Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 2

Dec 3, 2017

1. @nancy_schroeder_ca - Thanks! I keep forgetting how small she is--for some reason I tend to think of her as being 41cm. I thought she might work with my Dollshe Fashion Grown Saint. Their faces aren't bad together but his feet are humongous next to hers.:lol:

@El BJD - I used a 2mm hook for the dress itself, trying to keep it loose and airy, and a 1.5mm hook for tidying up some uneven edges along the back seam. In the war between buying new BJDs and new anything else, it's the BJDs that usually win at my house. Hope you have better luck!

2. @El BJD - I used a 2mm hook for the dress itself, trying to keep it loose and airy, and a 1.5mm hook for tidying up some uneven edges along the back seam. In the war between buying new BJDs and new anything else, it's the BJDs that usually win at my house. Hope you have better luck![/QUOTE]

I doubt it, vermont chick, since I just saw the 2 upcoming Fairyland Realfee Dragons! :O

3. @stellarphenomena - She's lovely! I find the mermaids very tempting, except that the tails make them so much taller--something like 45cm. I wonder how the seashell bra attaches?

@El BJD - Realfee Dragons? Oh no! My wallet is poised to turn and run the other way. Seriously, I hope I don't like them, because the number of dolls demanding that I buy them increases daily. Too bad my money doesn't increase proportionately.

4. vermont chick: I got one of the 16cm AE mermaids and she came with the seashells. I didn't use them as they were so small and not worth using any kind of adhesive.
      Asleep Eidolon Deedlite

5. I painted a Barbie scooter and I'm happy with it though it is still a WIP. I carved away the basket and left the rear seat so both the guys can ride on it. They are only being held up by the scooter's kickstand so that is a real big plus to me. Now to camouflage the Barbie logos. ;)
      [​IMG]True and Lyric on the scooter by SteamWitch, on Flickr

6. I have been looking at the new AE dolls! That 32cm body is so lovely... and TALL!

7. Great work on the scooter, @SteamWitch ! Getting rid of the distinct look of Barbie (and American Girl) paint jobs and logos is always a chore--but well worth the effort, as your scooter shows. I don't see any brush strokes, so you must have used either spray paint or an air brush. Now your guys can ride without feeling self-conscious about their wheels.

8. Thank you @vermont chick. I used spray paint, getting everything not to be sprayed covered neatly with tape took a while but it was worth the effort.One tire did get a little mist but black paint will cover it neatly. They have been sitting in it since yesterday. I don't know if I'm lazy or they are just being boys with new toys, lol.

9. Just being boys with new toys is my guess. :lol: Hope the paint was thoroughly dry before they sat down, or you'll have to call the one in front Mr. Goldbutt.

10. LOL! Yes, it was thoroughly dry when I carved away the sides of the 'dog carry basket'. I'll need to touch up the paint on that part. I also cut off the Barbie handholds on the handlebars. Lucifer has to bend over quite a bit to rest his hands on the grips.

They need a new license plate too. Don't know if they need helmets since they just cruise around the beach area, besides it would give them helmet hair, lol.
      [​IMG]scooter by SteamWitch, on Flickr

11. I finally uploaded a different browser and my Flickr now works, but they're apparently doing maintenance on the camera roll, so it took a while for me to figure out what now! Anyway, here's my Ancient Tales Elva in a dress I knitted for her, plus her lovely new shoes. :)

[​IMG]

12. Great dress @El BJD! I'm not familiar with Ancient Tales. What size is Elva? Not knowing the scale of your furniture it's hard to tell. I'm impressed by how well she stands.

13. Thanks, vermont chick! Elva is 21 cm tall and can wear most Monster High clothes. AncientTales is on Etsy, another amazing Russian artist. She also has a 42 cm bjd.

I got these shoes at a thrift store a while back, so I'm not sure who they're for. She's wearing a Monster High outfit here.

[​IMG]

14. @El BJD - The shoes look like they might be for Monster High, too. They're cute.

15. This black shoe won't easily slip onto my Monster High girl, and I don't want to force it. I think those clear ones fit though I'm not sure where they are right now. I've cleared up so I won't be tempted during garden season. Weeding calls! NOT

16. My tiny Napoleon arrived today. He is gorgeous! I also ordered a pair of hands in bronze for my Lumedoll Kiran. They aren't quite the resin match I was hoping for but I love the way they look on him. I will be blushing them to match.
      [​IMG]Ulric got new hands from Granado. by SteamWitch, on Flickr

17. I meant the clear shoes. I won't ask how you could misplace them because I do that, too--all the time. The black shoes don't look like the kind of thing Monster High does. They're a good fit, though.