Matching outfits for you and your doll?

Aug 31, 2019

1. I can sew so I was thinking it would be fun to make something for myself to wear that I can also make for one of my dolls so that we can match.

Have you tried wearing matching outfits with your doll?

2. Yes! One time I found a dress that looked just like mine for dolls that I bought for my girl. It’s always been my wish to dress like my doll for some photos or just to go out together but I haven’t had the opportunity yet.

What kind of outfit were you thinking of making for you and your doll?

3. I would love to be matchy with my doll! Just need to get better at sewing lol. I think theres a thread around here somewhere with pics of people matching with their dolls.

4. The first day at a doll con I wore my art on leggings by Bombsheller Jade Gordon on Instagram: “Wearing my #bombsheller leggings ” (no longer retail, just a manufacturer. :( ), then the second day I saw that someone had gotten doll leggings with my art that had been printed via Spoonflower Jade Gordon on Instagram: “WHUT!!! Doll leggings with my fabric in the wild! Also the mid-sized scale! (I have the tiny print with me right now! And also wore my…” . I wish I'd known so I could have synced up! It was such a fun coincidence!

(Whelp, I didn't know links did that weird full text inclusion... sorry!)

5. I remember it used to be popular to make or buy matching lolita dress. But that was almost 10 years ago

6. Lakin and I own the same Nirvana t-shirt! Zander and I have the same checkered Vans slip on shoes. I think it ends there, though. I don’t tend to look good in the same things my dolls do.

7. I'm looking to customize a BJD as a specific character... who is ALSO a character I happen to cosplay. :D As a result, we should wind up with identical outfits when I'm done. I've been saving the leftover fabric from my cosplays so that we can match. :)

8. My doll has a sailor costume that I bought almost 10 years ago, and I happened to find a very similar sailor costume second hand! I have no sewing skills, so I was very lucky to find a costume that matched so closely.

9. I was thinking of something Lolita style. I know it's a bit cliche but it would be so much fun!

10. That will be cute! I’ve never matched but I like the idea! Just matching by color will be fine too~

11. I saw a photoshop that on Facebook of someone who creating a matching costume for them and their doll. I really want to try it but sadly I don’t have a concept for a matching outfit:(

12. I have one matching hoodie on the way!! I think a lot of people in China make those matching outfits.

13. It can be cute for someone to wear the same outfit as their doll, but I would never want to do it. I went to a tea party for a friend's birthday when I was little that had a parade of girls where matching outfits with their American Girl dolls. The idea didn't appeal to me then, and it still doesn't.

14. I think it would be really cool and I hope one day I will be able to.

15. Absolutely! If I could wear what Abraham is wearing in my profile picture, I'd be very happy!

16. For a while Kit and I had the same Ramones t-shirt. Sadly mine wore out and I haven't found another one, but I do now have the same shirt in MSD and SD size.

17. This is such a cute idea!~
      I really like it.
      It had already been in my plans to wear matching outfits with my dog,
      but now I can add this to the list too ^^.

18. Yes! My doll has a simple button down and black jeans, which I easily match sometimes. I also crocheted matching hats for the winter, this year. Ir makes me really happy

19. Omg crocheting matching hats! Thats so cute and something i could actually do too.

20. Yes, I entered a contest a couple of years ago for this. Didn’t place but I still live our matching outfits