1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. @Haruhi their company Faceups are pretty lacking so they do a less than generous job of showing their true potential! I personally really like a soft and plain Faceup sometimes but when it has like barely any detailing it makes it harder for the buyer to tell just what they can get. I HAD ABSOLUTELY no idea my Yeon has such full lips until I got the custom Faceup!

2. @Haruhi I'm seconding what @keisu said. I think the default faceups are sometimes hard to see past. I also think for some people the Luts site can be overwhelming. They have SO MANY dolls available in so many sizes and if you go there just looking for an "SD" size doll and don't know the difference between Super senior, senior 65, senior, and delf it could definitely end up causing some over-stimulation for some people.

Plus, I think the Delf line in general doesn't get as much attention because the girls only recently got a double jointed body. The Type 3 body is such an old style and there have been so many advancements in body mobility in recent years that quite honestly the type 3 style is probably turning some people away (though it is aesthetically one of my favorite bodies ever and when I end up getting another delf girl she'll get the type 3 instead of the type 5).

3. I think its the photography, I feel like the light they use washes them out so much so I look at instagram photos to see the sculpt better. I lower the brightness of my screen but I feel like Im not seeing the true dolls on the website

The steampunk dolls look very cool and I like that they give them head options. I prefer the male steampunk though, the robot parts look more very bad ass and interesting

@keisu you should enter her in the Luts summer SNS event :daisy
      She looks very nice and you obviously love her because shes very well put together

4. @GreenTeaSlug Agree'd. The photography lighting is very bright so you can't even see much of the sculpt details. Like I mentioned I had 0 idea my yeon had much bigger lips until I got the custom faceup.

Also, thank you so much! I did on my instagram kohakumori. I'm hoping I place but I saw a bunch of other really beautiful photos in the instagram tag so it'll be a tight pinch for first place for sure. My plan was to get another Yeon head and have it modded for a romance eye shape so she could have a more weepy expression for pictures.

5. I definitely agree that Type 3 is old-fashioned but yaaaas! The first time I held her in my hands I was in awe at her construction. I love the more solid bodies over the recent trend towards thinner and thinner resin.

6. I'd also like to know how consistent their resin colors have been :)

I agree, when I first started with BJDs all the sites were incredibly confusing! And that was back in 2006 I think :P I do love the mobility of the new type 5 body though, yet the single jointed body was so easy to handle, you can't beat simplicity!

@keisu your Yeon might be the cutest thing I've ever seen! OMGosh, I might have to.... when I have money, LOL Geepers, comparing with the website, they're like two different dolls! And it's not like your Yeon's lips were painted deeply colored, there is just a totally different look to the sculpt in your photography!

Woh, that'd be so cool!

7. @IngieBee Thank you so much!!!!!! :chibi You should absolutely join me in the yeon squad! I love the sculpt so much I'm so glad my photography and pictures of her are helping the sculpt get the recognition she deserves. I know the sculpt is a bit older luts style but thats exactly why I love it because it's somewhere between the OLD (which i personally do not like) and the new which is something I like but most of my characters are of asian decent so its hard to get a sculpt that looks blatantly white and make it into a japanese girl imo.

8. Well, she is very anime, and you can't be more Japanese than that, LOL. I have a 2 way love affair, anime, Luts/Fairyland love, and realistic. I never was too interested in Volks although I have visited their show room a couple of times, and their dolls and clothes are absolutely exquisite. Their faces never captured my heart though :( Also, their cost has kept me from looking for sculpts I'd love, so I really can't say they don't have my dream doll, but I intend not to find out, LOL

9. Hi all! I'm considering getting a Senior Delf Juniper (very very casually considering) and want to clear up a point of confusion. Some people say the Type 5 body doesn't have a torso joint, but in some of the company photos it seems to. I was leaning towards that option, as it looks like the only body that has the double arm joints without the permanently pushed-together anime breasts I find off-putting. But if there's no torso joint, that might be a deal-breaker.

10. The Delf female type 5 body does have a torso joint (seen here: Delf Body GIRL Type 5(Multi Body) ), and if I am understanding the option parts page for the bodies the Senior delf female type 5 also has a torso joint but the type 6 does not (seen here: Senior Delf GIRL Type 5 Lovely, Type 6 Sweetly Body ). Though because I am not 100% certain and they include pictures of both on the product page it may be worth asking in the Senior Delf discussion thread here: Luts Senior Delf Discussion Part IV to see if anyone has the type 5 body to verify for certain. Or you could also ask on the Luts Q&A board for more assurance.

11. I ended up buying the senior delf fisted hands for type 5 and they work perfectly on Kohaku!!! She has yellowed a bit since Ive gotten her so I'm going to get the hands resin matched eventually!
      [​IMG]

12. Malvinas- thank you! That’s good to know; I’ll keep it in mind as I make my decision. (Going to a doll con later this month and want to keep my options open until then.)

Keisu- her face is so wistful, and the hands make her look even more lifelike! :D

13. She is soooooo adorable in every picture, @keisu! That's really great to know about the hands! I may have to get some for my Isabelle!

14. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like this forum doesn’t get much love anymore...? Here’s a photo of my Tokuji (Delf ARAGORN)! :blush Thinking about getting Tokuji a brother, his size. As much as I love my ARAGORN, I would love another large doll but in a different skin tone. There’s just something about large dolls that I want another one~ :aheartbea I’m leaning towards Senior65 Delf GRAY in Light Tan on the Delf body. I like that LUTS offers MyChoice, because I prefer the Delf body. I don’t know, it just looks young and beautiful to me.

[​IMG]

#434 Shougi, Aug 22, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    15. Beautiful photo and handsome boy! :blush

Wow, a light tan GRAY sounds lovely! I think you should go for it! :D

I plan on getting a SDF65 WINE on the Delf body.
      The SDF65 is sexy, but I’m also looking for a younger looking body for an older boy (larger doll). :whee:

And, I totally agree that this forum does need more love! :aheartbea

16. Ooh! WINE is gorgeous! :love I think I like the Delf Hands the most. It’s also a lot cheaper. :lol:

17. Isn’t he? :love

I agree. Their hands are more feminine or childlike, and for a body just as beautiful, they are a lot cheaper. :XD:

18. I have a question: are SSDF heads and new Delf heads the same size? I've asked before but don't remember receiving a concrete answer. I'd love to put Grit on the Delf body (not a fan of the bigger bodies Luts has available). But I haven't seen any comparisons between the Delf and Super Senior Delfs.

19. Jumping in again because I just made the first of two payments on a secondhand SDF Dahlia. She was made in 2009, but she's still on their site for sale, which makes me think the sculpt wasn't by CP? I'm not entirely sure. Either way, the first BJD I ever wanted was a Dark Elf Soo (showing my age), so getting a Luts doll feels like fulfilling that dream at last. So excited!