Problem Transaction with Amaira Rose - Inadequate Shipping and Withholding Goods

Oct 22, 2009

1. I have tried to resolve this issue via PM, so I now regret I must make this matter public between me and Brittany/Amaira Rose.

Here is everything that was wrong with this shipment:
      1. Long delay in shipping
      2. Poor communication for the reason of the delay
      3. No shipping grade box was used - shipped only in Soom doll box
      4. White zipper body cushion was not included - I paid for majority of split and purchased the body
      5. One sheet of bubblewrap was used between bottom of box and doll
      6. There is a huge gash in the bottom of the box
      7. The doll's body is smudged and scratched (no, the arrows in the pics are not pointing to the seam lines)
      8. Additional doll hand was included

I am asking for the the white zipper body cushion to be shipped to me and for the $30 shipping to be refunded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Here is the communication trail from where the problems started:

Sept 25th

Sept 27th
      Oct 2nd
      Oct 4th
      Oct 5th
      Oct 5th
      Oct 9th - This was a general email from Brittnay and not sent just to me
      Oct 15th

3. Oct 16th
      Oct 20th
      Oct 20th
      Oct 20th
      Oct 20th
      Oct 22nd
      Oct 22nd

4. When and how did this transaction take place? Amaira Rose has been Banned from the DoA Marketplace since June.

5. I split the Soom Amber with her in January. They took a rather long time to ship.

6. Actually, I need to edit the above. It was the beginning of March.

7. Thank you for clarifying. Please keep this updated with Resolution.

8. Oct 22
      Oct 22nd

9. Mods, I am not involved with this transaction, BUT I am the face-up artist that received this body and witnessed it's condition first hand and brought it to the attention of my client Emberens. I just wanted to clarify how the body arrived to me and why I felt it was necessary for Emberens to be re-compensated for its condition.

First off: the body was shipped in the Soom doll box instead of the doll box being placed in the outer brown Soom shipping box [Or a similar box as well]. Due to how flimsy doll boxes are, it did arrive to me torn completely on the bottom. I can stick my entire forearm into this hole to give some perspective on how big of an opening it allows for items to fall out. The only outer cover for the box was some postal brown wrapping paper which had a few tears as well by the time it arrived. Some of the smaller delicate resin parts were placed in tiny bubble wrap baggies and placed inside the box. When I was inspecting all of the parts, I noticed one hand [Amaira's hand she left in the box] was sitting under the faun leg parts. If the outer paper had ripped as well small parts like the hand could have easily fallen out of the hole at the bottom. [Not to mention snap under the weight of the heavier resin parts]

Second: She did arrived without the Soom zipper cushion. Now I don't know the policy on splits, but I'd say if I was paying a majority of the amount to cover the split [ie body] for the doll, than the person with the body should be given the item from the company to protect said body during shipment. However, that probably is not a policy or a rule, however if Amaira Rose was NOT going to include the zipper cushion with the body than the body should have been more adequately protected and been more secured in that box.

^When I picked up the box that day I felt a very bulky item protruding from that rip on the bottom. After I had finally opened the box, I found the body sitting at the bottom of the box.Those air packs had shifted to the corner of the box and under her legs. If you take a look at the second picture which was the first picture I took, that is what she looked like when I opened the box and all the newspaper, and air packs were easily removed without me having to pick up the body to get them. The entire body as a whole was only wrapped in ONE sheet of bubble wrap. The arms/legs did have bubble wrap around them, but she was not wrapped in three sheets, the 4th picture down is how much bubble wrap I unwrapped off the body and the pieces around the arms. It's still not adequate enough protection when you have heavy resin parts sliding around the box.

Lastly: The body did come to me dirty. There were smudges on the chest piece, her torso her arms, legs, thighs, and I found a lot of fibers and specs in between joints as well. I tried my best with pictures, but my camera's flash washes out the smudges. It is in no way a difficulty to clean, and I will do that for Emberens free of charge, however, I feel the body was much more dirty than the split leader said to have come from shipping material. If the shipping material was responsible for the smudges and fibers everywhere, than it should have not been used. I find it inexcusable to ship a brand new doll dirty regardless of the material used.

I have not touched the doll since it's opening. If more photos are needed I can provide them.

~Natalie

10. After a day of waiting for feedback:

Oct 24th