Problem Transaction Between Azukiredbean & Staria - RESOLVED

Jan 8, 2011

1. I'm putting this up as a form of liability for myself and my money. I understand it's not a huge amount of money, the sum total of the transaction is $3.50USD, however, I am mostly offended and disturbed by the attitude of the seller, Azukiredbean, and the absolutely poor manner he/she (I am saying he/she, because there were several occasions where they said my husband/my wife, so I'm not sure how many people are using this account) has handled this transaction thus far.

All I want is my money back for the items I did not receive. It's very simple what I ask for.

I really didn't want this issue to escalate to this point, but considering how uncooperative this seller is being - I am left with no choice. I have already filed a dispute with Paypal, in hopes that I will get my money back and this will be resolved quickly.

Monday, December 27th, 2010
      I contacted Azukiredbean regarding 8mm Acrylic eyes that he/she had for sale on December 27th, 2010 at 5:26PM.

They replied at 5:36PM (same day) with their Paypal and total cost, which was $3.50USD.

I paid immediately afterward through Paypal. I sent him/her a message letting them know about my payment, along with my address.

Since I had paid on Monday, I was expecting to receive the envelope within 3-5 business days, so I was expecting my doll's eyes on either Friday or Saturday, at the latest (which would have been December 31st/January 1st). I realized it was mixed holidays those days, so I was hoping to get it on the 3rd - at the latest. I understood mail ran late during those times.

Saturday, January 1, 2011
      I had not contacted Azukiredbean since December 27th, and I decided to send them a follow up message, around 11:16PM:
      This is where the problem started.

I received this reply:
      I'll admit, I was a little bit annoyed at this. I had had ZERO communication with this person since December 27th, and not once did they inform me that they would be unable to send me the eyes until the 3rd (7 days after payment). I replied with the following:
      He/She replied with this, which I did not appreciate; as I believe I was being very courteous and professional during the entire transaction so far:
      At this point, when being accused of giving the seller a hard time (when I'm only inquiring about the status of my items); I replied the following:
      For the record, this person had been logging onto DoA since December 27th, so they had plenty of time to send me a message letting me know the status of my items. They bump their thread almost everyday, so obviously their personal problems weren't enough to intervene...

Their final reply was the following, on January 2nd (in the early morning):

Thursday, January 6th, 2011
      I had not received anything in the mail, at this point. Obviously I'm already annoyed with their poor communication, and just want my eyes to arrive. I decided to followup on my items, once again.
      They replied:
      I did not reply to their message, hoping to receive my eyes in the next few days.

Friday, January 7, 2010
      I check my mail this morning, really hoping for my doll's eyes today, and I'm stunned by what I receive in the mail. I was absolutely LIVID, and I could NOT believe what I was seeing. I immediately took photographs of the envelope and the missing items in said envelope.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/tammiekittie/8mmeyes01.png
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/tammiekittie/8mmeyes02.png
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/tammiekittie/8mmeyes03.png
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/tammiekittie/8mmeyes04.png

Out of the 4 eyes that I was supposed to get, I only got 1...along with an empty bag and shards of what seemed to be broken glass. I was absolutely furious, so I took the liberty of contacting the seller - in hopes that they would be able to return my money for the ridiculous junk they sent me.

I mailed them the following:
      Their reply:
      Number one, why would I have ANY reason WHATSOEVER, to blackmail a person I don't even know? Why would I take the time out of MY day to do all this for some tiny acrylic eyes, which I had NO problem paying for? Especially considering it's $3.50? REALLY? I was absolutely BOILING at the horrific accusation and utterly ghastly business etiquette from this person.

My Reply:
      This conversation went back and forth many times...

2. Saved, editing with more details...

3. (Guess I can't edit here, sorry.)

Azukiredbead:
      Staria:
      Azukiredbead:
      Staria:
      Azukiredbean:
      Staria:
      Azukiredbean:
      Staria (I lost my cool at this point):
      After finally losing my cool, I received this response:
      I'm really speechless at this point. This person gave me so many problems, and so many issues, and accused me so falsely of lying about the items I received - I'm simply horrified at the fact that they didn't want anyone to know about this.

My reply:
      Their response:
      My Final Reply:
      My concern at this point is their false feedback they are going to leave. Accusing me of keeping the eyes and asking for my money back, is absolutely appalling. I don't know how much more evidence I could supply, to make these people understand that their poor packaging and lack of communication is the main reason I'm writing this. Even though I have recieved my money back, they STILL expect me to send back FOUR eyes - which I DO NOT HAVE and they are leaving false negative feedback because I complained?

I don't think this is fair, and I don't deserve that feedback. I paid promtly, I only asked them for the status of my eyes every few days - and I didn't bother them at all until this point.

I don't know what else to do, please help. :\

4. What I am mostly appaled by is the fact that I have never met a buyer whom has given me so much attitude especially over the fact that it took me a few days to send it out because of the holidays. This sentence right here

"I understand personal/family/holiday issues, but I was able to send out large packages during the holidays; even though I was having problems of my own as well"

really upset me, because first of all I am not her. I have my own problems and my own shipping schedules. I have dealt with sellers before that haven't shipped out to me for a whole week. I was trying to be as polite as I possibly could but I really felt that she was giving me an attitude. I clearly stated in my sales thread that the shipping would be the price of an envelope and stamp. I am a man thankyou, my wife and I share a paypal account, and I also want to state that I am the only one using this account I am very aware of the rules, just like any other married couple there are days that one person will do the errands.

the reason I had asked her if she wanted a refund is I had a very bad feeling about this buyer the moment I felt that she was giving me attitude, I really should have just refunded here there but I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. I packaged those eyes in a plastic bag and with paper, it may have happened during transit..

however it is very hard for me to believe that during transit a hole got into the envelope, through the paper, through the plastic baggie and to the eyes inside.

I understand that she took pictures but it just doesn't add up to me that a small hole in the envelope would go all the way through to rest of it. anyways after being extremely frustrated and I realize I could have used some better choice words I refunded her because she immediately refused to send the eyes back claiming she didn't have them, and also immediately opening up a paypal claim, saying she would go to the moderators and also saying she'd take this to higher authority, over me being frustrated and 3.50 that I immediately refunded her after all of her rude messages. I feel like she is really trying to screw me over. it doesn't add up to me and it really doesn't seem right. I have a good name on DOA and I don't need it tarnished over something so small.

5. I told you that I wanted what you had to send back, plain and simple please do not try to act as though you are completely innocent in this.

6. hide the transaction from others what are you talking about?

7. What I am mostly appaled by is the fact that I have never met a buyer whom has given me so much attitude especially over the fact that it took me a few days to send it out because of the holidays. This sentence right here

"I understand personal/family/holiday issues, but I was able to send out large packages during the holidays; even though I was having problems of my own as well"

really upset me, because first of all I am not her. I have my own problems and my own shipping schedules. I have dealt with sellers before that haven't shipped out to me for a whole week. I was trying to be as polite as I possibly could but I really felt that she was giving me an attitude. I clearly stated in my sales thread that the shipping would be the price of an envelope and stamp. I am a man thankyou, my wife and I share a paypal account, and I also want to state that I am the only one using this account I am very aware of the rules, just like any other married couple there are days that one person will do the errands.

the reason I had asked her if she wanted a refund is I had a very bad feeling about this buyer the moment I felt that she was giving me attitude, I really should have just refunded here there but I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. I packaged those eyes in a plastic bag and with paper, it may have happened during transit..

however it is very hard for me to believe that during transit a hole got into the envelope, through the paper, through the plastic baggie and to the eyes inside.

I understand that she took pictures but it just doesn't add up to me that a small hole in the envelope would go all the way through to rest of it. anyways after being extremely frustrated and I realize I could have used some better choice words I refunded her because she immediately refused to send the eyes back claiming she didn't have them, and also immediately opening up a paypal claim, saying she would go to the moderators and also saying she'd take this to higher authority, over me being frustrated and 3.50 that I immediately refunded her after all of her rude messages. I feel like she is really trying to screw me over. it doesn't add up to me and it really doesn't seem right. I have a good name on DOA and I don't need it tarnished over something so small.

I am so stressed out over this that its making me sick to my stomach. I was going to even leave her positive feedback I was hoping that she would at least spare me the negative feedback if I gave her the refund but instead after the refund she gave me negative feedback and opened a problem transaction

it was just her overall attitude that really set me off from this especially when she sent me her notification that she recieved the item she could have done this in a much more mature and friendly manner, I realize that I went off on her but this was after getting a lot of attitude from her to begin with

I want my money back. Simple as that.

The envelope I received today was an absolute joke. I've been patient, especially with the shipping time, but what I received in the mail today was absolutely ridiculous and I want my money back.

I really don't want to escalate this into a Problem Transaction, but considering how horrifically unsatisfied I am with this entire transaction - I will take the precautionary steps to remedy this.

"As a seller myself, I would have secured the package - and at least sent out with some kind of protection. The ONE out of four eyes I was supposed to receive was damages - it was scratched and foggy. The envelope itself smelled horrible. All I got in the mail today was trash. I'm so livid, but I'm hoping that you, as a seller, will take the steps to fix this and give me my money back"

if you want to see more emails I will place them in here, I have already contacted 4 moderators over this because of the distress I was feeling.. and I felt I was badgered into immediately giving her a refund before she even sent me the evidence back.. please help?

8. When did I give you attitude? That's my question. All I did was followup and ask for the status of the package. I did not once give you an attitude, outside of asking you for the status of my package. If you don't want people asking you for the status of their package, when you should make that clear in your sales thread. All the posts above are copy and pasted from direct messages. So you tell me where I gave you attitude.

I am innocent. You are accusing me of lying about the eyes, when I have photographic evidence of the items I received and what I didn't receive. Why would I have a reason to lie about the items, when all I wanted was the eyes for my doll? I would have only sent you a, "Thanks, I got them." if everything had been fine - but it wasn't. All I got was 1 eyes, glass and an empty bag. It's YOUR fault for not securing the packaging and not making sure that the bag/envelope didn't have HOLES in it.

The plastic bag had a slit in it (which I can take a picture of), and the envelope had a gaping hole on the side. Why in God's name would I do all this just to get back $3.50? I spend more money on food, for Christ's sake.

9. Staria ~ What is the resolution you would like?

10. I got my refund, but they want the 4 eyes back. I want them to understand that I do not have the eyes, as I did not receive them. If they want me to send them back, I want them to understand that I will only send 1 eye, 2 shards of glass, and an empty plastic bag; since there is nothing else. If at all possible, I'd like something done about the horrific and accusatory feedback they left me, too (though I understand if nothing can be done in that department).

11. For the record, I have tried looking for the eyes in my house. I have checked my mailbox, outside, on the table, EVERYWHERE - and there are no eyes anywhere. Those were lost before they arrived, because of the poor condition of the envelope and packaging.

12. No I have had people ask me statuses all the time and they have never been rude to me about it stating that you could send out packages during the holidays but that is you no one life is the same, there is something called empathy, you saw I had positive feedback but you still gave me an attitude, my choice words were not the best but you were refusing to send me back the eyes, I don't care what you send back even if it is the evidence but the fact that you refused my policy was another thing that upset me, everywhere in the world you have to send back the item to get your refund its just common sense because people can easily damage an item or claim that it is damaged and get their money back as well as keep the item it happens all the time. you didn't even give me a chance to work anything out with you, I know you were upset about them being damaged but you were not in the very least polite about it you pretty much screamed at me over the computer first of all so of course I would be frustrated and angry maybe i could have said things better but for you to be rude and yell at me and say that the envelope stunk just mentioning the smell of an envelope is very ridiculous. how do you know the smell was even from my home? Its just that I expect someone to be polite and ask for a refund because things can easily happen during transit, but something to me about this transaction doesn't add up simply becuase of your overall attitude. When someone's doll comes in the mail with a broken finger they don't send an offensive email to the company at least I wouldn't hope so, i am sorry but as a buyer you should have been more polite about working out a refund with me instead of making me appear to be some disgusting bad guy. taking everything to the extreme even after I refunded you.. it just doesn't seem right

13. my feedback was left becuase of your overall attitude the feedback that placed never said you were a lier or a bad person so I feel that it should not be removed...

14. I wish my feedback was a little nicer too I mean, she is telling other people not to buy from me.. is that necessary?

15. Again, point out where I gave you an attitude. Your throwing words around, but text cannot interpret a tone. If you took it as me giving you an attitude, that's not my problem. Please point out where I gave you an attitude. I said I would send you the items I received, but you continued to ask for 4 eyes - when I told you I only received trash. Yeah, the envelope smells...it still smells, sitting in front of me. I'm just pointing out the condition of it. If that really offended you so much, then I'm sorry for being honest.

16. Feedback in the Individual Feedback threads has been removed - this thread is sufficient for members to "get a feeling" regarding both of you as buyers and sellers.

This thread is going to be locked and marked as resolved now.

17. I wanted to make a note after I agreed with Staria that I would give her a refund if she returned to me what she had received in the mail, She had said on the problem transaction that she had no problem doing so, unfortunately today I received an envelope in the mail, that had my previous envelope I had mailed out, the note I had written to her and the baggie that was sent out. However I want to make a note that she was supposed to return the 8mm eye that she had, but she did not. that was the agreement that if I were to refund her she had to return all of the items that I sent her, she told me that the other eyes had been lost but there was still a 8mm eye left over that she did not send back. This may not seem like a big deal however it is in my return policy that items must be returned to me for a full refund, I refunded her before she even returned it to me, to end the problem situation, but she did not live up to her end of the agreement keeping the eye to herself.. I will be posting evidence of what I received in the mail today.

18. [​IMG]
      100_0440 by Azukiredbean, on Flickr

I want to also say, that I know it was a mistake to send it out that way, even if it was wrapped up I've learned from that now but that doesn't excuse the fact that she failed to send the eye to me, and also I want to say that I smelled that envelope I sent her and it doesn't have a smell at all so I do not know why she would say that it stunk.