1. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

MYou tinies discussion

Sep 21, 2016

1. The little one is getting a better dress! Inspiration from Arwen's Rivendell costumes and Simplicity pattern 9891(link is to an image)... although since the simplicity pattern is both out of print and proportioned for adult humans (versus childlike dolls) I redrafted the whole thing pretty much from scratch. No sleeves yet, since this is a paper towel pattern test. I've got some grey fabric with a wonderful drape for the main body and white quilting cotton for the collar/yoke thingie.

If anyone wants the pattern (and doesn't mind levelling the hem themselves, since that was the only error this test turned up), send me a message.

[​IMG]

I'm torn on whether or not those eyes are INCREDIBLY CREEPY or not. They were like $7 at a local doll show and there's something just a bit... off... about them.

2. Does anyone own an Myou Yvonne ? I have not seen in hand pictures or owner pictures of her at all :pout:

3. I do...i will try to remember to take photos tomorrow and post. I was pleased with her. I just need a wig and clothes.

4. This thread is helping me feel better that I’m not the only one having problems dressing their little ones... I got a tan Silvia early last month and she’s been wearing my mini’s spare clothes up until a few days ago. Because she’s an elf, I wanted to get her something more appropriate for an adventure- and took a risk and got her an outfit made for a boy-
      [​IMG]
      I adore the vest on her- but given her hips, the pants are stretched to their limit! I’ve ordered some MSD shorts that I’m hoping can easily be made to fit better. Boots are forthcoming as well. I’m confident that I can craft her some small pieces of armor, but my sewing skills are lacking. I don’t suppose anyone knows of any fantasy themed clothing that might decently fit these 30cm Myou dolls?

5. @OtakuSquirrel I can send you my sewing pattern. It’s for a semi- fitted elfy dress and a tight fitting under vest/ collar. You could easily cut the bottom short and use it as a tunic. (It's ankle length as is.) I think I've come up with two different sleeve options (fitted or flared, as pictured --flared lets you use a fun sleeve lining fabric for extra shiny) and if you make it out of a knit or some other fabric that doesn't fall apart easily (maybe a thin flannel, if you like the rough edge sort of look) a hem would be optional. Her little sash here is just a long ribbon looped twice around her waist and tied in front.

I haven't made a pants pattern yet, though, so I can't really help you there. :/

[​IMG]

#645 rebeccag12363, Feb 2, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    6. [​IMG][/IMG]

7. [​IMG]

Here is my Yvonne. Obviously I do not know how to make this photo go the correct way. I find it hard to attach photos in this forum . I have a hard time getting wigs to stay on and it frustrates me.

If I had to do it again, I would spend the money on body blushing.

8. [​IMG]

Here is my Tang Tang. I really like her. But I am having a hard time finding clothes and shoes. This is a tiny Riley outfit but is really too small. I purchased the wig from an artist in Russia...worth the wait. It is the only wig I have e Dr been able to get on a doll and it stayed.

9. @Jillybeans57 Your Tang Tang is adorable! May i ask who made the wig?

10. Wow she is so pretty !!! Thank you for this photo ! She looks super sweet. :love

11. The sleeves are wonderful and the flare on them is perfect for something fantasy themed- Yes, that would make for a great tunic! I guess I really should give in to the idea that I'm going to have to work on my sewing skills. XD

12. Your girls are adorable. For wigs staying on, have you tried a wig cap? Or some people use things like hot glue or double sided tape.

13. These are really nice looking dolls, and love the outfits!

14. Yes, without any sucess to wig caps.

15. I used an Imda 3.0 romper pattern created by OddPrincess (Etsy) for my 30cm Pink skin Doudou. I did have to enlarge the original pattern which was created for an Imda 2.2 doll. I added short sleeves and a few extra embellishments to the pattern. I didn't have to make any alterations since their measurements are similar. I am waiting for two Imda 3.0 dolls (Elodie and Amellia) and hope that my three MYou 30cm dolls can share all of the clothes. The 1/6 YOSD shoes do fit the MYou 30cm dolls.

I will make an elf/fairy outfit for my Myou 30cm Pink skin Silvia elf before she comes back from her Angel Toast faceup and body blush. I also ordered shimmery fairy wings for Silvia from EnchantedFae3 on Etsy.

[​IMG]

16. Thank you for the size reference! That is soooo cute.

I think I must get the new 1/8th boy doll... just too cute.

Sorry if I’ve already missed this, but do Lati (etc) Clothes fit (ish) but look short? That might be cute. :)

Thank everyone for the lovely photos!