1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. @WinterSong

I use the mister clean sponge, wet it and then clean it in circle motions

I use the corner of the sponge because it is the smallest and also the sharpest so I can choose what I want to erase

I use it on my dark tan doll and it didnt make the tan lighter :3nodding:

2. @WinterSong aside from the painted parts, clothes and wig, you almost can't hurt them without really trying! LOL. taking a hammer to them would work pretty easily though :D Anyways... dish washing liquid, a magic eraser or else just a wash cloth would probably do the trick :D

3. @GreenTeaSlug :danceAwesome thank you so much! That's the Eraser sponge I have at the moment.

@IngieBee :lol: :abow: Omg lol I so needed that today. Sneaky lil thing somehow got it on her inside her shirt and I'm like hooow did that happen. I did notice her chest resin is somehow like super textured or something rather than smooth like on some of my other dolls. Although speaking of clothes o_O hopefully not for a lonnnnng while yet but how on earth would I clean her default outfit?

4. Oh gosh, on an outfit, you will have to do research. Figure out the materials & what the dirt is. And if it's something special, maybe spot clean?? Don't know if you would like this suggestion, but if you have a special outfit, you may want to switch it out for "every day wear", maybe home made of cotton, that can be washed, etc... Of course if you meticulously display your dolls, that won't work.... But it's an idea if you like to play with them :D

5. XD it hasn't happened yet luckily (least as far as I know since it's all dark materials and whatnot. Been working on making her a new outfit that is a bit more handling friendly. If it did ever come down to it as far as I know the outfit is washable friendly of some sort but after all the fabrics I've handled in the past it definitely would have to be air dried >_> a dryer would wreck it.

Is it normal for the resin to sometimes be somewhat roughly textured though? I've only had Dream of Doll dolls before Nina and Claus so wasn't sure what all the differences are. My DOD ones are totally smooth

6. Some of My Elfdolls were. Some people like it best because it was less shiny too. But most companies do smooth because it allows them to do more with the seam lines without effecting the look. My Isabelle is normal/smooth though (got her within the year) Now, your girl is brown skin, so it may be special, especially since they wouldn't try to do anything with the seam lines knowing how darker colors tend to marble ??

7. My two newer luts dolls (one brown and one ns) are both a bit more rough that most of my dolls. Not rough really but not as shiny smooth as my dolls from other companies. More of a matte finish. I actually really like that aspect of them personally. I think that is pretty normal for Luts as far as I am aware.

8. Hopefully this is the right thread; did everyone see Ann yet? :love I am so happy I did not drop on MSD Julia because I have a few clicks away from ordering Ann. Her pouty face reminds me of what I love in the Feeple Carol, but cheaper lol! Limited editions also get me super excited.

9. She does have gorgeous lips, and an adorable chin :D If I may be an instigator, get the new body if you can, I love it! But not if you hate those non-ball type hips where the legs go in. She will spread her legs for standing and most things fine, just won't do the splits prettily. I still got her to sit cross legged no prob. You can see my review here: https://denofangels.com/threads/i-love-the-new-luts-delf-girl-body.763425/ I love that body, seriously, it's so easy to pose and isn't kicky (or else they strung it perfectly or something?)

10. Yes, the only options are 5 and 6, so I ordered her with 5! You just double sold me with "isn't kicky" and "easy to pose" though because I am over my Minifees right now and want to see what bigger dolls feel like. :mwahaha

#370 Moorish, Aug 13, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    11. LOL, Oh gosh, I sure hope you have the same experience as I did! Now I feel responsible, LOL :D But what the heck, I appreciate all the info I can get when buying a doll. In fact other DoAers helped me make an excellent decision going with an older body and although I don't have the other body to compare it with, I absolutely love the one that was suggested so I sure appreciate the info :D

12. Hello everyone! I'm interessed to buy my First BJD Luts Delf Ju hee or/and maybe Delf Ju Ha, but Today i looked on some other Delf Dolls from Luts and saw that other Dolls ( Delf Yeon as example) have stands that the Certificate of Authenticity is included but at Ju Hee and Jun Ha profiles is nothing.
      I'm a little bit Confused.. it would be great if someone could explain me why. xD

Delf Ju Hee Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company
      Delf Jun Ha Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company
      Delf Yeon Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company
      (I already made this Post, but someone said i should ask here so i did. I hope this is not a Problem or something. The Link to my Post: https://denofangels.com/threads/lut...enticity-for-some-delfs.782832/#post-12500228 )

13. I think it's just forgotten. They should all come with a COA or Certificate of Authenticity. It's just not something the person updating the new dolls thought to include.

14. Hi everyone, I just finished my Isabelle's faceup. Her lashes aren't so great, but it's a home made faceup, and I think she turned out really cute :D

[​IMG]IMG_20180919_155636237 by ingiebee, on Flickr

15. *rolls into this older thread*

Today I am getting grumpy about Luts still not offering a chance to get Boy Heads on Girl Bodies, even in the Luts My Choice system... dammit Luts, I don't want to spend an extra $300 on another body! Just let me have Joe as a girl xD

16. @stripey_dani did you write to them to ask? Maybe the neck size just doesn't work? But it never hurts to ask?? Good luck :D

18. Right there with you on that! I need a light tan Hyun girl like whoa.... At some point I'll probably try to open up a split to make it happen since I know I adore Hyun girls (I have a CH Hyun girl from before Luts bought the sculpts on a Delf girl body) so I need the "revamped" Hyun sculpt as a girl in light tan. Like a lot.

19. Hyun was the first doll I fell in love with and is still my dream doll (as you can see in my profile pic froma very old CH Limited Hyun xD) so yes! I'd love to see a Tan one!

Hybriding is probably the way forward... Time to do some researching...

20. I feel like it could potentially work with the Delf body, especially if you went type 5 instead of type 3 for the girl body. The type 5 is a bit bigger so a larger head wouldn't look as out of place.

I could try sticking one of my Hyun's (I have two, a boy and a girl) on my type 5 body if that would help at all? My Hyun's aren't the luts release so it isn't exactly a delf boy head, but I can't imagine it's that different? Let me know if you'd like to see that and I can give it a shot and take some pictures. My Hyun girl is on a body from Luts already, the old type 1 girl body, which is basically the same as the type 3. I think it works but I actually get more upset if the head looks too small. I tend to like large headed dolls.

Oh I have a delf dreaming Shiwoo as well I could stick on... well he's a type 2 head so he has the fairyland neck connector type neck hole but I could stick him on my Lishe's body? Since she has the delf type 2 with the neck connector which is also basically the same as the type 3? His head is huge so that one might actually look a little strange but I'm really curious now. He's the "old" delf though so not one of the newer current ones. My only new delf is Ann, which isn't going to help much in this situation.