1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos Product Review

Nov 6, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. ❥ What did you order?
      I ordered Pipos Tin Woodsman and Preppy boy set of clothes. They were shipped together despite being ordered on different dates. Pipos was very awesome and refunded me the second shipping cost.

❥ When did you order?
      I ordered...2013-04-28 and 2013-06-20

❥ Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely! The quality of the doll and outfit are both fantastic! I couldn't believe how well Tin Man posed even with all of his intricate parts and details. The colouring on his body is absoultely stunning and mimics the tin material very well in both texture and colour! His face-up is extremely beautiful and very colorful.

❥ Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes very much!

❥ Were you satisfied with the product?
      Extremely.

❥ Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

Positives
      - Extremely cute doll
      Great Posing (Some poses are limited due to the way he is structured, but he still has a lot more range than most dolls I have handled)
      Wonderful face-up and extremely detailed for such a low price
      Little to no visible seams
      Inexpensive for such a beautiful little doll

Negatives - Head cap doesn't stay on as well as I would like. Must be careful with it.
      Pipos eye putty is not my favorite to work with. It's slightly pasty, but still works great! A lot easier to position the eyes with it than other putties though. (:

❥ Would you buy more from this company?
      Definetely!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. * What did you order?

A Pipos (Pale Yellow) Basic Tomo.

* When did you order?

2013-02-07 (February 7th, 2013)

I love frog and toad BJDs, so yes! Was it ever!

I always order my dolls without face-ups, so technically no. However, his sculpt is dead-on!

Absolutely!

The posing capability of the Tomo is somewhat limited because of the shape of the feet, hands and hip.

His legs can't bend outward. (Since some people like to be able to put their girls into the "feet bent out to the side" pose.)

He also doesn't have any special joints in his chest, so he can't tilt from side to side like some other very intricate BJDs can.

However, he's still beautifully crafted, and he is able to pull off all of the poses that I require of him. It just takes a little patience and a lot of passion!

I'm also happy to announce that Pipos was very quick to respond to Q&A and that the casting/shipping time was satisfactory.

Oh my, yes. In fact, I already have! And not only that, but now I'm trying to resist a Limited Edition Orange Cheese Mouse! (If they happen to come out with a Yellow Roggie, wallet tears will be shed.)

4. * What did you order?
      A Violet Cheese Mouse, two wigs (PO11-W014 & PO11-W011) and a Very Very Special Limited Event Cheese Mouse!

* When did you order?
      29th of July for the Violet Mouse & wigs, 6th of August for the Special Mouse. Pipos very kindly let me combine my orders too! My items shipped 12th of September!

Yes! Everything was very high quality. The wigs are gorgeous, incredibly soft and easy to style. The mice are strung perfectly, hold poses well and don't have a single seam line (or sanding scuff)!

Violet Mouse's colour is incredibly rich and vibrant. Much brighter than the pictures show! In fact all the colours were strong and bright! My Very Very Special Mouse is -exactly- how I asked it to be made, all the colours were in all the right places! :whee:

Yes, yes and YES!

I really do love my little mice, they are the perfect size to come along travelling out and about or sneak into work! They don't have lots of small magnetic parts that can fall off, and they don't have wigs that will get mussed or clothing to get crinkled! Their solid and relatively simple engineering makes them fun and easy to pose~ :) I don't plan to 'clothe' my mice very much, but for those that might Cheese seems to be an odd size a little smaller than Lati Yellow/PKF but bigger than Puki/Lati White, so finding clothes may be a challenge. The fringe on PO11-W014 is a little long too, but that's not really a complaint; and the magnet on the tail of my Special Mouse popped out very quickly too, but that was easily fixed with some superglue. :3

Certainly! Their dolls are charming and reasonably priced, and their customer service is fantastic! I think I've become a real Pipos fan! :D

[​IMG]
      Say "CHEESE" by ~bandersnatch, on Flickr

5. * What did you order? Limited yellow Tomo
      * When did you order? Umm... January or February 2013. Arrived 1Apr13.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Indubitably.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) He's tiny, but not too tiny. He seems to have improved movement/posing over the first frogs released - the Roggies.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes. And have just ordered a snow cheese mouse with friend! ^__^

[​IMG]
      Tad - Pipos yellow Tomo by aernath, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Tad - Pipos Tomo by aernath, on Flickr

6. * What did you order? White Cheshire Pang.
      * When did you order? August 2016.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not sure.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, 100% happy.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)- The resin is a nice smooth clean white and the string tension is spot on. The make up is done perfectly and the paws and feet have some cute little detailing. The clothes were nicely made and the style works really well with the character of the doll. Also despite being very top heavy with the large head and small feet it is possible for the doll to stand up on it's own (though it is easy to knock/fall over so best left sitting or leaning against something). Due to the short limbs posing is quite limited but there's a few cute poses that it can be put in. I found the tail magnet had fallen out when it arrived but it was super easy to re-glue it back in.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes, i'd like to get one of the junior pangs to keep this one company :D

[​IMG]

#6 Epicari, Dec 5, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    7. I hope it's okay to post my review. I know the thread is a bit old but thought it'd be nice to post since there doesn't seem to be a lot on this company. :)

* What did you order?

Isabel 60cm basic gray with face up

* When did you order?

Oct 2nd from DDE

Mostly. I'd say 7/10. She was nearly $600.

I was a little bit surprised at how large her head is! I knew it was larger than normal, but it looks like one of those cutesy YoSD heads on an SD body. It took a little bit to get used to, lol.

The sales photos are done really masterfully so the head looks more proportional to the body. Otherwise she's what I expected to get.

Mostly.

Pros:

-- Gorgeous face up with the brush strokes imitating real fur
      -- A sweet, but not juvenile, look on her face that gives off a welcoming vibe <3
      -- Uses a faceplate instead of a head cap. The cap has strong magnets. The part the head cap attaches to is pretty small, so getting clothes on and off is easy. She looks cute in lots of different outfits, by the way!
      -- Legs pose super well
      -- Feels solid and durable
      -- Fun to handle, for the most part: stringing isn't too tight or loose, clothes are easy to change, and her sweet facial expression will melt your heart

Cons:

-- If you were hoping for a head that's more proportional to the body, you might want to pass on this one
      -- AWFUL poser outside of the legs. Her arms can only bend 90 degrees on their own (you can bend them closer to her face yourself, but they won't stay anywhere close). It's a challenge to get her to stand because her legs and feet seem to want to stay close together.
      -- Be careful about the wrists because you can "pop" the hands loose if you push on them too hard. If you do this, rotate the wrist joint to a neutral position and gently push the hand down onto the joint while pulling the hand away from her body. There's some sort of groove the hand needs to fall back into.

Yes, but no more SDs! I'm afraid of getting another out-of-proportion head. ;)

8. * What did you order?
      Snow Charlotte 30 cm

* When did you order?

November 29, 2020, shipped December 24th, 2020! Received a little over two weeks later.

Yes, very much so.

Yes, and even better.

I totally am!

Positives: Beautiful face up and a great poser. The clothing is very well made.
      Negatives: One nit pic is the magnet is not inbedded in the body, so I have to tape the magnet to her butt to attached the tail. Not really a big deal, just would be more convenient.

Definitely! I wish they would make some MSD sized dolls, I'm hoping they will soon!