1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LoongSoul Doll Feedback (2010)

Sep 1, 2010

1. Didn't find a thread for these guys. It's about time someone started one.

LoongSoul Doll (2010)
      * What did you order?
      LoongSoul Emily, white skin, E-bust, blank

* When did you order?
      Pre-ordered on June 29, 2010 from LoongSoul's dealer, Mint on Card (MoC Feedback)

* How was the communication?
      n/a

* How easy was it to pay?
      n/a

* How long did it take to ship?
      She was shipped out almost two months to the day of the MoC placing the pre-order. There was a small mix-up, and the order wasn't sent out right when they informed MoC that it had, but everything was quickly taken care of.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Definitely. The doll herself is beautiful, the resin is smooth and she has absolutely no seam lines. It's a small touch that I greatly appreciate.

She was very loosely strung when she arrived. After tightening the elastic she holds poses much better, though her head still seems to have a tendency to slide around on her neck some. The body-line is absolutely gorgeous. The knee and elbow joint's action is very smooth and the range of motion is stellar. The lower hip joints are interesting to play with. The only thing I miss is having a swivel joint in the thigh.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      n/a

* Would you order from this company again?
      Most definitely.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If the doll was well cared for.

2. LoongSoul Doll (2010)
      * What did you order?
      LoongSoul Emily, Normal Pink skin, B2-bust, B-type Face-up

* When did you order?
      Pre-ordered on June 17, 2010 from LoongSoul's dealer, Mint on Card (MoC Feedback)

My communication was with MoC not directly with LoongSoul.

n/a - went through dealer

* How long did it take to ship?
      I was actually told she had shipped but there was a mix-up at LoongSoul and 2 weeks later I recieved a message from MoC saying she was still with LoongSoul! However they shipped the next day to the dealer and only a couple of days later MoC had her to send to me. Only took a week or so after that.

The mould of the face and the engineering of the body are very good, she came sanded as well. However, they use 'double sided sticky tape' for the cheap lashes and not only does it not properly hold the lashes but threatened to gunk up any eyes I wanted to use. I had to remove it. As well, 2 days after owning her, the MSC on her face started to flake off very badly. I think a blank doll is a great deal but the face-up issues are super disappointing. On a side note, her s-hooks in her feet slip out REALLY easy and it's really hard to take her feet off or put them on. I hate their system very much.

She looks just like the picture, her promo shots do a great job representing the mould.

I was originally satisfied after I got over my irritation about the ugly and poorly attached eyelashes but the MSC issue is ridiculous.

LoongSoul told me to get some MSC and try respraying or take her to a face-up artist. In other words, they took no responsibility for their faulty work.

If the MSC issue hadn't happend I would have. However, I don't think I'll buy from them again. In fact I'm probably going to sell this doll now as well. It's extremely disappointing.

Maybe but feeling alot more doubtful now. A companies reputation and how they respond to issues is important to me so things like this make me want to avoid their products.

3. * What did you order?
      LoongSoul 1/3 boy body, Normal Yellow Skin, ‘s-hook’ hands

* When did you order?
      January 19, 2011

N/A – Body was purchased via Loongsoul’s US Distributor, Mint on Card. They were wonderful to deal with and extremely communicative.

N/A – Paid to distributor, Mint on Card (again, great to deal with and very easy to pay using registration to their site and my credit card)

How long did it take to ship?
      Order placed on January 19th. Mint on Card already had the body in stock and it shipped the next day, Thursday, January 20th. It arrived on Monday January 24th. 3 working days altogether.

Yes. The doll is nicely made. The parts fit together well and are easy to move without being loose-jointed. There are no seem lines. The finish is smooth. Coloring is good and even-toned. The sculpting on the body is very nice.

The body was strung tightly enough to ship. It was not floppy when I took it out of the box. It could stand and hold a pose on it’s own. It seems stable and well-balanced.

It needed no additional stringing to allow for the attachment of the head (Luts El, Type 1) and no extra tightening was needed.

The neck piece is a closed circle, not the open type that Luts uses.

The hands and feet did not have s-hooks. They actually have metal clips that hold the string in one small circular channel on one end and clip onto o-rings sunk into the hands and feet on the other end. It took me a minute to figure out how to slip the string out and that the clips must attach to the o-rings from above, not underneath. One of the clips almost got stuck down inside an arm when the string slipped from my fingers. I have replaced the hands with Luts hands with s-hooks, but couldn’t do the same with the feet due to the size difference. I will eventually replace the foot clips with s-hooks.

The joint action is good. There are ridges in the underside of the arm that fit into the armpit and in the back of the knees, too. The ridges help lock and hold the position of the arms and lower legs very well.

The range of motion is good. The arms can reach behind the head and body and can also bend up close enough to the body so that the hands can touch the face, head, chest, etc.

There are three different body joints – the lower hip, the waist, and the chest. Individually and in combination they allow for a varietly of sitting poses and for the knees to be bent up. The only down side to the knee and elbow joints is that when bent they are very angular and sharp, not rounded.

There is no swivel joint in the hip. If I want the doll turned to the side, I turn the chest joint so the rotation is above the waist.

Yes.

Yes, except for the metal clips in the ankles and wrists and the angular lines on the elbow and knee joints when in the bent position.

N/A

Yes.

Depending on the condition of item, yes.