1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Fairyland Minifee Bodies.

Apr 22, 2010

1. Hey guys!! I'm just curious of what you guys think of the Fairyland Minifees! I adore them, and I think they are gorgeously sculpted and wonderfully posable! But I do see one tiny inconvenience in the Minifee, and that is it's leg/hip joint. Those extra cups under the hip is the only thing that bothers me. It makes me wonder if Fairyland will eventually alter the Minifee body to look like the Littlefee body. The Littlefee bodies are PERFECT! I LOVEE THEMM!! They have the most natural bodies of all the BJD's I've searched. I may be overreacting, and acting a bit picky lol, but I think the Minifees would look PERFECT with the Littlefee hip/leg joint system. What do you guys think?

2. There's the Minifee Discussion thread over Here where you can find lots of minifee owners and their dolls, myself included. ^^

Those cups actually keep my girl standing really well, and they don't bother me too much.

3. I just ordered a Minifee because I love the body! I haven't gotten a chance to play with one yet though. What is that little extra hip part even for? Does it help with posing, or is it just to give the hips a smoother silhouette..?

4. Crap, I'm so bad at this. I'm sorry I keep posting in the wrong spot. Anyway, I agree that they help the Minifees pose awesomely, but the Littlefees pose just as well without the cups. Maybe it's the size that allows them to disregard the cups? Still, I do love the Minifees, I LOVE THEM, I just have stupid pet peeves that cause me to be anal about the cups. lol

5. I'm sure it's for the posing. lol But, I do feel like it makes the legs look less natural then the Littlefees (but the Minifee is still gorgeous) Here, look at the Minifee--->http://dollfairyland.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD10&choose2=&choose1=&ID=2 Do you see the cups? Now look at the Littlefee---> http://dollfairyland.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD11&choose2=&choose1=&ID=2 See what I mean?

6. No worries, the forum takes a bit of getting used to, but it's possible your thread will get moved by the mods.

It's kinda hard to see on those pics some of the details of the cups, so hopefully someone can get you a picture, but there's sort of an outward sideways "D" shape that fits into that part of the cup you can barely see curved inward. That's what tends to hold it in place. That slides around so your doll can rotate their legs and provides some extra friction to help hold it. The LittleFees have a joint a bit lower that the Minifees have. I'm not sure why it's two different styles, perhaps they work better for the different leg structures, but I believe that part does something very similar.

7. One of my friends had told me that the cup is on the inside for the Littlefees, or at least something like it, and that it works the same way as the Minifees. Making the only difference it's visibility. I actually think that eventually the Minifee will be altered so that it looks like the Littlefee. Like an update or something. But it will probably be more expensive and, if it ever does happen, cause everyone to buy the new body resulting in more money for them. lol Oh well, I would totally waste my money on it. lol