1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. I was watching an Asian Horror movie called Cinderella, and in one of the scenes a girl was having a birthday party and she got a doll for her birthday, it looked like it belonged to the Dream of Doll line up. His eyes were like that of Homme Duncan and Kirill.

I'm going to go to a friends house as soon as possible, so he can capture the images.

Have you ever seen a BJD in a movie?

2. in doll master yes. the customhouse dolls were a feature of that movie

3. I don't know about movies, but the super dollfie is one of the main features of the manga Fairy Cube by Kaori Yuki, one of the characters, a man, has one and uses it to disguise the fairy of the title
      she's shown on the cover of book 2

4. I actually started a thread a whille ago on here about BJDs in the live action Death Note movie. They were artist made dolls I believe, but Misa Misa had a bunch all over her bedroom.

5. There's a Korean horror film (I.. guess it was horror? It wasn't very scary. xD) called "Bunshinsaba," and one of the characters had a Dollmore doll sitting on her desk. You couldn't really tell what doll it was, because it was only shown from afar in one scene, but it was there. ;>

6. WARNING~~~ SPOILERS on some threads

So I was watching this really sick and twisted chinese.. or maybe japanese movie with my brother and his friend the other day. (Honestly I dont think too many of you will be interested in watching this movie. Its.. disturbing.. Hostel, Saw 3, The Hills Have eyes, type of disturbing.) Although I dont think anyone will want to watch this movie, at least the first 2 segments, I do think that people will be happy to know that BJDs are making their way out into the movie world after doll master.

Anyways the movie is made up of 3 different stories, which deals with Irony. The first segment I think alot of people will be disturbed so just skip that one if you want. It deals with eating.. really creepy things and I assure you wont want to eat meet for a very long time.The second one, is disturbing as well, and makes you think a bit, theres lots of blood in this one.

BUT, keep skipping and skipping until you get to the last episode. I really enjoyed this one and theres No Blood, or anything gory. This has to do with twins, and a circus. This is where the BJD makes its appearance. This doll doesnt look like any doll that I know of, but I can tell it is indeed a BJD. Its only like 5mins worth of seeing her too, but hey shes in it, heheh. I think alot of you will like the last episode. Its a bit scary so if you cant handle scariness, hehe this is most definately not the movie. The movie isnt about the BJD, so I dont want to give any false hope now. heh.

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that yay I saw another BJD in a movie. YAY! Not that too many of you will want to see it hahaha. Just saying is all.

The movie is called The 3 Extremes for those who are interested, and have the stomach for gore, ghost, and demons.

-Pakou

7. I love movies like that (I'm a big time horror fan and movies that get under your skin are way better than movies that just make you jump a little due to loud sudden music). I'm going to have to see if I can find it and spot the doll!

8. I believe it's a collaboration of Korean, Japanese and Chinese work. The Japanese section is probably the one with the doll in.

9. hehe, in the 'Death note" live action movie (part2) there are BJD's in Misa's bedroom, although they are just in the background, i thought it was cool.

10. 3 Extremes has a BJD in it? XD

Wellhey, more excuse for me to see it.

[/Extreme Asian Cinema fan.]

11. There's another Chinese movie called "Spider Lilies". I didn't think the movie was good though, but Raine Yang has a BJD:

Movie Plot (taken from Yahoo!): ***spoilers alert***
      Jade (Rainie Yang) is a webcam exhibitionist who visits a tattoo parlour looking for a sexy decoration to excite her clients. She requests for a spider-lily tattoo similar to the one framed at the tattoo parlour but the female tattoo artist, Takeko [Isabella Leong], is reluctant to accede to her request. Visiting Jade's website, Takeko finds out that they knew each other 10 years ago when Jade had a crush on her.

12. I saw Cinderella it was an interesting movie and Spider lilies!

13. Haha i want to see all these horror movies but Im a chiken...my best friend is a pillow :)

And theres a BJD in Death Note I got to re watch that XD

14. Along time ago, I rented a movie from blockbuster, and it was a really B-rated japanese movie, and it was about a young couple, and there were these dolls that would make them go crazy.

I'm not POSITIVE they were bjds because I didn't even know what a bjd was back then, but when I think about it, they were about the same size, and looks alot like em.

15. So this past weekend I attended Anime Expo (lots of fun at the meets...thanks guys!), But on saturday I wasted the entire day watching both of the Death Note movies. (Both amazing..wasted like....6 hours though. XD)

In one scene, Misa is in her bedroom writing in the deathnote I think...Or on the phone. Anyway, there's a chair in the background with two 60-70 cm girls sitting on it. In another scene when she's on her bed, there was another one sitting on her windowsill. Anyone get screenshots?

16. Man it's kind of a bummer when BJDs/Dolls are featured in movies, they almost always end up the "bad guys"...scaring people, murdering, etc... (like the "Chucky" movies). I can't get my one niece to like the BJDs I have because she's been scared by the Scary Doll movies LOL

I think it's neat when dolls/bjds would be the heroes or help the heroes in movies. Why can't there be more "heroic" dolls in movies than "scary" ones??

17. I haven't seen any movies with BJDs, but I know in the PV tremolo by Plastic Tree, they used a mix of a BJD and a real child to be the singer Ryutarou's 'younger self' it was creepy watching it move o_O go go stop animation.

18. I watched a Korean horror called Wishing Stairs... it had a couple artist made bjds.. and alot of other dolls (baby dolls and such) but there was two big bjd... maybe sd sized? but I believe they were artist made because their faces didn't look like any other type of mold I know of.

19. the other day I saw a film q is called to SPIDER LILIES and the protagonist has one bjd and one blythe