1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat Dolls/prettyinplastic

Jan 5, 2014

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses:

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      A special size Aruna doll.

* When did you order?
      I think I ordered in early february. Since the doll was in stock, arrived really fast, in about a week.

Yes, absolutely! The construction of the doll is great, stands, sits, poses great, the resin is thick, and overall, it's a really pretty doll.

Yes, absolutely! Every single bit!

More than satisfied.

I can only tell positives. MaskCat is a really flexible company, and the doll I recieved was a high quality, unique doll. For me it's a perfect size doll for a child besides my adult MSD size characters, but it's a great size for a play doll for SD size dolls too.

Definitely. Can't wait to see their MSD line!

3. * What did you order?
      Special size Belina

* When did you order?
      February 16th 2014

Very appropriate.

Yes!

Very satisafied.

I love my little Belina's size, she's so adorable.

If I wanted more dolls, yes. :)

My Belina:

[​IMG]

4. * What did you order?
      Special size Aruna

* When did you order?
      February 20th 2014

Very good quality.

Yes!

Very satisafied.

Aruna is perfect from head to toe. I have no complaints, she poses perfectly and is such a cute size.

Yes, possibly later this year.

[​IMG]

5. * What did you order?
      Special size Aruna

* When did you order?
      Early May 2014

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

if they launch more special models :)

6. * What did you order?
      Aruna/Melodie in tan skin

* When did you order?
      Feb 2014/May 2914

Yes

Yes

Yes. It only takes about a month of waiting and Maskcat actually lets you know progress updates.

POSITIVE- Great resin quality and awesome posing. She is well designed and also packaged and sent with a lot of care. Wig, eyes, and extra parts come standard.

NEGATIVE-Obvious discoloration from sanding seam lines. This is probably only on the tan skin. I have two other dolls from this company and neither of them have this problem.

Absolutely

7. * What did you order?
      Ruolan

* When did you order?
      Traded Banyo for ready made Ruolan the end of June 2015

Definitely. The weight of the resin, gorgeous face-up, detailed sculpt, no seam lines, high quality wig, eyes, beautiful box and packaging and the list goes on!

Yes

Absolutely! I will buy another maskcat doll for sure!
      POSITIVE- Very good posing and well strung, beautifully packaged, best face-up I have received from a company, high attention to details like perfectly matched eyelashes with the wig color I chose! The sculpt has beautiful details and came with heel legs with feet, lower heel feet, and fist hands. The resin is gorgeous and the doll has a nice weight to it.

NEGATIVE-None!

Yes!

8. * What did you order?
      Maskcat Tan Nerine Tan Skin
      * When did you order?
      April 3
      No
      Yes and no. There were no pictures of the nude body of the tan doll on the site reseller's site or the company's Instagram.
      No
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Positives
      • Beautiful face mold
      • Solid and heavy feeling resin
      Negatives
      • Very noticeable seamlines
      • Crack on the doll's back that I was told was also a seamline

No.

I contact the reseller with my issues and she contact the company. The reseller forwarded the emails to me and the company stated "it's seam line indeed ... it's not crack at all". Photos included for idea of the thickness of seam lines.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. * What did you order?
      I ordered a feline in white and a 42 cm body in normal and a wig through etsy.

* When did you order?
      I ordered on January 5th 2018.

Yes the sculpting and finishing on my dolls was perfect.

Yes.

Very!

On these colors there was no trace of seam lines. The sculpting is lovely. The knees on the 42 cm body are a little crazy though.

Yes I would.