel free to ask. I'm still getting used to the double jointed body though. Box opening will go up later.

16. Yuanfang: Ooh! Please link us when it's up ^^

I'm most intrigued about this back of neck thing really.

17. Upon further comparison (this time, with my Breakaway '05), both without wigs, it seems that Lepus is between 3-4 cm shorter, which would put him at around 57cm. The first comparison I did was with wigs on, which probably was why the difference didn't seem quite so big :sweat Sorry about that!

18. Thanks for those photos of the neck, it looks much better than the Luts photos... And not too hard to sand ^^

19. Just bumping this back up now that Luts is releasing two new Juniors with their winter event. I'm totally loving Terra personally.