1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. Clothing question, does Dream of Doll male or female D.O.T. sized clothing ever fit Delfs?

2. I was looking at the gallery and I saw a few Delfs I really liked but couldnt find on the website, it is always marked as sold out even on the website it is not limited

I really like Chiwoo and El but I do not want to buy secondhand, I have my reasons and as a newbie, people will not be lenient to me because my dolls do not have certificate as they are lenient toward an older member even if they do not have certificate. Just seems like a can of worms I want to not bother with :barf

I see Bliss and Abadon are good substitutes and I might get them but I want to ask why El and Chiwoo and friends are not rereleased? I googled and there is demand, and something about CP having copyright but they work with FL now, so why they dont release it as FL dolls?

3. Very simplified. CP split from luts and became fairyland basically. Fairyland has released el in Feeple size, but not in a while and never Chiwoo Feeple. They've released them in other sizes. Really the only way to get them is secondhand and they were made before most dolls came with coas, so wouldn't have one. The only way to get one new would be to join in all the people asking Fairyland to release them. They don't want to release them unless there is a significant interest. So telling them you are interested is the only hope

#343 whooganana, Jul 9, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    4. So, does anyone have Isabella? I'd love to see owner pictures! I did a bad faceup, and wiped it on mine and could really use inspiration?? Please?? :D

5. @whooganana

thank you for the time to write the explanation for me to understand

I will probably message them and think of a way to show that there is, if there is, any demand and hopefully we can see new els and chiwoos for adoption lol, but later when FL isnt in over their heads with the demand for their products

I really like the rejuvination in the 65 sculpts its subtle but strong, Abadon looks even more amazing. I wonder if we will see him as a vampire release like the model delf version for halloween this year and I think the new Jean looks like Soo Dark Elf but modern

6. I hate feeling like such a newbie with Luts dolls but it's okay to occasionally touch the dolls made up part of their face right? X_x I was trying a wig on Nina earlier and it slipped and my fingers landed on the lower part of her face when I grabbed for the wig. 9_9 don't want to damage her faceup

Does Luts ever restock anything that's listed as Sold Out? I was just browsing the clothing and noticed the White versions of Claus and Nina's clothing are both listed as Sold Out as is Claus' original one which I got when I got the dolls. x_x was hoping to get the white ones in the future though.

Btw.... who else has seen the Vindoll announcement? I'm a bit concerned about the whole Soft Vinyl material factor. Is that going to be the new method?

#346 WinterSong, Jul 11, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018
    7. Sometimes. Your best bet would be to contact LUTS on their message board asking about the specific outfit.
      I've seen some of their outfits come and go, and then come back again briefly.
      The most common reason for outfits to get discontinued is that they cannot get the fabric/materials. So restocking can sometimes take a longtime.

8. @Yumeiro Yep I just heard from them earlier. They were confused why it was showing Sold Out on my end when they'd apparently already restocked it. o_o;;

It is ok to briefly handle the dolls faces though right? >_< Freaked out when my hand slipped on Nina yesterday

9. @WinterSong, it's mostly skin oils you don't want building up on the faceup, scratches or rubbing off of the faceup. If it gets dirty, you can lightly wash it, but the more you touch, the more you clean, etc... The more ware an tare. Being too afraid to touch pose change wigs, etc... ruins the fun of playing though! Even gloves can do more rubbing in my opinion than clean hands, so there is only one way to really protect your doll, and that is to wrap it back up, put it in it's shipping box, never let it see the light of day and keep it in a dark cool place...... or try to be careful and play. If her faceup wears off in 8 years, send her to the spa for a new one! :)

10. @IngieBee XD Lol ok I see what you mean. Only just barely got the underside of her face the once and freaked out cause I didn't know how Luts sets the faceup on them o_o;; Careful play is always better than no play :-D I know with some of my DOD dolls I'm going to have to find someone to touch them up at some point since the company seems to be totally gone for years now.

11. And everyone needs a change once in a while :D Still, if you have a good picture, there are some artist who will try to recreate what you had.

Anyway, I'd still love to see some Isabella spam, I need to try painting mine but need inspiration :D I don't like the factory faceup!

12. I've had a long period of time where I've been more interested in more realistic looking dolls. But I'm getting back to my stylized dolls now and would love to get a couple more of them. Getting a Delf boy have been a part of my future plans for a couple of years. But choosing the right face sculpt have been really difficult. I've been wanting William, Dan, Terra twins, Spica, Regen, Jun ha and now Regen again. Regen though he does stand out from all of the other sculpts that I've been interested in. Allthough with the years I've changed my mind about which face sculpt I want, Regen is a sculpt that I keep coming back to. His face is a bit round but not so round that he looks baby-faced. he also have eyes that show a bit of attitude, and I absolutely love that chin!

I'm thinking about getting him in Real Skin Tan. I have Luts dolls in every resin color but white skin and Real Skin Tan. I'd like to get him on the Delf body but am a little bit unsure if he'd look good on it. For smaller boy body types I tend to go for a more cuter feminine boy face. But I have a feeling that maybe a Senior Delf body would look better with this face sculpt.

Does anybody have a Regen head they can try on a Delf boy body? I'm unsure what body type I should go for :sweat

#352 manabusama, Jul 14, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    13. Does anyone have a Nina and arwen they could show together? Bonus if they are brown skin.

14. @manabusama I really love Regen too, i hope you can get one! I unfortunately don't have one :( Nor a Nina or Arwen, @whooganana :( But hope people pop up with some lovely spam :D

15. That's ok. I'll ask later on the senior and Super Senior Delf discussion thread. If nobody can help I'll probably just go for a Delf Regen. It'll be pretty cool with a small guy filled with attitude :) I want him with the darkest skin tone because I want his colorful hair styles and eyes to really show. I like the idea of a character who reminds of a dark skinned anime character with either white, platinum blonde, ice blue or light blue hair. Kind of like this, but with a style that I like. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/3d/09/363d090989931ee728da2c562fdc755f.jpg

16. Just to let you know, LUTS have plans to update the boy Delf body. But it has been a while since that announcement now... So who knows when that will actually happen.
      But the size will probably be the same, just a different aesthetic/joints, probably, if that is a concern.

17. I think I remember reading something about that somewhere a while ago. But since it's been so long since, I started wondering whether or not we'd get an updated body. I would actually prefer the updated body if it means it'll be more similar to the MDF type 2 body. I do like the old body for nostalgic reasons but at the same time it's a little bit too boy like for the character I have in mind. I've waited so long with getting a Delf boy that I'm starting to feel quite impatient. But if I had the money now It'd be real hard to keep myself from hitting the buy button :sweat I sure hope the updated body will be released soon because I don't want to wait much longer...

18. Oh, I think that'd look really cool :D

19. I gotta say I really do love the new female body (Type 5) Only thing is, the design doesn't allow you to spread the legs (like for cross legged sit) without pulling out of the joint, but that can be hidden with angle and I like bigger butts, LOL, but then if all my dolls had the same big butt, it gets monotonous. I hope they upgrade the boys too :D She is super solid, great at just about everything!

20. What's the safest way to clean the dolls? My Nina seems to have somehow gotten dust or dirt or something on her chest and I tried just blowing it off, didn't work. Brushing it lightly with fingertips didn't work. She's brown skin so I wasn't sure if Magic Eraser was safe to use or not cause I didn't want to damage her skin tone. What's the safest cleaning options?