1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-me! A doll just like you...

Apr 15, 2007

1. I don't think I've come across a thread like this before so here goes.

My sister and I were talking about BJDs and she said, "Wouldn't it be cool to have one that looked like you?"

Now, well I don't agree with her (personally, I think that would be kind of creepy or narcissitic. I mean, I don't even particularily like looking at pictures of myself so a dollified form haunting my every waking dream might freak me out a tad:sweat ) I was curious what people thought about it?

Do you have a doll you model after yourself? Would you want to?

2. Actually there is something called Minime (I think?) that will sculpt a doll head based on your appearance? XD

I personally wouldn't want one, though.

3. Ohh, thats kind of weird in my opinion ^^;

4. It's a cute idea but there's no way I'd want a doll that looks like me. My dolls are all young, beautiful, expressive & interesting. I'm just a boring fat old lady. LOL!

5. Denny offered, and I jumped at the chance. I think it's a wonderful idea. :fangirl: Now I can really wear all the clothes I wanted to, but in small-scale.

6. I'm having such a thing done with the MiniMee. XD

I think it's spooky and fun.

7. I would do it to have versions of my children. That would be something I'd treasure :D
      Ingie

8. Yeah, I'm having mine of my daughter.

9. Well, I think thats a bit different then doing it of yourelf :)
      It'd be a neat and unique momento!

10. Ummm, if I wanted, I could make my Shushu look almost exactly like me. I noticed the similarity between me and Shushu after I took my girl out of her package. It's quite disturbing, really. I didn't want to have a mini-me in my room, but Shushu surprised me totally. No matter what kind of face up she has, she looks more or less like me :|

11. I wouldn't have myself. But a Yamapi doll sounds good ^^

12. Until now I have 4 outfits that I've made for me and for Kimiko, so that we both (almost) look the same.

* Sweet Angel Lolita: Kimiko, me
      * Xmas-Lolita: Kimiko, me
      * Jedi: Kimiko, my outfit
      * Cheergirl: Kimiko, but now pic of me yet.

13. I can tell you I'd rather have gotten a doll made of someone else than me, but being (at the time) without children and all of my family being far away, pictures of myself were all I had to offer when Denny was taking candidates for the sample MiniMee.

I can also easily say that the sleeping head IS creepy. I opened the package and my first thought was "Its like a little, detached, dead me head X.x"

As rarely as I look in the mirror, though, its easy to forget that it looks like me at all and she's become "One of the dolls".

She does look really old in the face compared to the others, though, despite being a mini.

14. I dont want to have another me. thats kinda selfish...I already have myself. And also, why take away an opportunity for a doll to have her/his own personality, something unique maybe.

15. to have a doll look like me would be creapy....

then again a friend keeps saying how shes gonna model a doll after her mother.. and when her mother does and get cremated shes gonna put some of her ashes in it. (which is beyond creapy to me)

16. nezume - Ok, that would just... Well, that would freak me out to the core. But everyone has their own things, I suppose :)

17. If I had the money, I would have dolls made of my two daughters at their ages in a heartbeat. (They are 16 months and 3, maybe a 27 cm and 22cm?)

18. Now that's something I think would be a good idea. That would be so cute too!

19. I saw a doll that looked like me, down to the haircut in the marketplace once, it was too weird to look at her I don't like myself that much.

The one of a kind aspect of the DIM dolls is very appealing though.