1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf El - what does he come with?

May 20, 2006

1. I'm considering getting an El after falling in love with Lady Leonardo's Key Akino on Gaia. However I'm a little confused as to what he comes with so have a few questions.
      1. It says the wig make-up and clothes from the pic isn't included so does that mean I don't get a wig at all with him?
      2. How long do they take to arrive? DOD takes about 6 weeks now but on LUTs is says he ships in 20-30 days.
      3. I've only bought from DOD before and wanted to know if LUTs still sand the seams on the body still or have they stopped too?
      4. What is the make-up like? On DOD they have different colours but LUTs seem to have just one option. Can someone show me the original makeup that comes with him.
      5. How long does it take for them to restock the wigs? I want to get him the silver kitty wig but it's out of stock but for how long?

And just a random question, but why are they called CP Els when on the site they're Delf Els? Always wondered that.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ah, El - I love that mold - El Elf was my first bjd!

Luts do not include a wig - it's the doll, your skin choice, and eyes. The eyes used to be glass and you could request a colour, but my Yder Elf came with acrylic eyes, so that might have changed. The face-up is extra but Luts does a great job. Their work is on the site - any photo of a Luts doll is face-upped by a Luts artist!

3. El will come bald and naked. You have to buy the wig seperately.

If you select make-up, it takes about a month to arrive and you get the default. You can request other make-up (like a different colour tone, or certain style) but it's no guarantee that they will be able to do it, even though they try their best. Luts make-up is pretty good, IMHO.

His seams will not be sanded.

No idea about the wig re-stocks... the best bet is to post a message on their forum (the QandA board) and ask. ^_^

4. I've just found the default face-up and its on the boy I fell in love with. onnawufei owns Key Akino and he has a default face-up.

I'm quite pleased about the wig, because it means I can get the kitty one for him. {When it comes back in stock.}

So LUTs are more quick on shipping than DOD? Thats good to know.

Now I'm stuck between and DOT Sha or a Delf El.
      Which would you pick?

5. That's a hard one because even though you look at pics it's really hard to tell unless you actually see them in person and hold them and see how they look, for me anyways. The dolls look different to me in person an when you finally hold you you can guage better, I know this doesn't help much :( I have a Sha and a Shiwoo (not an El but he is from CP/Luts) and I love them both!

Here is the order times at least for me:

Shiwoo from Luts all default:

Ordered: 4/21/06
      Mailed Out: 4/29/06
      Received: 5/03/06

So about 12 days.

Sha from DOD all default:

Ordered: 4/23/06
      Mailed Out: 05/09/06
      Received: 05/09/06

About 16 days.

Hope this helps and Good luck! you will love either one I'm sure!

6. because CP makes them, and Delf is the name they give their dolls..so you can use both, and for some reason(sounds better, perhaps?)most people say CP. It's like you can say both 'Volks Cecile' or 'SD13 Cecile' both are right, ones just the company's name and the others the name the company wants to give their doll..

good luck with your choice ^^ Both El and Sha are gorgeous..

7. 1. It says the wig make-up and clothes from the pic isn't included so does that mean I don't get a wig at all with him?
      2. How long do they take to arrive? DOD takes about 6 weeks now but on LUTs is says he ships in 20-30 days.
      3. I've only bought from DOD before and wanted to know if LUTs still sand the seams on the body still or have they stopped too?
      4. What is the make-up like? On DOD they have different colours but LUTs seem to have just one option. Can someone show me the original makeup that comes with him.
      5. How long does it take for them to restock the wigs? I want to get him the silver kitty wig but it's out of stock but for how long?

1. You gotta buy a wig with him. Makeup is also extra.
      2. My El, Mike, was in my hands in three weeks after I ordered him with a faceup. My Shiwoo took a month.
      3.Luts has never sanded seams. At least they didn't in June 2005 when Mike was ordered and Dec 2005 when King was ordered.
      4: You can request different colors but you may not get what you want. Mike has default, with black lashes.
      5:Restock is pretty often. ^^

8. Hm...I had to make that decision too...but I went with Sha XD The only reason my boy took a long time to get to me was because Canadian Customs held him for over two weeks :(

I thought Luts had a special deal going on right now that if you spent over a certain amount you got a free wig...mind the wig might not be what you want...I have no idea so...yeah.

Overall El would probably be easier to get clothes for, but I really do like my DoT Sha... (I've for some reason become fascinated with his belly button...it's so cute!) But El was the doll that really take a second look at BJDs, though Sha was the one who pushed me into finally getting one.

I've never held a Delf before so I can't really compare but I really love my Sha. the seams are barely noticible in some places and well nigh invisible over most his body. You might want to ask someone with an El for some pictures so you can get a better idea of what he might look like/feel like in hand

The Sha I received was almost spot on with the Sha I was expecting:

Day Time pic
      [​IMG]

Close up indoor evening pic flash + no flash...
      [​IMG]

9. Aww he's so lovely! I think I might have to get him first after all and save again for El.

10. LOL- can I play Devil's Advocate and tempt you with an El?

[​IMG]

Neither doll is limited, so whichever you go for first, the other will not be dissapearing any time soon! ^_^ If one *was* limited, I would recommend you get that one first.

11. Ah you have the collar I was going to get for him. ^^
      Squee! *Ish tempted* I think I might have to get him first. ><
      *Goes to work out how qickly I can save for another.*
      Maybe I should keep saving and get both together.

12. my wait time wasn't that bad (see sig) as for the make-up - mine is default but I had asked for light colored lips when I ordered - I think he is gorgeous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. He's so beautiful! I tried to get my mum to help me pick but she can't chose either. ><
      I've got two weeks to decide before I have enough. Though I'm stuck between them about equal.

14. Try this- toss a coin, and pick the winner. If you feel dissapointed with the result, you should choose the other!

Thats what I did! ^_- Then I saved up for the loser, and ordered him a few days ago!

15. nothing beats an El! lol! i couldn't hold back the urge for one-this is Zane, he has a default face up
      [​IMG]
      and here he is in a kitty wig i made
      [​IMG]

16. Damn you people and flaunting your El's in my face! I already want one bad enough XD

As to the wig restock - It used to be "2 weeks". Even if they were restocking the next day, they'd *always* say to check in two weeks >_< So really, your best bet is just to check constantly <.<

If you really, truly like both dolls equally, then personally I'd say go for El if you can't wait that long. I mean, if you're going to get Sha soon anyway, then you might as well have a doll to keep you company while you save for him ^^

17. Aww what a cute wig!
      My dads going to buy me the LUTs kitty wig for which ever boy I get.
      Seems a large part of my problem is soon to be solved. My grandma is giving me &#163;100 next week which is about $185 so which ever boy I don't buy I'll be able to get soon after anyway.
      By the 10th of next month I would have saved &#163;549 when I need &#163;734 to buy both boys.
      Seems like tossing a coin is going to be the best way.

18. I have two Els, so I'm so very biased but he's a lovely mold--

[​IMG]

Some added info:

1. I didn't get a wig with my boys. I had to buy them seperately. ^^
      2. Both of my boys had faceups. Airisu took about a month (three weeks at LUTS and a week to be shipped). But Aitarou was done in about two weeks, so I got him on week three.
      3. Both of my boys have seams but they're not all too noticeable. I sanded Airisu but I have yet to do Aitarou.
      4. I asked for default makeup on Airisu but with Aitarou, I asked if they could do a darker version of the El-Special makeup and they did. As far as I know, they're good with custom makeup orders, unless they're in a rush or the order is too complicated but I know they try their best.
      5. They restock wigs every day/every few days. When the one I wanted wasn't in stock, I bookmarked the page and continue to check often until it was. You can also do as others suggest and write LUTS a FAQ on the LUTS board.

19. You have no idea how squeely this makes me feel. *L*

*waves*

(I'm Lady Leonardo.)