1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Doll Round

Jan 29, 2012

1. Thank you! ;)

2. I love her wig!

3. Hi guys! I'm thinking of buying my first SD girl, Zuri (:love), but I have some questions about the Petrichor body:

How is it? Do you like it?

I read that it's difficult to find clothes/shoes for it, isn't it?

thank you <3

4. I only have a komorebi body personally, but the differences between the petrichor body and the komorebi are fairly minimal I believe. Mostly in bust/waist. That said, my girl seems to mostly fit with standard SD size items. Depending on the item they are sometimes a bit loose/long in the sleeve (shirts from ttya for example are a little large, imo) but I think the fuller bust of petrichor will help with take away from the looseness, if not the sleeve length. Pants will probably be long, as well, since these girls are few centimeter shorter than average SD, but so far I haven't seen issues in clothes that couldn't be fixed with some light hemming. I haven't searched for shoes yet, sadly.

They pose really, really well. I love my MDR girl as much as my minifee. I love the design of their elbows, and the knees have a nice little peanut that pops out for posing as well.

5. Thank you so much! I'm even more convinced now :whee:

6. I hope it helps! I was really worried about clothes too, but now I just keep an eye out for things I think would work. (since komorebi doesn't have a much of a bust, I avoid things that have fitted busts, ect) and go for it.

7. I caved and bought a Zuri in Chocolate Milk. I'm very excited! She's so beautiful, I can't wait to see her in person.

8. I too, could not resist the chocolate milk Zuri. I am hoping she leans more into a chalky soft glow tan vs the orangish dark tan I've seen. My most expensive doll purchase so far... I'm excited to see how she works out! I've heard MDR's resin is exceedingly soft/smooth to touch. Is that true?

9. I got a chocolate milk Zuri too. Very excited about it :dance I've heard so many good things about these dolls I'm going to have a hard time waiting for her to arrive so I can see her in person..

10. Yay for all the ordered Zuris! I won't order this thime but I'm tempted if Nuria does another one in the future.

And yes, the resin is soooo soft, you'll be all so happy!

11. I caved and ordered a Chocolate Milk Zuri, after recently getting a merry head second hand! The Zuri's lips are gonna be so fun to paint and they look like good posers! I am ridiculously excited to meet her. :)

12. Did they only make ten in each of the chocolate colors? I just went to the site and they only have dark cocoa left. What a beautiful doll! Congrats to everyone for ordering her!

13. As far as I understand it only the dark cocoa is limited to ten dolls. The rest is time limited up until March 20th. I checked the site too and was able to put dolls in my cart, so it doesn't look like they're sold out yet. I did have problems loading the site earlier today though, so maybe there are technical problems that come and go?

14. Ok. Yeah when I went earlier today, the only thing listed available was the dark cocoa with ten available dolls for purchase and the other chocolate colors weren't anywhere to be found so I presumed they must have been limited to ten and had already sold out since they seemed pretty popular on here. Wish I had the funds to buy one, but I just bought the fairyland Sircca centaur and will have to be good for awhile. But wow is she beautiful. Do they do layaway there at all? I've never really looked at merrydollround before.

15. MDR offers a 4 month layaway I believe. I only first discovered Nuria's dolls last year when Zuri was released, and I've been feeling a need for that doll ever since so I'm really happy to have placed an order...finally it feels like, even if it has only been a few months:lol: Looks like there is still a dark cocoa available too. I thought they would all be long gone by now.
      Congrats on your incoming doll too. She looks like she is going to be pretty awesome!

16. Thank you! And congrats to you on your order! Please post lots of pics when your girl arrives! I'm so excited to see what people do with their dolls! I've heard so many incredible things about the resin quality of these dolls from people, but just haven't personally explored them as an option for myself. And thanks for the info! 4 month layaway is very doable. I may go explore the website some more. Zuri really is so stunning. Does anyone know how often they plan on releasing these skin tones? Because if I can't swing it now, I would love to know it would be an option down the road.

17. I've been hearing incredible things too, so my expectations are high :) I'm not sure how often there are preorders or if there is a schedule for them, but the dark cocoa at least will be released again according to the MDR tumblr and instagram. It will be limited to ten dolls in each batch though because the dark resin is more complicated to cast and finish. I'm guessing the other two colors will probably be released again as well, they seem pretty popular after all, but I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask Nuria herself.

18. Nuria said she intends another dark cocoa release of 10 due to demand, and that chocolate/chocolate milk are colors she wants to keep around.

I ended up putting a chocolate Zuri on layaway. I wasn't sure I was going to join this order, especially since I brought home a puppy, but, I just fell in love with the chocolate resin color. I want to name her Persephone.

Edit: I have returned with links. Tumblr post explaining why dark cocoa is limited, and the instagram page for MDR, just in case anyone is interested in them!

#618 ThrowMyFaith, Mar 14, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    19. I jumped in for a Dark Cocoa. This will be my fifth MDR girl, and yes! The resin is exquisite! So soft and smooth and heavy. The bodies are the best posers I have ever owned (my current collection is at 40ish dolls, with easily that many more having come and gone.) You will be very pleased with her :)

20. Oh wow! Your fifth one! What a collection you must have! You should post a picture of your current girls! I would love to see them side by side. I really want to take the plunge, but I will have to wait after looking at my finances. Too many layaways at the moment. But wow...Zuri really is beautiful. Congrats on your order!

Thanks for posting that link! That was super helpful!

#620 Meggethann, Mar 14, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017