1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. it was this past winter event! They had a few limited color choices to choose from!

2. Yay for the Yeon squad! And that's really helpful. Thank you.
      For the winter event they had six fantasy colors (gray, mint gray, mint, lavender, pink and orange I think) that you could get any doll or parts in during the event. There were two limited elf ear dolls as well, KDF Carrot and Bory. The event ended a few days ago. Some of the other luts threads were talking about it a lot. The kid delf thread was where I heard about it. It's always possible they'll do it again though. I'm sure they made a bunch of money.

3. I had no intentions of buying any new doll heads for the next few months while I worked on some more minor things for my pre-existing dolls, but it seems fate had other plans for me; I'm super excited to be joining this discussion because I won a Delf Aragorn head from Angel Toast's Charity Raffle! He'll be getting a custom face from her and I'm super excited to be getting him home. I'm thinking about putting him on the new Doll Family A 62cm body version 5, but I'm having a hard time finding any reference pictures for how Luts normal skin looks with DF-A normal yellow skin, does anyone know? :)

4. @mythos_bjd I am so sorry, I can't help there, but Angeltoast can match resins, and she has access to a lot of resin, you should ask her :)

5. Luts is now selling 60cm girl jointed hands on their website. It looks like they are the doll legend 1/3 hands, and they are listed as in stock if anyone is interested. It looks like the white skin matches decently, but it says that it won't match perfectly. Senior Delf Jointed Hand Parts (60cm Girl)

6. Beautiful photo, she almost looks real☺️❤️

7. My lavender Yeon came in today! She's so cute! She took a few days over two months to arrive. She's a lot heavier than I expected. She's definitely heavier than my Fairyland feeple60. The lavender is very much on the gray side, but I think with purple blush she will look much purplier. I quickly opened her, checked her over, put her back in her box, put the box in a trash bag, shoved the bag in a corner, and disinfected everything. While it's highly unlikely any virus could survive shipping, I wanted to be careful. She'll be in dolly quarantine for a week just in case.
      I recorded the unboxing, but I had my fan going, and you can't hear anything I said over the noise of the fan. :'( I was planning on posting it, but I might not now. Live and learn I guess. I'm a little disappointed in myself for not waiting to open her until tomorrow so that her birthday could be leap day. I didn't think of that until after I had opened her.

8. @Cinnamon Crystal Congratulations! I'd love to see her when the dolly quarantine is over. <3 I almost ordered a lavender doll from them during that event but I was not sure about their lavender tone. I like sweet purple more than greyish purple. :sweat
      Also, it's so nice to hear the story from you. Please don't be disappointed with yourself. :)

9. I watched an unboxing video of a lavender model delf elf carrot, and she looked like a nice creamy pastel purple. I'm hoping the lights in my room were making her resin color look off. I really want to open her back up, but I'm trying to be patient. I need to do some sewing so she has something to wear. I think the only thing I have that will fit her is a Christmas outfit.

10. Belated congratulations, @Cinnamon Crystal ! I don't think the virus can travel like that, but it never hurts to be careful I guess?

11. Thank you! It is really unlikely. It's probably a one in a million chance, but I have a family friend that was really freaked out about me getting something from Korea and my immune system isn't what it used to be so I figured I'd be careful. If nothing else now I have extra time to sew something cute for her to wear.

12. Oh yes, do be careful! I guess you must be super patient! I try to be careful around my mom now too. No kiss today as I felt like I had a possible cold and she is 85 with health issues. So blowing kisses from afar has become a thing, LOL.

13. [​IMG]
      It's been a week! I brought out my ottlite lamp to take pictures with, and I think the picture shows her color accurately. In bright, direct lighting she looks a nice light purple with almost pink undertones, but in any indirect lighting she looks pretty gray. I do want to try to blush her to look a more purple so hopefully that helps. She's super cute. I was a little worried I wouldn't like her, but I think she'll suit my plans very nicely. Her left knee doesn't want to bend though. I have to pull the peanut out to get that leg to bend. I got the event wig in a previous order so I got the event head with her. In case anyone wants to see an owner photo here he is. This is the senior delf Breeze head. I hope it's okay to put two photos in one post.
      [​IMG]

14. @Cinnamon Crystal I love the color! Especially with the green hair. They compliment each other really well!

15. So pretty! Looks great with that wig too

16. Thanks for the compliments! I don't know that she'll keep that wig, but I do like the combination. She's got some giant eyes. All my 16 mm ones were too small and left gaps. I'm glad I didn't buy any eyes for her because they wouldn't have fit.

Does anyone know if all the delf heads are the same size? Luts lists both 8-9 and 9-10 wigs as fitting fitting delf and senior delf.

17. I just received my Joe last Friday, super happy. Although I did my first unboxing video, I do not think I will upload it. I will be keeping it like his secret birth video. He is not my first doll, I tried to do an unboxing video with my first one but my phone decided to NOT work at that time, and I realized that after I finished my unboxing. Can you imagine it, talking to the video thinking I am being recorded but it is just a reflection on me talking to myself :). Anyways going back to Joe which now I named him Ace, looks exactly like the official picture on their site, which I am super happy.

18. I'd love to see pictures! I tried to film the unboxing of my Yeon, and the camera only picked up the sound of the fan and not of my voice. I know how you feel.

[​IMG]
      I managed to put on my Yeon's high heel feet, and thankfully these Alice's Collection boots fit. They were such a pain to put on. They did not come laced. She can't bend her knees in them, and I have absolutely no clothing that matches the boots, but I love her in them.

I tried to switch her default hands out for another pair and I noticed the wrists have a slot to hold the s hook in place. I assume this is to make changing clothes easier, but it doesn't help at all with switching out the hands since the s hooks on the extra hands won't come out like they do on the default pair. I don't get why only the s hooks on the default hands are removable.

19. Has anyone done a full review on the Type 5 body? I am waffling on that or the original body for my next girl.