1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merrydoll Round Pygmies

Aug 16, 2015

1. @ATBryant thank you so much!! I feel you on the space issue... although I have quite a few larger dolls (4 of which are biiiig SDs) Sometimes I wish I could limit myself to the smallest sizes myself...

In regards to them though... I found out that they are way too small for Blythe sized clothes T_T I will try getting some Azone XS stuff and see how it goes. I simply cannot do detailed garments her size myself. I was hoping I could go for an Audrey Tautou (as Amelie) sort of vibe ...only more eastern inspired... with her initially, but we'll see how it will develop. For now I want to try giving her a longer dark brown or black wig to see how I like her with that look.

Buuut here is miss Scheherazade herself with the wig and faceip I did for her in less than a day ahaha...
      [​IMG]

2. Is anyone else excited about the new doll, Bunyol? I really love the new body and I’m so excited to see what she’ll look like with a face up and clothes. I’m considering buying one when they’re released for preorders, but it’s so expensive!

3. @dancing skeleton I plan on preordering one! Not sure if I want to go for Bunyol or Mousse in the next preorder, but I'll be going for one or the other at least.

Nuria offers a layaway of 5 months, one of the longest I've seen for independent BJD makers. I wholeheartedly believe they're worth it (I'm biased, I have two already and want more). But Nuria's layaway makes them really obtainable.

4. Thank you for the information! That might be an option for me. I do have some money saved up, but I’m currently studying at university which makes my economy a bit tight.

I have a Mousse, and I think Bunyol would be the perfect cousin for her.

Have you ordered through Merrydollrounds preorders before? How long does it take to get the dolls?

5. I ordered Dango in her July preorder, and received her around the 20th of November, so 4 months. 4 months seems to be a pretty set time for her production time.

6. Thank you! That’s such a long time though! :(

7. @dancing skeleton For independent artists, it seems pretty normal. I think I waited 5 months for my Irrealdoll Annic and for my Atelier Momoni Momonita.

8. She's really cute in that wig and face-up!

Anyone have any more Dango spam? I'm still waiting for mine ;___;. I'm getting worried and upset she's taking this long. I'll ask Nurie again this weekend if she could ask spanish post why my package isn't moving. I understand that there is black friday and holiday rush but to have my package stuck there for nearly three weeks doesn't feel right. I'm afraid if it takes until January to arrive it will seriously affect how much I like the doll. It has happened before in other circumstances when I have been disappointed by wait time.

Edited to add: OOPS I forgot to answer about Bunyol and that was my main point!!! I immediately got some ideas for her when I first saw pictures. So I will be looking forward to getting one eventually. I don't want any tan so I'll wait. Ns would be preferred for my plans but I'm also a sucker for fantasy colours...

9. @Kaede^ Are you waiting for the package in Spain? Or in another country? I'm waiting on my Narae from the final Bimong order and it was at customs for 2 weeks. After contacting them for a second time, I learned that they apparently sent out a letter requesting extra information about the package. However, I never received the letter which delayed it's process a lot. Pissed me off because the first time I contacted them (about 6 days before) they never mentioned the letter.

You might want to contact the shipping company where it's currently waiting at.

10. I'm in Finland and the package is (obviously) coming from Spain. Tracking hasn't updated since the 20th (it was shipped 19th). I'm sure that tracking would have been updated if it had actually left Spain and arrived here. And since it comes from EU I don't have to pay customs or contact them or anything. Packages go straight for delivery or to the post office nearest the recipient.

11. That's weird, my package got stranded the exact same day here in the Netherlands.

12. @Kaede^ You mean that the tracking hasn't updated at all in these three weeks? So the package is still technically in Spain?
      That is weird, and I can confirm you that it would say if it had left the country so you are doing good by saying to Nuria to investigate. Is there only the packet admission status in the tracking? or something else after?
      Even if the tracking number was not working properly for whatever reason you should have received it already, or maybe this week tops.

I'm personally waiting for more pictures of Bunyol's chocolate skin colour to decide if I get her or not since she said in her last picture that the colour in there was not totally accurate.

13. Now that is weird!

Yep, no update since 20th. Last update says
      "Last known status of parcel: In the exchange office
      The shipment has arrived at the international logistics centre of origin
      20 November 2018 | 04:55:02"

I already asked Nuria about my package 8 days ago and she said not to worry that she would ask the post office about it. I never heard back after that but since her dog passed away last week I didn't want to harass her right away. I'm contacting her again this weekend! I know this week was problematic for finnish post (no deliveries on Tuesdays and today, Thursday is our independence day and as such a national holiday. But it's not even in Finland yet so it's a moot point!.

I'm sure that chocolate skin is tough to get right in pictures! I can't wait to see more pictures with wigs and face-ups and all ^^.

14. Most of the Spanish artists use Correos post which won't track outside of Spain, at least for us in the USA.It can also be very slow compared to EMS but EMS from Spain is very expensive.

15. @Kaede^ I'm not an expert on how the post system works here in Spain, but I do know from experience that sometimes packets go directly from the nearest airport that the post uses and sometimes weirdly they do a loop and pass through the capital's logistics centre, and every single time that has happened to me the packages take more time to go or arrive. That said I've used the post both to send and receive in the last couple of weeks with no problem, not much delay (here Black Friday is not as popular as it is in other places for now). Last time I had something similar happen to me sending a package outside it was stuck in the same place as yours for three weeks but it was around Christmas. Either way, I think it's for the best she goes to check if they can tell her something about it.
      That said, this week there won't be now much movement anyway since here it's also national holiday today and it also is Saturday the 8th.
      I'm not sure about the tracking outside of Spain, but being Finland and inside the EU I imagine you can indeed track it outside here, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been able to track packages from Spain being outside of Spain so I'm assuming. International tracking is different (by international I mean outside of Europe).
      I would expect an average of one to two weeks in general for a package to arrive, more or less.
      In this case I imagine there has been a problem in the logistics centre and the package might be still in a shelf waiting.
      Correos is the standard post office in Spain, it's technically publicly own (although personally I would say more like semi-private nowadays) and unless you send something as urgent it does take a while to get anywhere inside or outside (that is an average of 5 days to a week if sent as tracked and signed). I can't personally say that private companies are better in delivering faster, and usually more expensive, again not an expert but from my experience.
      The 4 times I've ordered to Merry Doll Round I was in the UK and it took about a week to receive the packages.

16. Thank you so much for your encouragement and advice everyone! I have happy news as my package has FINALLY reached Finland \o/. Only took 3 weeks from shipping... At least now I have an update on tracking and can start harassing finnish post if it doesn't keep moving ^^. I'm really hoping to get her this week!

17. Oh good!!! I hope you get her this week too!! :)

18. Can anyone help me out with understanding Merry Doll Round's color choices?

Mousse and Bunyol are on preorder for the next week or so, and I would love to buy one, but I'm torn about the colors! The available colors are Strawberry, Chocolate Milk, and Chocolate. I'd like something "tan" because most of my dolls have light skin, and I'm leaning strongly to Chocolate Milk, but it looks different in all the photos.

Is it more of a medium grey-brown color (dark like Dollshe Pale Tan, even if the tone is not the same) or is it more of a lighter tan (like Dollshe Copper Oriental, Fairyland Tan, etc.)?

Thank you!

19. @StellaMarigold I wouldn't say I'm the best for this, but I'll try and offer some help. Only Bunyol is available for Choco and Chocolate Milk, and Mousse is available in Strawberry and Chocolate Milk.

I think the cookie skin is the closest to a real tan. Chocolate milk seems to be more of a pale shade of brown (It reminds me exactly of this picture of chocolate milk). I think chocolate milk can serve as a tan, it just won't have reddish tones in it. It definitely looks a lot lighter than the Dollshe Pale Tan. Nuria says she gets her resin specially mixed, so I don't think anywhere will really have a color that matches. Googling also doesn't really turn up anything that looks similar.