1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

NEW PICS! Limho/Narin Comparison (Nudity) PLUS Yellowing and skin tone comparison

Dec 28, 2006

1. EDIT: Yellowing explanation -
      Okay my Narin from the day I received him has spent many hours outside in the bright Sonoran Desert sun...eek. I had no idea about resin care. Anyway, this was his life, for months, shirtless, outside and loving life. I actually never noticed his yellowing until one day I read a thread about it. So I looked at him and noticed he had yellowed! Oops, my fault. Sage (the Narae I had) hadn't nearly yellowed as much, but most of the time she was out side she wore a long skirt and long shirt, the poor Narin just wore a loin cloth. Anywho, I know that if I had coated him with the UV MSC and took him inside after a photoshoot (something I rarely ever did) he wouldn't be nearly as "tanned." Poor guy will be so sunburned he'll end up looking like a lobster! :sweat

Since I've been staying at my mom's house, I might as well take advantage of having both a Narin and Limho together. I thought it would be helpful for some people out there. :) You can also see how much the Narin has yellowed.

Narin on the right, Limho on the left.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. Face Plate Switch - Narin body fits the Limho faceplate better, the Narin faceplate doesn't fit, but clings on.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Narin can sit up on his own, Limho can not.
      [​IMG]

Quick skin tone comparison:
      Snow white vs Tanning
      [​IMG]

3. Fascinating photos. It appears your Narin's faceplate has not yellowed, or to a much lesser degree then the body. Do you attribute this to a MSC coating?.

Narin's body tone color has deepen but it is not unflatteringly. Perhaps only the original owner would notice the change as it appears minor.

I would like see the those two bodies compared to the "tanned version".

4. I would definately say that the MSC helps. I new nothing about resin care when I bought the Narin. Every day I would take him out for pictures and he'd sit in the sun for hours! Months and months went by and he sat in the sun constantly. Infact I didn't even notice the yellowing until I started reading about it and so I look and sure enough he'd yellowed! Now he's UV coated, but it's a little late. Either way, he's skin still looks good.

5. Thank you for posting this comparison:)
      It really has been very helpful.

I think your Narin looks like he has a tan line...especially in the shot of his cheeky white butt:lol:

Looks like if you changed the whole head ( back plate and face plate ) the heads will fit perfectly. Limho has a slightly more mature look to his body and the chest joint, both of which I prefer, but for the character I have in mind, the Narin head is perfect.

The one thing that surprises me is that Limho doesn't sit straight...?!

Thanks again.
      ..now to give Limho/Narin some serious thought.

6. Here's a review of Limho by Angelmecha, showing all Limho's poses (including sitting). http://angelmecha.livejournal.com/185471.html

There is a little tab at his back waist joint... you pop that tab out over his lower torso joint, and he sits fine as can be. All my Limhos are sold out or I'd model him : - )

Denaliwind, gahhhhhh your Narin's tan!! Please add into your top post about him and explain the hours of Arizona sun, or we'll have so many people thinking that's a normal look for him.

Actually, even with his tan, he looks just as handsome as ever. And yes, Strontium, he does have a cheekly little bum.

Catrina

7. this is a great reference.

denaliwind: do you think that the entire heads could be switched and fit on the other necks properly? rather than just the face plate?

aka are the necks similar in girth and such?

just curious.

p.s. hubba hubba to them both, although poor limho needs some... um... encouragement. if you know what i mean.

8. I've seen a Narin that turned just as yellow as your guy, and he was kept inside!! In a room that got daylight, but not direct sun. I was really alarmed when I saw him at the last doll meet---is this kind of thing at all common?

9. Limho head on a Narin Body:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Narin head on aLimho body:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I have had my "golden beige" for about 8 months. I decided to give her a scrub down with a magic eraser before a body blushing, pedicure, and manicure.

I really studied the body, trying to figure out if there has been a color change to the french resin. I removed the faceplate to see if I could discern a difference between the inside head cap and the torso. She is pretty even, if she has changed then the whole body has changed not just the limbs etc.

My Narae has spent some time in the "brutal" Arizona sun, but not much. She has been in a sunlit room with no direct sun on her body. I think she is pretty much the same as the day she came. She is a beautiful warm golden tone. This is my present assessment of the Narin's french resin.

[​IMG]
      Feet, knees, hands, breasts, belly etc are blushed.

11. Denali wind- is your narin the same color inside his head?

12. I had a my little pony sitting in my window for months in TX, the hair went from pink to white. Isn't there some sort of solution for repairing the "bleach" effect?

13. first, a note. i believe the couple problems that i'm having with limho are because he's tightly strung, not the sculpt.

sorry i don't have any exact measurements, i couldn't find my measuring tape ANYWEAR, but i promise that i'll make up a chart very very soon.

and now the pictures! (narin on left, limho on right)

[​IMG]
      limho's inseam is about 5mm longer than narin's.
      they are roughly the same length from groin to shoulder.
      thighs are nearly identical in circumference.
      should wear the same size shoe, given that limho's foot is the same width and only 1mm longer.
      limho's arms are about 3mm longer than narin's.

[​IMG]
      limho's back doesn't always arch like that. you can actually get him to stand up strait, i swear. it's another on e of those things that i'm finding difficult to deal with as he's so tightly strung. but you can see how the arch could be useful for some very graceful poses.
      narin's back is stick straight like forrest gump after he broke out of his leg braces.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      narin has a tendency to lean back a bit when he assumes a sitting position. it's particularly difficult when he's fully dressed.
      limho has these handy little notches in the backs of his upper thighs that actually hook into his buttocks, as well as at the back of his torso, allowing him to assume a very natural sitting position.

[​IMG]
      i find the tilt of limho's body much more natural.

[​IMG]
      for funnies.

[​IMG]
      oh. and limho can stand on one foot. my narin can't, though tanya has told me that hers can.

there are pros and cons to both of these figures. i can't just plop limho on the table and have him standing like a champ. i can absolutely do this with narin. but overall i have to say i've become partial to limho. i think he has a lot of potential (if a tiny dinky).

14. fantastic review, I have just got a Narin and have a Limho and can vouch for the differences. They both have their good and bad points body wise, Limho feels more delicate to me but is a much better poser, whilst Narin is more sturdy and has the quality of posing like a Unoa boy has, really good. I love Narin and Limhos together! They look excellent.

15. It's actually really relieving to me to see one of the dolls that has spent "hours in the brutal Arizona sun". I don't know if the camera picks up everything, so your Narin might be way more yellow on display, but from here it looks like it's a fairly natural color, only a little more yellow than your average warm-toned person as opposed to the pinky-white of the original French resin. So I'm not too worried about the yellowing. No day-glo dolls.

16. And can you tell me, which Narindoll resin color matches Limhwa resin colour best?

17. pinkywhite narin. pinkywhite limhwa. it's not perfect perfect. but it is definitely close enough.

these are both pinkywhite.

18. ...bump....