1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Photos Narae & Narin Dolls- new knee joints & 36 new facepainting style photos

Dec 11, 2007

1. Edit:
      Just a quickie reminder that our free shipping worldwide offer ends tonight at midnight... so please try to get your orders in under the deadline :fangirl:

If you have questions, feel free to email me off the web site. We're doing our best to keep up!

Catrina

(original post continues)

Hello everyone!

We have big news from Narin Creative (NarinDoll) and artist Bimong.

Highlights:
      1. New patented Narin Knee Joint- it is highly poseable and will not show any elastic stringing.

2. UV Additive- this has been added to the Narin dolls for the last few shipments, and seems like everything looks perfect, so we are ready to announce it.

3. NEW Custom Narin Team Faceups by famous Korean artist BasicLine are released

4. FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE on all orders made from December 12-December 31 to celebrate all our good news for Narin's friends and fans!
      Woo!:fangirl:

[​IMG]
      The design is a new patented method of concealing the elastic strings inside the knee joint, while allowing for a fully graceful pose. (facepainting by Kim Kyu Yun)

[​IMG]
      Photo courtesy of DOA's own VelcroTrainer... Linda visited Bimong last June and he personally showed her his work and designs on this new patented hidden jointing.

[​IMG]
      Here we are....
      [​IMG]
      The new joint shows no stringing and is very compact.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      The new knee joint will be offered starting the beginning of the year, and will replace the current joint.

We will be starting a special sale tomorrow, which will be FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE through December 31 for those who would like to be among the first to receive the new knee jointed dolls.
      And keep reading on this thread-- we will also reveal all the new Narin Team facepainting styles by famous Korean artist BasicLine.

:aheartbea Happy Holidays to all!:aheartbea
      Catrina

2. Okey doke, now about the UV Additive.

For the past year, we have been working hard to come up with stronger resin for the Narin dolls.

Because it's a matter of chemistry, you can't just drop anything into the resin and expect it to look the same...

it was a frustrating problem, because some additives made bubbles, brittleness, and other undesireable effects.

For the last 2 months, Narin dolls have had UV additive in them, which makes them stronger against sun damage. However, you must still guard against the sun, heat and other elements which damage resin.
      But we hope that news makes you happy.
      :D

3. And now... let's see our new facepainting styles by Narin Team!

Narin Team is designed by artist Basicline, who makes one-off outfits and designs for Volks, Japan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there are more...

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost there...

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see blowups of any of these facepainting photos, please go here
      http://dollfair.com/narinteam_main.html

We will be updating the web site for the new sale tonight, and this page will be linked up and ready for you.

The facepainting is unisex, and as you can see, it works for both 43cm and 60 cm Narin and Narae.

Happy Holidays!
      Catrina

7. It's hard to tell from the photo of the new knee joint, but it looks like this means the elastic does not run through the knees? Is there separate elastic for the lower leg with a hook on the top and bottom of the knee joint to link the two pieces of elastic?

8. Yes! :fangirl:

9. Looks like this thread needs a reminder that there is no chatting allowed in News threads. If you have a question that would be of interest to others, feel free to post it, but "OMG! So beautiful!" or "I wish that I could afford it" comments do not belong here. Thanks!:daisy

10. Do the new knee joints provide significantly better posing ability (wider range of motion, as with double-jointed knees), or is the change mostly aesthetic?

11. Yes, I think it's actually both for aesthetics and posing.

Because if you think about it, you can string the top and bottom parts of the leg differently. Before, you would have to go with the main elastic tension from both left and right, looping up one leg and down the other. Now you can just hook the main elastic to the tops of the knee joints, and then the lower knees can be either looser or tighter as you wish.

Dying to play with one here myself!
      Catrina

12. What does the UV stuff acutally do (How much does it protect)? Does it affect the resin at all? (I really hope it doesn't, I just loved the look of the prettyfullness though I have yet to rder my first Narae-- Yay new knee joints!!)

13. From what I've heard - correct me, if I'm wrong, Dollyholic - but the UV Additive just helps protect against UV exposure. Several other manufacturers (Volks and CP I think) have it in their dolls and it helps with yellowing and other damage caused by normal exposure to UV light (sunlight and lightbulbs). If you look at the promo pictures, the french resin looks as gorgeous as ever. But an anti-yellowing agent would definitely attract some people who've had their doubts about french resin, I think :)

14. ooooo fancy
      so the UV additive, this will be available with all new orders from this point? Is there any news on whether the old tan resin will be available once again?? (sorry to change topics slightly..)

15. 1. Yes, you are correct. I've been a bit worried about publicizing the UV protect, because I don't want people to go nuts and put their dolls in the window, etc. Because heat also yellows resin. The UV was tested in direct summer sun in Korea (eg. resin torture conditions) and there was minimal color change on a snow white doll. Even with the UV product included, I'd say the color change happened due to the very high heat. So continue to keep your doll safe but it does allow you a bit more peace of mind I guess.

2. I love the subtle joints too, and these ought to really be a fun addition to Narin's dolls. Bimong is an absolute precision nut (see his drawings and you can see how the joint works). He won't release anything until he is pleased with it 100%. It will be nice for VelcroTrainer here at DOA to chime in with her thoughts, since she was the very first to see it in action.

3. I don't think the new joint will make stringing more difficult. Although Narin dolls have never had "kicky" legs (due to the lock in the knee) these would make a kicky leg impossible. Because I think the kick was due to the string's tension. So with dual tensions, it will be very cool to see how posing can improve.

4. BasicLine does the facepainting for Narin Team. She is very famous on YJ for her custom dolls, and she also does the monthly one-off outfits in some Volks stores. She's such a talent, and we are so lucky to get such a great price from her for her work. She doesn't speak English, so all our facepainting instructions to her have to be translated to Korean.

Well thanks for all the great questions. I'll have the web site updated with the new info by tomorrow.
      Catrina

16. is it possible to sell the body only at a special price for those who have just bought their "old type" narin doll from the last batch?

17. Sorry, they have never sold bodies separately.

18. They look very nice. What is the Narin Doll website? In English if they have one.
      Thanks

19. Will the new joints retro fit into the older Nairn dolls?

20. Hi, here are some more answers...

1. Worldwide sales for Narin dolls are at www.dollfair.com The site is now updated with all the new goodies, and we are offering FREE SHIPPING through the end of 2007.

Dollfair is Narin's only authorized representative. We are located in the USA, but we do all their international sales.

2. The new joints seem to actually be: two new upper and lower legs and a joint. I do not believe the joint peanut will retro-fit with the older legs. Because the older legs would not have any space for the joint peanut to go in.

There have also been questions from other boards about their height with the new system in place. Because it appears they have new legs, there is a chance they could be a bit taller. Narin looks to be taller...though it might be an optical illusion... so I've just emailed Narin's studio and will get the specifics on this.

It would be kind of exciting if they did end up being a different height. This would add some variety for those with groups of the 43cm sized dolls.

Thanks for your interest..>
      Catrina