1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Feedback (2010)

May 10, 2010

1. Latidoll (2010)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Ruki basic (with make-up premium)

* When did you order?
      Febuary 6, 2010 (received on April 6, 2010)

Super (with the board)

By credit card. Very simple

2 months

Good. My doll have a problem with the right foot magnet. But the rest is perfect.

Yes.

Yes.

About the right foot magnet and Lati forgot to add the wig of my choice. I wrote to them and they send to me a new pair of feet and my wig.

Yes, but not for the moment, because my collection is completed. I need a big crush to buy another one. It's only a question about my walet.

Hmm! Depend about the dool second-hand, but I think not. I prefer new doll.

3. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Cookie Basic (I THOUGHT w/ basic makeup, but apparently I did not!)

* When did you order?
      October 26th, 2009

Difficult - I initally posted on the Chinese board first as many posts were in English, so I was confused. (though I went thru their "Shopping Mall in English" area, so not sure why I should assume it was Chinese.) My dolls knees have a defect, which they only allowed replacement requests for ELEVEN days!! I was not aware they were defective as she was my first BJD until reading up on the boards. They refused to replace her knees.

By credit card. Very simple

2 1/2 months

No. She's defective. Since I am new to BJD's, I don't know how to fix her knees. And I will now be learning how to and learning to do her faceup! I guess that is good...have to look at the silver lining I suppose, but was not worth what I paid due to these reasons. I know I'll love her, but it's just getting her all fixed up, which after what I spent, I didn't think I'd be doing my own custom work!

NO! They said the makeup in the picture was "default". Being from the US, I know "default" as "this is what you will get if you don't select otherwise" , as in the "Premium" makeup package which was extra. I did look at that, but it was more $$ and wanted me to choose eyebrow shape, color, lips, etc. Since she's my first, I just wanted the "default" look. They really should say that makeup will NOT be included unless you select makeup service. They said "default" was as shown in picture....which is what I thought I was getting! Not a naked face! wahhhh!

No...not yet. But I will be when I fix her up.

No, in fact they were rude. One reason I am so frusterated w/ them. They would not do anything for me. Did not even offer to replace the knees for a fee! They did say I could send her face plate back and they'd charge me for makeup & shipping (which I would normally do) but I don't trust them now due to their poor ethics on the knee situation. I'm quite sad. -* My husband & I own a manufacturing company and do a great deal of business w/ several different Chinese companies, none of which have ever been like this! Nor could I fathom them conducting business w/ such low standards. I say this only so those reading would not interpret my frustration as a nationality conflict, I would think this regardless of Lati's location!

Never. I would rather pay hundreds more with a company that would have better customer service. There are so many beautiful dolls out there! I just can't fathom selling a faulty product for so much and not replacing it. I understand time lines in replacements, but ELEVEN days is crazy. Or if it is eleven days, they should have emailed all their clients who bought the faulty items and told us we had to fill these forms out by XX date or we couldn't have replacements. They only produce a certain quantity and had my email for billing and order information, as I'm sure they did w/ all other clientele. They were avoiding having to pay out too much money in replacements.

Hmm.... If the person I bought from had good ratings/reputation or I knew them personally, maybe. It's not the dolls that I don't like, its the way Lati conducts business. I would never purchase items that would directly profit Latidoll again.

4. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Basic Coco NS with Premium Make-up

* When did you order?
      11 July 2010

I used the Q&A board so communication was fairly simple. I wish Lati could be quicker with their replies, but so far, using the board has worked well for me. Lati is always polite and on the whole, communication was more or less pleasant.

Paying was probably the easiest thing; one paypal invoice and everything's good.

2 weeks. This is amazing by any standard, I think I lucked out. Not very typical for Lati though.

The quality of my coco doll was awesome. Lati dolls are just pure magic. However, the premium make-up left much to be desired. Lati totally ignored my request and gave me a random face-up which was lovely, but completely not what I wanted.

$180 for a basic lati yellow is totally reasonable, and a price that I would pay gladly any day. $50 for the premium make-up is not worth it, imho, and I would much rather pay for the default face-up. Most default face-ups turn out beautifully. Or else, buy a blank doll and commission a face-up.

Yes for the doll, No for the premium face-up service.

Yes for the doll, No for the premium face-up service.

I wrote back to Lati and they offered to redo the face-up for free. They also covered shipping both ways.

They completed her face-up within 3 weeks [1 week was their summer holidays]. However, I sent the whole doll back to Lati because I had problems removing her head. I had informed the company about this, but they must have forgotten because they only sent her head back! Eventually, they did send the body back and that took around another week.

The face-up was a lot better than the first. But I still would never go for the premium make-up again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Yes. Their dolls are worth all of the pain, frustration and wait.

It really depends; but I tend to find the company's prices a lot more affordable than second-hand ones.. probably because you'd get to bypass all the frustrations.

5. Whatever you do make sure to get a - We confirmed your payment! - email

* What did you order? April29th
      * When did you order? Pirate Lea-fullset, an extra renewal body and a wig
      * How was the communication? Difficult
      * How easy was it to pay? Very
      * How long did it take to ship? Still not here yet, in fact they say they cannot find my order even though I have a paypal receipt and have been writing them since June
      * Would you order from this company again? I do have another open order that has been confirmed and am waiting shipping on that order as well.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

Update - Item received Jan 19th, Order incomplete missing wig, outfit and the extra body ( about half my order) They say they will ship next week? Its been almost 1 month now.

6. * What did you order? Pury lati white sp. body
      * When did you order? September 22th
      * How was the communication? Very, very difficult. To be honest almost no communication.
      * How easy was it to pay? PayPal. Very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Still "preparing items" - 91st business day of waiting after confirming payment (104 business days, still nothing). Finally arrived after 135 working days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, or even better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? They did'n send me the wig I've orderd. I complained.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I'm waiting...
      * Would you order from this company again? never
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes

7. THANK YOU!!! This post is amazing! Thanks so much <3
      When I get my first Latidoll I'm posting on here, promise!

8. * What did you order? Lati Yellow white Lea
      * When did you order? 2010
      * How was the communication? I did not have a need to communicate after the sale &#8211; everything went smoothly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, by credit card.
      * How long did it take to ship? It did take a while. Three months or so, from time of order to receiving doll. But I've been a collector long enough to know that dolls often take a long, long time to arrive. Three months, or even more, is acceptable in my opinion, since the items are carefully made.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, my Lea is gorgeous just like the company photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely!
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely!
      Absolutely! LOVE Lati. <3

9. * What did you order? Lati white sp. Laches (+wig+outfit) and Pury white sp. outfit.
      * When did you order? Paid 18-Sep-10, payment confirmed 24-Sep-10 (they had holidays).
      * How was the communication? Awful - they lie as easily as breathe. I got 4 false promises in mail (ship in this month; next week; next week; this week) and 3 lies in Q/A board (ship next week).
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy - Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4.5 months - 'order shipped' notice received on 07-Feb-11. That's roughly 90 business days instead of 30-35 promised on site.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I'm not sure yet, I suppose anger which accumulated during wait period wouldn't let me to judge calmly :sweat
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Close, but Lati photographer is certainly a pro at choosing right angle and right lighting...
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Now that I fixed his misplaced eye - I think I'm satisfied with the boy. Part of Pury outfit was missing - the essential one, wings and pendant - now resolved.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't reply to mail, but did reply on QA board (in 4 days), promised to ship next week, and actually honored their promise.
      * Would you order from this company again? No way in hell. I'm not a masochist :roll: to endure this lying again.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Perhaps, if they are in good condition.

• What did you order?
        2010 HK Vampires: Open-eyed Tan Lea (with wig and option glove parts), Open-eyed tan Miel (with option glove parts), tan Mystic Miel
        3 Yellow gift bags
        An extra wig
      • When did you order?
        July 7, 2010
      • How was the communication?
        I received confirmation emails. My questions were always answered, although it sometimes took several days and their replies were often empty promises.
      • How easy was it to pay?
        Relatively easy. I paid through Paypal. I wanted to add an extra bag and wig onto my original order, but their shopping cart often grossly overcharges for combining shipping, so I had to email them and ask them to invoice me.
      • How long did it take to ship?
        My dolls shipped in the final days of December, so approximately six months.
      • Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
        For me personally, no. I received a broken doll, and that is most definitely NOT worth the price. The other items are nice, but I am very upset about the broken doll, obviously.
      • Did the item look like the sales pictures?
        For the most part, taking in to account the differences that come with hand-painting.
      • Were you satisfied with the product?
        No. As I said before, one of my dolls (Mystic Miel) was sent to me broken. The worst part is Lati knew he was broken and chose to send him to me anyway. They sent replacement wrists in the package with him (this is how I know they were aware he is defective), but the replacements are ALSO defective. Plus, they forced his hands onto the broken wrists, thereby breaking his hands as well (for which they did not send replacements).
        Also, the gift bags were all identical, which was quite a disappointment as well. (But I understand that this is a risk you take with gift bags, so I do not hold this against Lati as a company.)
      • If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
        They haven't! It has been three months and I have yet to receive any replacement parts. I've gotten plenty of empty promises and excuses from Lati, but no replacements. My doll is still broken.
      • Would you order from this company again?
        NO. They have completely lost my trust at this point. Knowing a doll is broken and sending it to the customer anyway is bad enough. But now I am waiting on replacement parts from them that, in all honesty, may never come. I have essentially thrown $400 down the drain as I cannot enjoy this doll, nor can I sell him. I consider myself scammed.
      • Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
        I would consider it, because I know that I would not be getting a broken item. However, this whole experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I simply do not know how much interest I have for Lati's dolls anymore.

UPDATE: 4/15/11: Received a tracking number for my replacement parts, finally!

• What did you order?
        Lati Yellow Lami basic, with default faceup and a wig
      • When did you order?
        September 13, 2010
      • How was the communication?
        Lati did not directly answer my questions about shipping. I asked if the wig or faceup was holding up my order, but they never addressed this in their replies. They ALWAYS replied "We will ship your items in the next week." though that was never the case.
      • How easy was it to pay?
        It was very easy. I paid through Paypal.
      • How long did it take to ship?
        My order shipped on March 8, 2011, so about six months. Way too long for a basic doll in my opinion.
      • Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
        Definitely. My doll was perfect.
      • Did the item look like the sales pictures?
        I think the basic default faceup may have changed a tiny bit, but it was extremely similar and beautiful. (The tiny differences were probably because of a different artist painting the faceup, and that's fine. The pictures on the website were taken a few years ago.)
      • Were you satisfied with the product?
        Yes, 100%.
      • Would you order from this company again?
        Due to the current delay and quality problems, I won't order from them again until they get their act together. While my doll was perfect, I know many others have received broken or damaged dolls. I don't want to spend six months waiting to see if I have a good doll or not. Also, Lati really needs to change something so they don't get overwhelmed with orders again.
      • Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
        Yes. I have already purchased some Lati clothes, shoes and eyes second hand and the quality is great.

10. * What did you order? 5 Latidoll Yellow Vampires with face-ups and Mystic Heads
      * When did you order? 10 Juoly 2011
      * How was the communication? nonexistant, no shipping notice or anything
      * How easy was it to pay? they took the funds instantly
      * How long did it take to ship? 9 months. Order received 4 April 2011
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? NO
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? NO, absolutely not!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They have not at this time.
      * Would you order from this company again? NO< NO< NO, never again
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? perhaps

I can feel myself all tense and ticked off. I have written to the Q&A board, but since I haven't a clue if I did it correctly.... I feel zippo relief. In July 2010, I placed an order. It was a good size order. I waited. I did not nag. The one thing that I have learned with BJD is that one must wait and wait some more. The box arrived yesterday. After doing 4th grade homework, taking care of the 8 pets, cooking dinner, emailing doll groups, and working on a competition entry due on the 8th, I sat down and opened 1 box. Darling. I opened the fashion and dressed the doll. Cute. My bobbin ran out, it was 11:30 at night, I went to bed. On Tuesday, after homework, taking care of the animals, cooking and eating dinner, daughter and I opened box #2, a mystic head?!! oh yeah, MYSTIC HEADS.. wait a minute, where was the Mystic Head of the other cutie I opened yesterday? Oh darn... What?? The kid and I opened up box #3, fashion was mssing, Box #4, fashion was missing, and Box #5 ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? No doll, no mystic head.... HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am madder than a ticked off white face hornet, yes, I am!! Never have I ever run into this ever, nope!! Losing my mind!! AnnMarie

UPDATE:

I placed an order with Latidoll, July 2010. I received the stuff on Monday (April 4, 2011). I discovered that it is missing the doll body, 3 doll heads, 2 fashions, and a certificate. The company has a Q & A Board that I have never used before. I have emailed them 3 times, 2 through their board and 1 through a different system. I did receive a response and they say that according to their records, it would be 2 outfits only.... Oh my.... I am beside myself....

11. What did you order?
      I ordered Bloody Moon Vampires: Mystic Tan Lea, Mystic Tan Miel, NS oe Lea, NS Mystic Lea plus accessories.
      When did you order?
      June 22nd & June 24th, 2010 (combined orders)
      How was the communication?
      Lati always answered my q/a but with the same "they will ship within, in next week" excuses. It was only when I started to ask for points as refund of my orders that they shipped.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy using Paypal
      How long did it take to ship?
      I received both orders on April 9th, 2011
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      All dolls in my orders came in excellent condition with beautiful faceups & they are well worth the price.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes they all do.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes I am 100% satisfied with everything.
      Would you order from this company again?
      I will be ordering a basic doll from Lati this ordering period to see if they do ship her in 30 days as they said they would. I have a lot of points to use so the cost will be low.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, I have already purchased a Lati doll 2nd hand & she is beautiful.

12. *I hope this belongs here since I ordered in 2010. I just found this thread now, that's why the late feedback.*

What did you order?
      Blue Cara with premium face-up.

When did you order?
      October 30, 2010.

How was the communication?
      After a few months of waiting I started asking when they would ship (through Q&A board) and never got a direct answer.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      7 months. I received her in April 2011.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      She could have been better. They included extra feet (high heeled) but strung one normal foot and one heeled foot on to ship her. She has obvious seams and is no where near as smooth as my Asleep Eidolon. For such a long wait time I would have expected for her to be better quality as far as seams go, at least. Her face-up is gorgeous though.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I wasn't sure exactly how her face-up would look since it was premium, but it is lovely and she looks like the pictures they have for hands and face mold.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, even though she could have been better quality, I love her. However, I am NOT satisfied with how Lati handled the whole thing. Such a long wait for a basic doll, and with flaws.

Would you order from this company again?
      As of now, no. I would rather wait to see if they stick to their promise of 30 day shipping in the future. Right now, my sister ordered a basic doll in June and they STILL haven't confirmed her order yet. Seems like a way to get around their promises if you ask me, since it's 30 day shipping after confirming order. :(

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, I would. They are beautiful dolls, Lati's communication/wait times are just insane.