1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nagoya After Event?

Sep 13, 2005

1. Hi all

I may be blind but I've looked all over the site and can't find any more concrete information than that small mention of the after event in the report. Is it this weekend? I intend to make arrangements so I can hopefully get Toppi.

Anyone have better eyes than me?
      Thanks a bunch!
      Lyssa

2. Thanks Shan - I had posted there as well... I'm just trying to find a confirmation on time since I have to make major arrangements around the timing.

Any idea if it will be at 10am?
      Thanks (you are always a trove of info - thank you! :) )
      Lyssa

3. Do you mean the physical AE? If so, there is some useful (if nebulous) info in this thread:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34974

if you mean the timing of the online AE, I have to say that Volks seems to be quite iffy with their timing...for the last La Parsonal release, I recall that they didn't actually upload the items until the day after the official online release date.

If it's going to be like the last Dolpa AE, though, then I believe they will announce exact timings for the release of dolls, clothing, etc. closer to the date.

4. Good luck getting Toppi, Lyssa! Hina would love to have a little cousin! :grin:

5. Thankies Kellyhime! Let's all keep are fingers crossed - flesh and resin :).

Shan - so do you think they will let us know soon? It's supposed to be this weekend. (I did mean the online event - sorry my brain isn't quite awake yet). Gosh Volks, why do you toy with us?!

I really am truly dying for Toppi and don't want to miss so I guess I'll sit and keep refreshing my browser starting Friday afternoon ;) No wonder the site crashes.

Thanks!
      Lyssa

6. Crossed resin fingers.. that sounds painful! ^_^;;

I haven't a clue when they'll feed us more information. XD;; They haven't had many online events, really, and so far they've been toying with first-come first-serve (where the exact times would be essential) as well as the lottery approach, so it's anyone's guess what method they'll use for the LE dolls this time around.
      I'm only interested in the clothing, which should be first-come first-serve (which means more spasmodic clicking sessions @_@).

Good luck getting your Toppi! ^_^ If it's any consolation, she doesn't seem to be going for very much on Y!JA, and after the AE influx I'm sure the going price will drop a little more.

7. I guess because I've never followed the after events I've never noticed. Ugh... maybe I should just go to Y!J. I'm a complete virgin when it comes to Y!J because I'm terrified if I use it once I'll be sunk ;) What type of price is she getting there now? I just keep seeing her on ebay for $900+. A bit too much IMO.

I hope you get your clothing - there are some nice things!

Thanks for all your help :)
      Lyssa

8. I got my little girl three days after the Dolpa for $625, but with the fees and shipping, she came to about $750. I really don't want to see anyone pay those horribly inflated prices, especially my baby's Auntie!

I'm hoping to get the Pink Label red coat outfit that is pictured on Toppi, but hopefully, I have someone going to the physical after event to pick one up for me. *fingers crossed*

9. Whee! Well it's getting closer, still no info on the site other than it's happening. I'm hoping to get her there otherwise I'll have to wait a while to afford her.

Luck be with us both for getting what we want. At least I'm still an Aunty :grin:
      Lyssa

10. Aw, where does it show lottery?

11. I'm probably wrong, it's just the impression that I get.. one entry per person, check off the items you want?

:cow

12. Hmmm.... does it mean a lottery or that you can only order one of each thing - for instance I couldn't buy 10 Toppis (although I'd like to :) )

Anyone else have thoughts?
      Lyssa

13. It doesn't look like a lottery... I think you can buy till they run out, but only one.

Is it cheaper to buy directly from the Volks site than from Doll & Hobby?

FWD

14. *_* I'm confused. Does this apply to clothes as well?

15. In their first-come-first-serve events I don't recall ever seeing prior notices like this.. I'm probably reading too much into it. :oops: It just reminded me of the V-jeans lottery, wording wise.

16. Yeah I can see that too... because you don't pay until the confimation email. Oh man... I'm just sick thinking I might not be able to get her. Oh well, I'm stocked up on Coke and movies for the long haul :grin:

It's always so hard to understand what they mean... poor Volks, I think they try so hard for us.

I just gotta have that Toppi though - I guess I can only hope things work out for the best.
      Lyssa

17. So are we definitely thinking it starts Friday night, 9pm EST?
      Damnall.....supposed to be at work, might have to stay late and order from there.
      I can't make up my mind if I should try for Magical Michael anyhow.
      :(
      Michelle

18. It's hard to tell - it seems they seperated the times for the different items, but it's hard to tell if it's a lottery or first come type thing. Are you staying up for it Kellyhime?

I guess we just have to wait and see... I really hate waiting :(
      Lyssa