1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Matching Your Clothes with your Dolls!

Apr 7, 2018

1. [​IMG]

#21 Nyakokat, Jun 19, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    2. Normally when I twin with my guys it's intentional...this time it was a complete accident. All I needed was my hat. :lol:

[​IMG]WP_20180604_15_56_20_Pro by Liz, on Flickr

3. This is originally what I got into BJDs for, I'm also a Lolita/Fairy-Kei/J-fashion girl and I got a big BJD purely as an accessory to match the cutesy aesthetic I try to go for on dates. So I guess to me BJDs are more so a fashion accessory lol!

4. @Nyakokat I love that you got your hands on both the human sized and SD sized gingham OP! That's awesome. I was active in EGL before BJDs and always love seeing people twin outfits with their dolls :)

I own the 2006 BtSSB x Koitsukihime stained glass print, and always wanted one of the doll-sized ones sold in Koitsukihime's webstore to match with my doll, but the doll outfit is so expensive (basically the price of a new full doll) that I'm like "nah I'm good..." :lol:
      Scroll to bottom to see the print: https://www.koitsukihime.com/shop

Similar but not exactly matching, I do own this Juliette et Justine x Koitsukihime dress and am currently in the process of restyling one of my Alice in Labyrinth dolls to look like one of the dolls pictured (redoing her faceup, looking for similar wavy wig, planning to commission a corset for her, etc)

[​IMG]

#24 ker246, Jul 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    5. I wear Lolita fashion sometimes and like that style for my dolls but, I don't have an outfit that matches my doll's outfit. Maybe I'll look for one. If I knew how to sew, I would buy a dress for myself then use the fabric from the matching accessories to make a matching doll dress. There are often matching bows you can buy for your hair and sometimes matching bows that you are supposed to pin onto the dress.

6. I LOVE seeing people all matchy-matchy with their dolls. Id love to do it some day, but my sewing skills are still in the super noob level.

7. Omg I love this! You guys have made awesome matches. I'm still planning to sew matching clothes but since my doll is a boy and I am not it will be like we're a set instead of really the same. :)

8. I love this thread! I also thought about doing this with one of my guy dolls. I have some planning to do. hahahah

9. I tried matching with my doll once...it didn't end well (to be fair, when we're both wearing Hawaiian shirts with bodycon skirts, it never does)

10. This is awesome! I'm currently making a dress for myself, and I have some leftover fabric so I'm hoping to make a matching dress for my girl!

11. Sinbi and I both wear Jesus Diamante, although I've never made her the exact pieces I have :XD: I'll have to try doing it one of these days

12. Oh my! You're both gorgeous! :D I can't even imagine how long that would take to recreate in doll form... Amazing job!

13. I love all of these pictures! @Nyakokat That photo really makes me smile, and I’ve been having a rough couple days. I now aspire to be as cute as you guys!

I’m in the process of making an apron for myself, and decided to make one doll-size as proof of concept. Hopefully I’ll have enough scraps when I make the real one to do another doll-sized in matching fabric! I was also thinking of making a tie for my boyfriend but that apparently needs to be cut on the bias and would be hard to fit from scraps... maybe another full yard for him and future doll?

14. This is so cute, I wonder if there are other photo threads about dolls and owners wearing matching outfits!

15. These pics are all so cute!

I'm just starting out making my doll's clothing, but it will be inevitable that some of her clothes will be similar to mine since I use scraps and ends of the bolts of fabric from clothes that I make for myself to make her clothes! It's a great way to use up my leftover material, and if it translates well to doll size, then I'll go for it. Idk if we"ll wear the same style, though, as I'm plus size and tend to dress more conservatively than I dress my dolls (gotta show off that doll bod lol)

16. .

#36 Gintsumi, Dec 23, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    17. i would love to match with one of my dolls in particular, but she is so much better dressed than i am, it feels like an unattainable goal. maybe someday we can coordinate themes or colors, but i don’t think we will ever fully match each other!

18. I can sew so I was thinking it would be fun to make something for myself to wear that I can also make for one of my dolls so that we can match.

Have you tried wearing matching outfits with your doll?

19. Yes! One time I found a dress that looked just like mine for dolls that I bought for my girl. It’s always been my wish to dress like my doll for some photos or just to go out together but I haven’t had the opportunity yet.

What kind of outfit were you thinking of making for you and your doll?

20. I would love to be matchy with my doll! Just need to get better at sewing lol. I think theres a thread around here somewhere with pics of people matching with their dolls.

Tags: