1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. It's not really a full review but I have the type 5 body and for what it's worth, I prefer the body my original CP Delf girls have. The type 5 definitely has some advantages though. It stands MUCH better. Far more sturdy. I've never had it buckle unexpectedly like my CP girls will.

However, aesthetically I prefer the old body. I feel like poses all look sort of stiff with the type 5 body. Also a lot of the clothing I had acquired for my CP girls over the years won't fit the type 5 body. The legs on the type 5 are quite a bit thicker, so any jeans I had don't work including some that had been made specifically for SD13 girls (a pair of old Mio jeans).

That's really just me though. I love being able to make her stand without a struggle, but I hate that she always looks like a robot.

2. Thanks. I have some time to mull it over, but I was already leaning towards the original style since hate peanut elbows. Maybe I will be brave and try a few mods to give a bit more mobility to her legs.

3. Well, I guess I liked the body, LOL. IT does have aflatish butt, but since I have all kinds of doll bodies, and my main goal is to avoid having my dolls look alike, I enjoy having this body. I have many bodies, and I can say none, absolutely none of them are perfect.

Anyways, here is my review :D

https://denofangels.com/threads/i-love-the-new-luts-delf-girl-body.763425/

Hummm, lots of missing pictures, I'll have to look into that :doh

4. So you have the old body as well? I'd love to see a review on it or even just pictures. Does the old body have the slot in the wrist that holds the s hook in place like the new body has?

5. Yes, the old body has a one piece hand with an s hook and single jointed knees and elbows. Also, they still have the extra shoulder piece. The new one is double jointed :)

6. I think my question was way too vague. I probably shouldn't ask questions at 2 am. The new body has a slot at the end of the lower arm so that when you pull out the hand you can rest the s hook of the hand in the slot of the arm so that when you take off the hand the elastic won't slip back into the body. It's a really nice feature. I assume it's there to make dressing the doll easier. I was curious as to whether or not the old body has this feature since my honey delf doesn't. I can take a picture if my explanation doesn't make since.

7. Oh my goodness! I didn't know the type 5 had that! I do have that feature on my April Story bodies, but had no idea Luts did that with the new body! No, the type 3 does not have that feature, I just checked :)

8. @IngieBee I noticed it by complete accident. It is very convenient, but the s hooks on the extra hands won't come off so it's only useful for changing clothes and not switching hands. I might try to pry off the s hooks on my extra hands. It would be so easy to change hands that way. I wonder if the boy dolls have it. I would assume that all their newer 1/3 bodies have it, but it since it's not advertised it's hard to say.

9. Here's a photo of my Delf ARAGORN, Hayato (new name and new look)! :blush

[​IMG]

This forum is so quiet... We need more Delf... :sorry

#489 Shougi, Apr 16, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    10. He's so cute! I love his eyes.

I don't really have any good new pictures of my delfs... I have this one though, it's not great. It's my Ju Hee, Cham. She's really hard to photograph right cause too dark you can't see her and too much light doesn't work for her aesthetic. This is just her chilling in her cabinet she likes to hide in. [​IMG]

11. Thanks! :whee: I wanted to give him unique eyes, but they may change~

And wow! Your girl is stunning! :D

Yeah~ It’s so hard to take pictures, especially the larger dolls. *_*

12. I understand the urge for change, but his eyes really are cool and they fit him well.

really is, and I have a toddler so it's harder to just break her out and photograph her without little hands trying to grab her She's a yurei ghost so her pictures usually take a lot of staging and my daughter doesn't have the patience to let me do that right now :/

13. I really liked look of the reanimated eyes from Naruto, so I decided to use ones that resembled them. Aragorn's eyes are also a little wide, so it's hard to find the right eye size that fits my liking, but these worked beautifully! So, the eyes are probably not going to change.

Dolls are so hard to ignore when you're a child~ :XD:I'm not an expert at taking photos, but I think your photo is great! She looks amazing, pose and all! :3nodding:

14. Cute!!! Love his new look!!! :whee:

Your girl is gorgeous! :D Love the ghost look!

15. I just ordered a My Choice 'Delf Boy' WINE. He's been on my wish list since he was released! I wish there were more photos of him... Oh, well~ I'll be sure to upload a bunch when I receive him! ;)

*Not sure if I should post on here or on the Senior65 Delf discussion... *_*

16. I think you can post in both without issues. :)

17. Thank you!

18. Decided to change Hayato's eyes~ I think he looks more normal this way. :sweat And I still have the other ones, in case I want to change them back (when I get bored of these :3nodding:).

[​IMG]

19. Got bored fast and changed Hayato's eyes back. :sweat There's just something about these eyes that I love~ :aheartbea

Here's a photo of Hayato and his younger brother, Manaru.:)

[​IMG]