1. Please review the following thread.
    Please review DoA's Rules
    Dismiss Notice

Oct 19, 2009

1. First off, I'd just like to say that I've had absolutely no issues with Gretch110 with this transaction so far. She has been a wonderful commissioner and incredibly patient with me. I'm just a little concerned as to her whereabouts.

I currently have Gretchen's Sard body, horns, and her Elf Chiwoo head. I've had them since earlier this year for extensive aesthetics work, totalling $300. I contacted her about a month ago stating that I'd finished all her commissions and was ready for payment/return shipping. However, she hasn't been online since early August of this year, and I was just wondering if anyone has been in contact with her offline? I sent her an email via DoA's system, but I got no response to that either.

Like I said, Gretch110 has been superb, and I'm not under the illusion that she is avoiding me what-so-ever as she wasn't online for the better part of 5 weeks before I PM'ed her. I'm just worried that everything isn't so well, as I have a very valuable doll here that belongs to her! *_*

I hope everything is okay!
    2. You're right, she was last on the forum 10AUG. She is now Being Paged. Keep this thread updated with resolution.
    3. I've still not heard anything from Gretchen, but another DoA user who lives not too far from her has offered to leave a message with her for me. Hopefully I'll hear from her soon!
      Hope everything is okay!
    4. I've still not heard anything, despite another forum member trying to get in touch with Gretch110 through mail.
      Can anyone suggest further steps for me to take?​

5. Still no contact. Had her doll about a year now...!
    6. Another month, still no news!
    7. Another month, still no news!
    8. Still no contact at all!
    9. No contact made, 16 months after these parts arrived!
    10. I have had a couple of people have sent PMs regarding this case, stating that should a commissioner not re-surface to pay charges, after a period of time, the parts become yours. My only concern is the parts themselves are vastly more valuable than the value of the aesthetics works, and it makes little sense for someone to simply abandon them.

It's been around 18 months since I recieved these parts, and almost a year since said user logged onto their DoA account. I would hold the parts at least another 12 months before even considering selling them to cover my costs, but I've not had any moderator advice on this so I'm not even sure if this is the right thing to do. I think 2 years is long enough for parts to be reclaimed though.
    11. Still no news!
    12. Lynsey ~ The moderators of DoA cannot and do not get involved in Marketplace transactions. From what you've said here, it sounds as though you're doing the right thing and thinking over all the aspects of it and moving in a good direction with your decisions. Best of luck.
    13. Hm... this is kinda worrying. She hasnt updated her my spaceblog, her lifejournal (both *irish pixie*) for a long time.
      Last entry in her my space is a "i miss you" note from one of her friends. Nor has seen been on resinality, controversial doll or houseofresin for a long long time. I am pming you the emailadress that i have. Hope it is not identical to the one you have.
    14. Important Update:

I believe Gretch110 to have passed away in August 2009. After doing some intense searching, I've unfortunately uncovered all her details in her States Obituary.

I've made some final attempts to contact people who I believe to be her close friends, and am awaiting a response in hopes of being able to get in touch with her family regarding her belongings.