MYou 45cm

Dec 22, 2015

1. My Martha is home! She's such a beauty, very dancer-like :D

As promised, I took several comparison photos with other dolls. A couple of my photos didn't turn out, oops. But I made an album on Flickr of just the comparison photos if you'd like to take a look, here. Fair warning, there is some dollie nudity.

Here's one, all three dolls wearing a striped top from Alice's Collection, and black shiny leggings from Dollmore:
      [​IMG]

I hope you'll excuse my inconsistent white balance and sloppily thrown-together images!

What I'm finding so far is that the 1/4 Girl Body-3 is indeed slimmer than regular MSD but not as slim as say, Minifee. Her torso is SO long. Adds to the dancer-ness :) But MSD clothes do generally fit alright. She's just a little tricky. Oh! And her feet are definitely more Minifee-esque than MSD. I don't currently have any shoes that actually fit her, as all mine are straight MSD size which are way too wide. She's currently borrowing a pair of socks from my Harucasting Maji, they both seem to have about the same size/shape foot.

If you have any requests I'm more than happy to take more photos, just ask n_n

2. @RamenDoodles Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comparison photos. I also took a look at the ones you had up on your flickr. That gives a great indication of her slimness compared to your other two dolls. And I was very surprised that MSD clothing doesn't look too bad on her. That helped a lot.

3. Here's a photo of my Martha. I wanted to give her a sickly look and with her gentle smile I think it turned out even better than I expected. She has the version 3 body which is really slender and pretty. I am satisfied with how she poses but as she's my first doll I can't really compare it to others.

She arrived surprisingly fast, I placed the order at the end of March and received her at the beginning of June.

[​IMG]

4. I was wondering if anyone has the coffee and tanned skins? and Carr? I keep thinking him as my next doll to get and be the pet of the other doll I have on order. There's not too many pictures of these skins and Carr. So I'm hoping someone here can help with that a bit more.

5. @Pooki - Here is Starstone in the coffee resin (the Wind sculpt with the Carr faceup). The guy beside him is a hybrid but it is a myou body in normal resin. This is bluish white lighting that my phone tries to correct to yellow for reference. I might be able to get you a coffee versus tan resin comparison over the weekend.

[​IMG]

6. Thank you for the photo! I'd love to see the comparison if possible! Also getting a different face up on Carr? It looks really nice I may have to do that by looking at the other face ups since Carr's default isnt quite what I want

7. @Pooki - I didn't like the Wind default faceup so I just asked the dealer if it was possible to switch. I would say the only problem was the artist recreated it exactly instead of accounting for the differences in the sculpt. So he has a thick shadow line for his mouth even though he doesn't need it, the Carr sculpt mouth is more open so it would look better on that head to have a thicker shadow line. But I still like it better than if he had gotten the default Wind faceup.

8. I'll def ask my dealer when the time comes :) I think they could be able to do it since Myou is pretty good about doing this kind of stuff as well. I like Carr's default face up a lot compared to the other 45cm doll's so If its possible to change up the face up to another doll of a different size then this might work a lot better :) thank you for the info once more. The biggest thing which is the challenge is "how will it look on their tan skin and how well will it support my addition to it" since I gotta add an extra bit to the face up for the character but I'm not that good at face ups at this point of what i want for the doll.

9. Myou version 3 body is really pretty <3
      Hybrid with Magic Time Milian
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

10. Merry Christmas everyone!

[​IMG]

11. I limited myself to one doll next year and I already feel the itch! He is absolutely stunning! I actually love the face up on him!

12. How dark IS their coffee/light tan? I'm sort of.. lusting after one of these myou bodies for a floating head lol.

13. Thanks.

If you scroll up to my post # 825 you can see a comparison between normal and coffee.

14. Ling Wei caught my eye as i'm a big Decopunk fan and thought she might make a good Decopunk flapper or rising starlet. I ordered her in November and she's arrived already! Seems Myou have really been shortening their production time recently as I was not expecting her to be done and shipped in under 2 months as I ordered her with the face up.

I know some people were curious about what the company face up looked like with different eyes from the promo photos. She did arrive with brown eyes that had sparkle pupils like the promo so i've switched them to normal looking Mako eyes.So here's what it looks like with white skin.
      [​IMG]

I decided to order her with the V3 body as i'm planning on an android character using a Souldoll head and thought the skinny body might suit the character so I can do a body share.My other Myou bodies are V1s so I was wondering if anyone wanted me to do some comparison photos with the V1 and V3 girl bodies? Let me know if there's anything you particularly want to see!

15. Thank you for sharing! She is beautiful! Her face up is perfect. Ling Wei has been on my wish list for a long time. :)

16. Could anyone please recommend some good quality wigs to fit my new Wind?
      I understand I should be looking for 7-8"?

It's my first BJD and I'm not sure which companies are best. :?
      Links will be appreciated. Thanks.

17. Two places I know have a good selection of wigs.

Monique wigs, the monique gold collection series (they are made of synthetic mohair, softer and thinner fibres than standard synthetic wigs) are for bjds. Size 6-7 is the best fit for Wind (I have him and these wigs) as monique gold wigs are very stretchy and 7-8 is too big. This is the company site but you can find other shops selling them.
      Monique Trading Corp. - Monique Gold Collection for BJD Dolls

Leekeworld also has a large selection of synthetic wigs. Their sizing can vary depending on which company made the wig (some of the art wigs for example, I got one that was labelled 6-7 but in reality it was more of a 6). I can see when I get home if my leekeworld 6-7 fits Wind sculpt or not, if not then 7-8 in leekeworld might be better.
      [상품명]

You can also find wigs on ebay and artists making them on etsy.

18. Thank you for providing the link. I'm going to have a look.
      When you have time, please let me know if the 6-7 from leekeworld fits the Wind sculpt. :kitty1

19. Yes, 7-8" is the usual size my Myous take. My fave wig company is For My Doll, their wigs are great quality and the shipping is low too. I also like Luts and Crobi doll wigs for their good quality but the shipping is higher so I tend to only order when I have big enough order to justify the shipping :sweat