1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

M3 Studio Feedback (2010)

Feb 28, 2010

1. M3 Studio

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. * What did you order?
      - 1/3 white short gloves
      - 1/3 white leather pants

* When did you order?
      End of January

I did not communicate directly with the company

It was in a GO, so very easy.

I received my items at the end of Feb.

Yes

I was a little concerned with the "white 1/3 pants" The sales photos make them appear to be very white indeed. But the item I received was more of a cream colour. I understand that monitors can throw colours off, but this was pretty drastic.

No. I expect to see white when I order white pants. Not cream.

Also, the 1/3 gloves I ordered did not fit my Dollmore Adam boy. The gloves would not go on the small or large adam hands; the fingers were too close together for them to fit. Also, there was a very visible blue/black circular stain on the back of the gloves. It looked like some ink had seeped right into the leather. The button snap for the glove [near the wrist] on one of the gloves came off as well. I will have to krazy glue it. I was very disappointed.

I did not contact this company regarding the differences. I am selling the items.

I would not order from them without seeing their products first hand.

Only if I saw them and tried them physically.

3. * What did you order?
      I conducted a Group Order for the opening of M3's new English website containing approximately 40 shirts, pants, and shoes. For my personal portion, I ordered three shirts and five pairs of pants, one of those pants being a custom size. (Mecha Angel)

* When did you order?
      The order was placed on April 9, 2001.

Communication via the Q&A board was spotty at best. After a while, I figured out that if I emailed them directly, I got a very prompt response. After that, communication was great.

Plain and simple via Paypal.

I finally got a tracking number on June 8, so two months. Quite a bit longer than the stated 3-20 days, though it's the general consensus that M3 got overwhelmed with orders due to their 20% off sale.

Yes, I'm quite happy with my purchases. They fit perfectly, even the custom one, and are well-made. Had to do a little lintrolling, but I can live with that.

All of mine looked perfect. One sweater from the group order was oddly colored, but that was the only anomaly.

For my portion, yes.

Two items were forgotten out of the entire order. I contacted M3 Studio who promptly shipped the missing items out.

Once they've had a chance to catch up with all of their orders and production time has settled down, then yes. I like the fact that they can sew for Mecha Angels and aren't too expensive.

Yes

4. * What did you order? YoSD clothes, SD trousers
      * When did you order? End of August
      * How was the communication? N/A (just ordered from their website)
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy
      * How long did it take to ship? ~ 1 month
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The SD trousers seem to have a bit different pattern than in the photo, but other than this, yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes; if they are in a good condition.

5. Better late then never...

* What did you order? German Army Uniform, EID size
      * When did you order? 14th June 2011
      * How was the communication? Pretty poor. Questions posted on the Q&A weren't answered promptly and, as I was getting some changes made to the uniform and getting it sent via ordinary airmail rather than EMS, there was a lot of communicating to do. I resorted to email, which was much better. But prompts were still needed to get replies at times.
      * How easy was it to pay? Once I finally got the revised total, easy with Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Not sure, as I didn't get a shipping notification. The package arrived just over two months after I placed the order, a long way off their 20 day shipping estimate, even considering it was sent by airmail.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was cheap, in BJD terms, and it was basic. Chalk lines and bits of lose thread were left on it. The lining was a bulky cotton rather than a thinner lining fabric. I would say it was not quite up to Dollmore's basic professional standard, for example. The biggest factor, however, was the fit. It didn't. It was too small. I ordered and they confirmed that it would be Superhero sized, but the jacket could only be got on with supreme effort, could only just be done up at the front and the sleeves were so tight that it is not possible for him to raise or lower his arms. They stick out at 45 degrees. It is unusable.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, given that it wasn't modelled on an EID so looks pretty different on.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? The price was excellent and the uniform is the closest I have yet seen to an authentic military uniform for a BJD. However, the ropey comms, delay in shipping and unusable fit mean that this was an unsatisfactory product.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? It had taken so long and so many emails to get this that I wrote it off to experience. I really couldn't be bothered to pursue this. Perhaps my SID can wear it.
      * Would you order from this company again? No.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? No.

6. M3 studio other shop (where I made shopping) placed at http://www.m3bjd.com/

* What did you order? A lot of clothes, shoes and other stuff in different sizes.
      * When did you order? the end of October and the end of December 2011
      * How was the communication? Poor. Sometimes M3 answered the next day after my letter, and sometimes did not respond until I wrote them again, or did not respond for about a week.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy with PP.
      * How long did it take to ship? The first order took over a month. I repeatedly wrote to M3 questions about the shipping of parcel. They promised "to send it in next week", "order have been completed", but each time passed more time than they promised.
      The second order M3 promised to send in one week, but sent in two week and only when I started writing letters to them (this was before the New Year, and I was afraid they will send my stuff only in February).
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Partly yes, partly no. Some stuff made well, but other some stuff contain stick out threads, very quickly come off buttons, and etc.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No. In the first order M3 don't put three things: Tie T-Shirt, Printed Raglan Sleeve T Shirt, Sapphire Blue Down Jacket. In the second order M3 didn't put the MacBook. Also one pair of shoes in the second order was 'sold out' after I paid for the order and waited for a while.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? M3 sent missing items from my first order by mail, I got them.
      They also promised to return the money for 'sold out' shoes. They forgot his promise and did not return my money until I recalled them. In addition, percent of the transfer M3 makes by my account (so I have not received the full amount of the missing item).
      As for the second order, M3 wrote me that they put MacBook from 2 order in the package with missing items from 1 order. They sent this package before I reported the missing MacBook.
      When I received the parcel, there were things out of the first order, but no MacBook. The parcel was very small, subjects were placed very closer in it, and the package was not damaged. So there couldn't be posted MacBook. However, when I began to write about this M3, they replied the Macbook put into this package, and if it isn't there, it's not their problem, it's the fault of customs (although I saw no one was opening the parcel before me).
      So I never received my Macbook.
      * Would you order from this company again? No, never.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, maybe.

M3 makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't fix part of them.

7. * What did you order? Black Business Suit, SD13 size
      * When did you order? Ordered Nov 23, 2012
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy - Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped Dec 27, 2012 - very good turnaround for custom made clothes
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Amazing quality for the price, fits my doll perfectly (I gave detailed sizing info)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better, actually
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied, I was even given a matching vest not included in the item description or photos.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

8. * What did you order?
      SD17 tank, pants, underwear, socks
      YOSD panties, hat, shorts, jacket
      * When did you order?
      Through a GO. Order was placed on Dec 17th.
      The GO leader did all the communicating but considering she does a GO through them every other month, I'd say they're pretty easy to deal with?
      money transfer
      There were 7 participants and around 30 items, Not sure if GO leader added to the list. Shipped on Jan 3rd. arrived at GO leader's on Jan 10th. GO leader shipped out on 16th.
      For the price they charge? Definitely!
      Yep
      Yep
      NA
      Yep. My next order will be big when my dolls arrive. This was just a feeler.
      Don't see why not if it was in good condition and cheaper.

9. * What did you order? EID jeans, tank top, shirt, bathrobe
      * When did you order? 30 September 2013
      * How was the communication? Really poor. This company does not reply to emails promptly, or just doesn't reply at all. I had numerous emails go unanswered. They do respond to Q&A sometimes. I finally had to write and say I would open a PayPal claim against them if they didn't communicate to me about my order. It was only after that, I received a prompt response from them.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. I used PayPal
      * How long did it take to ship? I finally received my order on 17 December 2013
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, more or less
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure. If the stuff is in good shape, I would buy secondhand.

10. * What did you order?
      Black Pants and Striped Silk Shirt in DOI-size

* When did you order?
      September 2014

N/A I ordered and paid on the M3 website. I received an email update when my order shipped.

Easy - PayPal

Arrived about 2 weeks after ordering.

Yes, I think so. The clothes seem well made with working buttons and pockets. There are some loose threads and the stitching on the shirt buttonholes is a bit random and the shirt buttons are a bit big for the scale - but for the price I don't mind.

The shirt is exactly like the pictures.
      The pants are shown with a silver stud fastener, mine have a black popper on the inside with no exterior fastener. I like mine better!

Very. Especially the fit. I took a risk on their sizing being accurate and it seems very good.

N/A

Yes. Already have.

No, probably not, because I prefer to buy new.

11. * What did you order?
      A suit and some pants

* When did you order?
      28th January 2015

Very poor. I emailed them in March (in Chinese to make sure there was no communication problem) to ask about the status of my order because it still wasn't marked as processing. I had a reply fairly promptly in English saying that the pants were out of stock and they would refund straight away for the pants and send the suit. I did not receive a refund or any part of the order.
      I emailed again towards the end of April asking about the status of my order again and had no reply. I then opened a PayPal dispute asking for a refund. I immediately received an automated notice from the M3 store that my order has been cancelled. No reply by email or via PayPal and no refund so far.
      Update - PayPal have resolved the claim in my favour and given me a full refund.

Easy - by PayPal

I did not receive my order.

n/a. I didn't receive any items

I am still waiting for a reply and a refund.

Never.
      I have ordered from them twice before. The first order was fine. The second time there were problems but eventually I received part of my order and a partial refund. Unfortunately I made the mistake of giving them another chance.
      (I also ordered some items from M3 through Alice's Collections. Alice has contacted me to say that she is unable to get a reply from M3 about one of the items she ordered as well. I will not order M3 products from a dealer in future either as M3 have been totally unreliable.)

Yes, possibly if they were in good condition. I know from previous orders they make nice clothes.

12. * What did you order?
      A suit set, button up shirt, 2 muscle shirts, & a pair of jeans all in SD10 size.

* When did you order?
      April 2, 2015

Not great tbh. They don't respond quickly, and annoyingly it seems most of the time they don't respond at all.

Very easy. Used PayPal.

They sent an email updating me on my order status, showing that they shipped the order on June 29. Even gave the tracking number. Everything just arrived today (July 9, 2015). That's 9 working days.

Yes, very surprised with the quality. The jeans seem to made with actual denim. Mad skills with creating these beauties. Definitely worth what I paid product wise.

Oh yes

Yes, everything is just as I hoped. Suit came in its complete set, no parts missing, & no flaws in stitching on anything. Good quality & it all fits my doll as it should.

I wasn't satisfied with the company before, because they were quiet on their end with responses at first, which I heard is not a good sign. I contacted them in late June to check up on my order, and M3 said they would ship my things the next week. Then 2 weeks went by, there was no shipping notification, and despite my email attempts- no response from them. Eventually, they finally got back to me (after I filed a PayPal dispute with them), and things changed. Tbh, still not completely satisfied. Was a bit stressful waiting for responses & waiting for action to take part from them.

Not sure tbh... Depends on what happens to others transactions with the company, and their feedback. Bit of a deterrent to know others might be having trouble. That, and the company is really hard to communicate with. If this is fixed I may do more business, because the clothes are amazing.

Definitely, probably would be a lot easier!