1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Metis Doll Studio 42-45cm Fashion Mini Discussion

May 7, 2021

1. Metis Doll Studio is a small single-artist company based in Beijing. Their Instagram is metis.mihui but they are much more active on Weibo (found their account by googling ‘metis doll weibo’).

ETA: They have a Taobao shop but I haven't been able to find it. They formerly had a website made with Etsy Pattern and also an Etsy shop, which is where I bought my first two dolls from them. But they ran into issues with Etsy and said their shop was deleted. As fair warning, quite a few people had issues with orders placed through Etsy in the month or so before the shop was deleted, and had trouble getting responses, and no one that I heard got a refund... some people have been in communication with the artist, some have dolls now shipped to them, but it seems there are still customer service issues ongoing and people who have not been responded to and are not sure they will get their dolls.

As of 1/23/2022 they announced on Instagram that luladoll.cn will be their new international dealer.

Below is a list of their mini fashion doll molds.

45cm boys:
      Brayden: open eyes
      Alfredo: closed eyes, smiling

42cm (on flat feet) girls:
      There are two bodies, ‘Supermodel’ and a variation of that body ‘Dicephalus Twins’ with a wider chest and two necks that fits two heads.
      Tilda: open eyes
      Erin: open eyes
      Molly: comes in 4 variations, open eyes open mouth, sleepy eyes open mouth, sleepy eyes closed mouth, closed eyes and closed mouth
      Ivy: open eyes
      Sasha: open eyes
      Amy: open eyes

#1 aliquotiens, May 7, 2021
      Last edited: May 10, 2022
    2. Hello,

I was looking at Metis Doll, and they're so pretty! I like the realistic proportions. I was wondering if I could get owner pictures of the doll? How flexible are they, what are the differences between the color of resin? Can they stand on their own? I'm just having trouble finding info on them.

3. I have both 26cm and 45cm doll (Bella and Molly). I haven't received Bella yet even though she was in stock, because the maker was kind enough to send her directly to the faceup artist in China.
      Molly has really nice proportions and is super flexible. I prefer aesthetics over flexibility anyway, so I liked that there aren't any unnecessary (to me) joints. She came hot glue sueded.
      The maker was also kind enough to sell me the old body without the neck joint (don't know if that's still available now).
      She came with extra pair of hands and flat, high heel, super high heel, and ballet feet. I have them both in white colour, it's a nice creamy white, but they have a nice range of colours.
      I bought the wig for her at Anastasia fashion doll who makes them custom for Metis dolls, the eyes at Dollines, and the shoes I had to custom order from Ursisarna.

Overall, I think the quality is unbeatable for the price as these dolls are actually one of the most affordable dolls in the fashion 1/4 BJDs range. Molly was my grail and I really regret not getting her sooner, instead of wasting money on cheaper dolls I only bought because of the price.

I'd post pictures but they are both at the faceup artist. They should be done soon, so I'll add them to my post then.

4. It's good that the dolls seem to have a balance between aesthetics and flexibility. I am looking into getting a fashion BJD, and now after reading your reply I am very much considering getting one from Metis. Are clothes then very difficult to find for them?
      I can't wait to see how the faceups look! One of the things that appealed to me the most was the face sculpts and faceups that could be done on them. They look so cool!

Do they usually come with extra parts or is that something that was an add on?

5. I don't know about clothes because I usually try to make my own. There are a few sets available on Etsy if you search for Metis, unfortunately sold by recaster. I tried searching for comparision with other fashion dolls, but could not find any.
      Sadly, they are not as popular as other brands.
      All the extra parts are included in the price and there are no full sets available. Doll does not come with eyes.
      Regarding your previous question, I don't know if she can stand because I'm too afraid to pose her like that.

6. Thanks for all the info!

7. Do you know what size eyes the 45 cm doll uses?

8. I’m not sure- I have 8mm/3mm in my 42cm Sasha and they are a perfect fit (for small iris look). So I’d assume either 8mm or 10mm for the 45cm boys since their heads look a bit larger.

My doll can balance and stand unsupported although I don’t leave her like that long. Here are some pics (light tan color) sorry she’s headless:
      https://i.ibb.co/xhTWYr4/E52-ED081-604-F-4-EF0-8-CC7-F537-A4530-D53.jpg
      https://i.ibb.co/qJ3pS9s/10-A258-BE-38-BE-4-A7-E-B5-F1-4695-BBD208-A4.jpg
      https://i.ibb.co/yn99CD3/6-D007-DBD-D293-4-A60-B3-EA-EE07516-D7936.jpg

As for clothes - the 24cm bodies should fit in a lot of Blythe clothes. The 40cm line will need Russian fashion doll sizing for a good fit though some Minifee clothes could work if you don’t mind them loose. My Sasha is 15-10-17 bust/waist/hips which is very close in measurements to a mini Pasha Pasha with small bust. They’re also close in size to Marmite Sue Menagerie and Natalia Loseva. They are a couple cms bigger around than Popovy or Tender Creation. Tonner Doll and 16” Fashion Royalty clothes might also work. Almost everything sized for them will be custom made and only available on Instagram or Etsy.

#8 aliquotiens, Oct 22, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    9. She can pull off so many poses! That is more flexible than I thought! Thank you for the pictures! It really puts the doll's characteristics into perspective. I'm scared with those sized eyes I won't find ones I like, but there are a lot of custom made ones out there. I'll look into those sized clothes, but I'll probably will be making them then if I do get one since it seems it'll be simpler. Thank you for all the pictures and information, it really helps!:)

10. Whoever purchased Metis doll through Etsy, how did you find communication with the seller?

I've contacted them about my order, and it's been about two weeks now without a reply.

11. Wow and I hope was thinking of ordering a doll too. Please keep us updated

12. @APSDISNEY my sincere advise to you is not to order from them. It really saddens me to say this, because their dolls are absolutely gorgeous and they have a pretty good feedback on Etsy. However, my experience with them has been pretty awful thus far.
      Perhaps if Stacy's Pink Ocean will have their dolls in stock again, it'd be safe to order, but through their Etsy? I don't think so.

I've made two orders with them, few days apart, spending about $1k in total, and haven't received a reply neither on Etsy nor on their instagram where they were active as recent as today.

13. @0100 @APSDISNEY
      Thanks for warning me in advance! I didn't know there was such an issue. I am kind of worried now. I haven't ordered a doll from them yet, but now I am cautious if I decide to.

14. Thank you so much for the heads up! Did the seller ever get back to you?

15. @APSDISNEY No, they did not. They're posting on instagram, so in theory they should've seen the message I left them. Still, it's a total radio silence.
      Judging by the customer feedback on their Etsy they were pretty active there this past summer, but then in the early fall they made a post on their insta how their work's being stolen and reproduced illegally. The same post on their weibo account is worded slightly differently (and strongly, might I add) and it comes off like they blame the foreign customers for it.
      So at this point, with that in mind and the lack of communication, I'm honestly not expecting to get my dolls at all.

I have until late December to receive my dolls, and if I won't, I will have to open a case. Which, according to the Etsy rules, I won't be able to do until some time in Feb.

16. An important update: as of 11.20 Metis have closed their Etsy shop.

17. Wow. And still no response to your messages or assurance you’ll get what you paid for?

18. Oh no! What about your purchase? Are you able to contact your bank for a refund?

19. I hope that everything works out for you! This is a tough situation to be in.

20. I want to clarify that Metis had not only closed their Etsy shop, they deleted their whole Etsy account. So now there isn't a way to message them on that platform.

@aliquotiens No responses. I'd tried to contact them through their instagram again, but nothing came out of that.

@APSDISNEY That's what I'll have to do unless I get a shipping information in late December. I'm still hopeful as silly as it may sound.

@Nymui Thank you so much, I'm worried, but I do hope I'll see the dolls.

I want to say that despite a total lack of communication - which to me is a huuuge red flag when dealing with a seller - I'd still love to own at least one of their dolls. That said, this whole experience has soured my view on them big time.

I'm glad I was able to inform any potential customers not to make the same mistake so no one else will have to go through the unknown of maybe receiving the doll, maybe not, and possibly having to open a case to get a refund.

#20 0100, Nov 21, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 21, 2021