1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Matching Your Clothes with your Dolls!

Apr 7, 2018

1. The first day at a doll con I wore my art on leggings by Bombsheller Jade Gordon on Instagram: “Wearing my #bombsheller leggings ” (no longer retail, just a manufacturer. :( ), then the second day I saw that someone had gotten doll leggings with my art that had been printed via Spoonflower Jade Gordon on Instagram: “WHUT!!! Doll leggings with my fabric in the wild! Also the mid-sized scale! (I have the tiny print with me right now! And also wore my…” . I wish I'd known so I could have synced up! It was such a fun coincidence!

(Whelp, I didn't know links did that weird full text inclusion... sorry!)

2. I remember it used to be popular to make or buy matching lolita dress. But that was almost 10 years ago

3. Lakin and I own the same Nirvana t-shirt! Zander and I have the same checkered Vans slip on shoes. I think it ends there, though. I don’t tend to look good in the same things my dolls do.

4. I'm looking to customize a BJD as a specific character... who is ALSO a character I happen to cosplay. :D As a result, we should wind up with identical outfits when I'm done. I've been saving the leftover fabric from my cosplays so that we can match. :)

5. My doll has a sailor costume that I bought almost 10 years ago, and I happened to find a very similar sailor costume second hand! I have no sewing skills, so I was very lucky to find a costume that matched so closely.

6. I was thinking of something Lolita style. I know it's a bit cliche but it would be so much fun!

7. That will be cute! I’ve never matched but I like the idea! Just matching by color will be fine too~

8. I saw a photoshop that on Facebook of someone who creating a matching costume for them and their doll. I really want to try it but sadly I don’t have a concept for a matching outfit:(

9. I have one matching hoodie on the way!! I think a lot of people in China make those matching outfits.

10. It can be cute for someone to wear the same outfit as their doll, but I would never want to do it. I went to a tea party for a friend's birthday when I was little that had a parade of girls where matching outfits with their American Girl dolls. The idea didn't appeal to me then, and it still doesn't.

11. .

#51 Gintsumi, Sep 16, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    12. Absolutely! If I could wear what Abraham is wearing in my profile picture, I'd be very happy!

13. For a while Kit and I had the same Ramones t-shirt. Sadly mine wore out and I haven't found another one, but I do now have the same shirt in MSD and SD size.

14. Currently working on a Lolita outfit that will match my Ringdoll Lucifer full set outfit. It won't be the same exactly but it'll match. :) I'll post a picture when it's done.

15. It's finally done! Was a lot of work to make. What do you think? :)
      [​IMG]

16. @Qianna That is so good! You both look great :D

17. Thank you!! Now I have to figure out when to wear it haha.

18. cute!! I also brought some matching clothes with my dolls, waiting them to arrive...

19. I have made a couple of conscious choices to match my clothes to my doll, recently. I have a pair of converse and my doll has two pair of converse look alikes, they aren’t the same color but that’s ok. I may get another pair of converse after the holidays to match my doll’s shoes. I hope to have at least a couple of outfits to match my doll. I think it’s really neat when people match their dolls!

There is an account on Instagram I follow where a Japanese woman does this regularly and I find her inspiring.

20. Nice! I'd love to follow that account too. Do you know what it is called?

Tags: