1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peakswoods Fairies of Colors Discussion PART VIII

Apr 2, 2018

1. She’s precious!!! I love the hair color your chose for her.

I started a layaway for a Little Rosemii a couple months ago but have since started becoming curious about their bigger dolls. They are all so precious and their faceups are amazing. I’d love to be able to sew for them...

2. I pulled out my Peakswood Goldie to model jewelry for me... I can't believe I've had this beauty for 12 years now! She's WS and her resin has barely yellowed, which is quite impressive. She's still a lovely pale milky color!

[​IMG]
      Peakswood Goldie
      by Cauldroness, on Flickr

I'm particularly proud of this piece; she's not actually wearing earrings! The earring effect is from dangles from the ends of the headband.

I have to say, I miss the old PW bodies. I know they single joints can't pose as well, but I love how petite it is and the delicate little hands. I almost got a tan Goldie last year but aborted at the last minute because I can't get over the new hands being so... big.

3. Cute idea , putting the dangle earrings on the end of the headband @Cauldroness !

My goldie's are both on old bodies too. I wouldn't mind having a newer body but the old ones are still beautiful

4. what is your longest waiting time for peakswoods release your doll? I'm still waiting my summer event doll...

5. I just now received my fob girl from July event order. You may want to ask Peakswoods about the shipping situation, in my case I had to upgrade because regular EMS is not possible from Korea to my country, thanks to corona.

6. She’s beautiful! Wow she looks amazing at 12 years old. Wish time were that kind to me hahah :XD:

That headband is genius! Great way to give the earring effect without having to drill into her ears.

7. @Nora_Shell I waited almost 9 months for my tan Lottie, she had Faceup, flat and heel feet, both sets of hands, and manicure on her special hands (just to give you the idea of how many things they had to do for my specific order!). This was a few years ago now, I think my FoB I got later took around 4-5 months for pink punch and all the same painting/extras.

8. wow, that a long time to wait, thank you for let me know that! I guess I will just wait one more month and see if there any statues update.

9. Has anyone seen the event Peaks Woods is doing? They’re selling limited dolls that they’d been planning on taking to a show. They say on their website that since they’re ready, they’d be shipping in 1-2 weeks.

Anyhow, I just bought a Blue Grey Mona and I’m so excited!!! She’s going to be my first SD sized doll. I’m going to have to get her a wig and eyes much faster than I had anticipated :dance

10. Hi, all! I just ordered my first Peakswoods, a Tristan head in normal skin, and I need help choosing a body! (It’s the one that just sold on the marketplace!) I want to make my Tristan into a boy. The only problem is that I can’t tell if it is a regular or dandy sized head. I think the faceup is default by Peakswoods, so maybe you guys can help identify it by that?
      [​IMG]
      I know I should be asking this AFTER I verify which head size he is, but... Since it seems like the Peakswoods bodies are difficult to get ahold of, what do you recommend? I’d actually prefer shorter proportions than the FOC boy body as I see him as being a grumpy young boy, but it seems like the safest choice in terms of both resin matching and the head fitting. I’ve never done a hybrid before because the thought of investing hundreds of dollars into a body that might not even work is terrifying to me, but if you guide me on other options that‘d work I’d be much more confident about the hybrid choice. I am bidding on an auction for a Peakwoods dandy boy body that ends in the morning, but its price is already higher than I’d like and I’m not 100% positive about the choice enough to keep bidding too much higher. Any advice you can give me within the day would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

11. As far as availability, PW bodies aren’t really difficult to order, just a matter of patience until they have an event again (as things are available regularly throughout the year.)

And for your specific head, the Faceup doesn’t quite look like a PW default Faceup, however I’m more versed in their new painting style. Know how old the head is? Or if you can measure the neck circumference, I can check it against my Troy head who is the open eyed dandy Tristan.

12. Thank you!! That makes me feel a lot better so I’m just gonna give up on the body’s auction and wait for an event. That’s fine if it isn’t the default faceup, the owner wasn’t sure as it’s apparently had many previous owners. I wanna style him based off of the limited White Rabbit Tristan that I loved and almost preordered at the time but felt that his faceup was just a tad too striking for my tastes, so this one works out perfectly! The head is still being shipped to me but I’ll measure the neck as soon as it arrives!! Thanks again! <3

13. Haven‘t posted anything in ages. With so much doll companies who went down it it nice to see that there is still so much love for Peakswoods dolls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeru has the old single joint body. Goldie has the newer Lolita body, which is such an improvement.

14. I just have to gush with people who will be excited with me: I paid off my vampire Mona today! DDE already prepped her shipping label. I'm so excited. I may hVe accidentally (we're gonna go with "accidentally") bought 2oz of this gorgeous ombré suri alpaca to make her wig.

I'm still eye hunting, but for now I went ahead and bought some pretty ones to match her hair from an eye company I've used before. I'm pretty familiar with their proportions so I think their 16mm will fill the eye but keep the smaller iris I like.

I love mixing realistic eyes with stylized dolls. Already debating which girl to get next...

15. Mona!!! That’s awesome, congrats on completing your layaway and her upcoming arrival.

I’m waiting for a Mona to ship too in addition to a Lemon and have Little Rosemii on layaway :sweat. It was hard picking just one! Peak’s Woods dolls grew on me in an unexpected way.

It’s tough to know what accessories to get them without them being home :vein I got molds for 14 mm and 16 mm eyes to see what ends up working.

excited to see pics of your dolly when she arrives!

#355 ittybittykittyz, Dec 8, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    16. Rosemi is on my maybe list. I like Mimi crow also... so many. I've wanted a pw for like a decade so I'm excited to actually hold her in my hands.

also congrats on your girls!! Please share pics of them (especially eye comparisons haha) when you have them all!

17. Guys!!! She's here already! I have to work a lot this week, so she won't be painted for awhile, but she is more beautiful than I imagined she would be. I wish I'd gotten. Pw girl a decade ago! I need a dandy now to pair with her. I shall be watching for them to open the ordering period.

Login • Instagram

18. Awww congrats on her long awaited arrival!!!

19. Such a cutie! That mouth with vampire teeth is perfect!
      I have to take my solace from this thread (and the PW mini thread) since I won't be getting my Dark Elves vampire girl home any time soon. When I placed my order back in July I figured she'll be perfect Christmas present but now I think I'll have to hope she'll be my birthday present next May. :(
      Always happy to see pictures of beautiful PW dolls of course! (I should probably take new pictures of my Rosemii too, she's such a beauty and always look great outdoors when there's snow.)

20. Peeps, the two dolls I bought during the winter event got marked as shipped :dance!

So excited to obsessively track their journey to this side of the world haha.