1. Please review the following thread.
    Please review DoA's Rules
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Problem Transaction with SkunkMight - RESOLVED

Jun 20, 2011

1. I am documenting our transaction, here, from this point onwards, in hopes that having it written out in public will insure that it goes smoothly until its close. I do not want any more problems with this. I need this sale to be reliable.

I met SkunkMight on this board when she offered to buy my Euclase through Layaway on the Marketplace. Because of the rapport and relationship I've established with her over this lengthy time period, it really saddens me to do this. I do value her as a friend, and I hope that this transaction will not effect us in the long run. But for now, SkunkMight's consistent inability to follow through with her own set payment dates has not only had a negative impact on my finances (if I do not get a payment from her soon, I will not be able to transfer funds to my bank enough to pay rent, which she is aware I have been using her sale for as income towards), but leaving me feeling like I am being taken advantage of, as well. Please allow me to elaborate.

All real life names have been removed from the any of the messages (except mine) I am about to post for privacy concerns of both parties. I will not post all the 58 messages (and counting) that she'd sent me, nor the 54 (and counting) that I've sent her. I will try my best to post an abridged version of events, with some messages as evidence. If more examples are needed by any party involved, including myself, SkumMight, or a Moderator, I have all our correspondences and will gladly post -all- messages to them, should it be required of me:

On 01-05-2011 03:04 PM, I received a PM from SkunkMight about the Euclase that I was selling on the Marketplace. This was her initial message.:

The message was brief and non-descript, so over the next while, we negotiated over PM the terms of her Layaway.:

Me, 01-05-2011 06:33 PM:

Her, 01-06-2011 12:35 AM:

Her next message after that, 01-06-2011 01:05 AM:

Of course, this all sounds quite agreeable to me, so we settled on a preliminary arrangement of 1500.00 USD for the doll, 25.00 for the Limited Abadon wig, and shipping, which was to be determined at a later date. At the time, I needed the majority of the money by a certain time to pay my student fees (I was attending college for the first time) and I did make that clear to her in later PMs. She gave me a layaway plan.:

Her, 01-06-2011 01:45 AM:

I had a very close friend of mine who had wanted my doll, first. But, because I needed the money for school (which I calculated from SkunkMight's PMs would be all to me by around May 7th, including all shipping fees), I decided to trust SkunkMight, whose feedback was solid and whom could pay faster than my friend (though I regret the choice, now!), and waited until the 15th for a down payment on Euclase.

Now, I was not at the time (and am still not) the only person/company that SkunkMight was having transactions with. She told me during our conversations following the 6th that she had another Layaway, a Soom Monzo, with a girl on the forum. On the 12th, I get a message from SkunkMight regarding her Layaway with me.:

Her, 01-12-2011 05:41 AM:

Me, 01-13-2011 12:04 AM:

I was worried about my school fee payments, which were looming on me, but I patiently awaited SkunkMight's response, anyway.:

Her, 01-13-2011 09:46 AM:

We talk about it, and on the 15th, the day she was supposed to put down a payment, I get this message:

Her, 01-15-2011 04:31 AM:

Now, this should have also been an indicator that there would be financial problems between us, because not long after I gave her my consent to postpone the first payment of my doll in favour of her Soom Monzo, I get this message:

Her, 01-15-2011 05:07 AM:

At the time, I was happy for her, but a part of me wondered where she'd get the money to put down the cash on both of her new dolls on Layaway that were not mine (the Monzo and NS Euclase from Soom), and still manage to pay for my Euclase. I reasoned that she probably would use money from her next paycheque to pay both myself and Soom. To put my worries to rest, I asked her when I could expect to see a payment from her.:

Her, 01-15-2011 08:53 PM:

Satisfied, I let her be and waited.

[Part 1/5]
    2. The 18th of January comes and goes. I decide to wait a week before I contact her. Without my prompting, I get another message from her four days later.:

Her, 01-22-2011 11:44 AM:

Still concerned for student fees, and a little suspicious (to be honest), I send her a reply the next day, when I log onto the website.:

Me, 01-23-2011 06:47 AM:

Now, I'll also say this at this point. As an act of good will to my new friend, I offered to hot glue suede the Euclase for her, which 'til this day, I have not done. At the time, it was because I was in the midst of my school semester and swamped, but later on, it was because I doubted that she would carry through with the transaction. I still plan to suede the doll before shipping, but I just wanted to clarify that no, I have not done this yet.

I get this response to my message:

Her, 01-23-2011 06:52 AM:

Me, 01-23-2011 07:02 AM:

Her, 01-23-2011 07:09 AM:

Once again reassured that I would get paid, and feeling sorry for her workplace situation, we got back to talking. It's then I'm presented with this information, when I inquire about a new doll that I've noticed she received during the time period I was to be paid.:

Her, 01-23-2011 07:29 AM:

The doll that arrived '4 days ago' didn't bother me so much -- she could have easily paid off a Layaway long before we'd started talking! - but what I found strange was that her parents/friends had bought her not one, but two more dolls (and not small purchases, either!) for the birthday that she initially said she'd be paying me by. I kept quiet about this, thinking that she was just an incredibly lucky girl, and quietened the suspicions in my mind. I waited, then, for my next payment.

Sure enough, the time comes.:

Her, 02-04-2011 04:21 AM:

I, at this point, also have other transactions to worry about.:

Me, 02-04-2011 04:47 AM:

3. Her, 02-04-2011 05:02 AM:

I am not going to mention, at this point, all the other dolls I see her buying (and Waiting Rooms I see her joining), as I have a non-specific time period all for all these other dolls and their arrivals, and don't have evidence to say that she bought them over my doll. I have just come under the opinion that this is what actually happened, though she concocts elaborate excuses otherwise, and then tells me about any new doll that comes that they are gifts from her friends/family. (But again, if they were, why would they not help her with a Layaway that she has seen trouble with?)

I wait for resolution on her family job situation. Two weeks pass. I send her a message on the 19th, and she responds the next day.:

Her, 02-20-2011 02:53 AM:

Cheered by this, with my student fees paid by a government agency who vouches to help me, and most of Layaways inconsolable, (I cancel two of them over this time period, but neither seller is rude to me or leaves me flakey feedback, thank goodness.) I send her a response and wait for payment. Two weeks pass again.:

Her, 03-02-2011 11:08 AM:

I am livid when I get this message. Since it is my birthday in four days, and I am swamped in school work, I ignore it and wait to clear my head, deciding what I should do. At this point, we've exchanged many messages and I feel obligated to sell her the doll out of friendship. On the 9th, I am prompted to reply to her, and I decide to be honest and send her my response.:

Her, 3-09-2011 06:29 AM:

Me, 03-09-2011 05:54 PM:

Her, 03-10-2011 02:11 AM:

Honestly, if there is any fault I hold in this transaction, it was that I should have taken that exit and left her flakey feedback during those first messages in March. Because she was my friend, I decided to just try and stick it out. Over this time period, she takes place in more orders for dolls (if you check her Thread history, she's created quite a few company waiting rooms) and I do not here back from her for weeks. My term ends and a new one is starting up. I need the money.

4. I message her.:

Me, 03-28-2011 08:44 PM:

Her, 03-29-2011 12:36 AM:

Me, 03-30-2011 07:18 AM:

Her, 03-30-2011 07:25 AM:

Me, 04-04-2011 05:16 AM:

Her, 04-05-2011 04:27 AM:

The 12th rolls by and no money.

Me, 04-14-2011 04:06 AM:

Her, 04-14-2011 04:22 AM:

Her, 04-14-2011 04:59 AM, after the first payment of 250.00 USD is sent to me, finally!:

She also mentions somewhere that she bought Emerald King Chalco.

5. So, to date, she's bought an Emerald King Chalco, and a Juri 2010 (in NS, which she has received by this date in June), but that's not all I find out.:

Her, 04-14-2011 05:38 AM:

First off, she says now that she bought her own Sphaler. Nevermind the other dolls she is purchasing at the time (the new ones, I thought were alright to buy at this point because, as she'd said, she'd gotten a new job, and who am I to police what she spends her money on, as long as I get paid?), but that her story about her dolls is starting to become inconsistent.

I am happy she has paid money, but am a bit uneasy, worried that the other payments might not go alright. At this point we've established that there should be a 200.00 dollar payment every two weeks, (even though I have asked her for a firm, dated Layaway plan by this point, which she still has not done) so I decide to hold my breath and see what happens.

Her, 04-27-2011 05:35 PM:

She has also ordered a Mister Rabbit from AnotherSecret, somewhere in this time period. I wasn't watching the particulars, but it should be noted she did. However, it should be noted that I'm a big pushover. I have a hard time saying no and being firm to people, especially friends, so I give her the go ahead on delaying her payment, even though I am upset by this.

Then, it seems my friend is struck by more 'bad news'. This hurts me, especially, because if it is not true, she has been using my love of animals to manipulate me, and friends shouldn't do that.:

Her, 04-29-2011 07:35 AM:

Me, 04-29-2011 07:43 AM:

Her, 04-29-2011 07:46 AM:

Her, 05-03-2011 07:51 AM:

I have had to set down, at this time in our transaction, three Layaways because of her inability to keep paying me on time. I have animals myself, many of them, so I can understand vet bills. But with the copious excuses I have been given (there's more coming), I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. Our lengthy Layaway continues.:

Her, 05-09-2011 05:39 AM:

She sends her second payment, much later than the two weeks she'd promised from the first.:

Her, 05-11-2011 02:30 PM:

This brings our total to 500.00 USD received. Over May, and June, we continue to correspond. I have to prompt the messages:

Me, 05-27-2011 03:51 PM:

Her, 05-28-2011 02:30 AM:

Me, 05-29-2011 01:11 AM:

[5/5, one more coming, sorry.]
    6. Her, 05-29-2011 01:20 AM:

Another Euclase, now? This, I don't have a problem with (especially if it truly is her mother paying for, though because of the financial difficulties SkunkMight has had, what I really think is that she has poor impulse spending control.) as long as my money comes through.

To her credit, she does send another 250.00 USD.

Her, 06-04-2011 08:22 PM:

Now, first of all, she secretly ordered Trachy, which was out when we were first having out bouts of financial distress -- I should now, I ordered one, too, and I'd seen her in the split forums looking for one. - and here is more inconsistencies about Chalco, which I don't know if she got him or not, at this point, but I don't care anymore. Just through talking to my friend, it seems like she really just can't stop spending. It's not all these other excuses she keeps giving me. I keep this to myself, and wait for her next payment. She prepares for it.

I have to remind her that she's buying the wig, again (from Abadon) and then she discloses to me that she's order basically two Soom Trachys. Or at least, two bodies. I decide to try not to care about it while I wait for my money, as long as it comes in. At this point, I'm also using her money for my rent. She tells me that she understands, that she's transfering her next payment to her Paypal, and that in the meantime, she's interested in my GO! from Featherfall. I breathe for awhile. I prompt her on the 15th for payment, still collected. Until this comes in.

Her, 06-16-2011 07:21 AM:

At this point, it's been months. I lose it.

Me, 06-16-2011 03:46 PM:

Her, 06-18-2011 05:31 AM:

Me, 06-18-2011 07:27 AM:

Her, 06-18-2011 07:36 AM:

She also sends me a message asking me when I need the payment by. I tell her Sunday (today) at latest.

Her, 06-18-2011 08:15 AM:

Her money didn't just disappear, by the way. About the time I get this message, she also creates a Waiting Room for Another Secret's Mister Wolf and Red Riding Hood. She ordered Mister Wolf, and I'm willing to bet dimes to donuts that this (among her five or so other incoming dolls) is what she spent my rent on.

I am very grieved by this transaction. It is now 10pm, Sunday the 19th. I have been messed up by this.

I am not going to take any more of this. I have decided to document our very, very difficult transaction so that she either pays, or she finally gives up and I can sell my dear Kratos to my other friend, as I should have to begin with. SkunkMight, these are your options.:

1. I will allow you to continue your Layaway, but only if you lay out a plan, DATED, with the amounts you plan to pay. If payment is later than three business days, even once, I will leave you negative feedback and sell this doll to someone else. I can't do this anymore. If you think you can handle the responsibility of this layaway, and pay on time from now on, I will sell you my beloved Euclase. If all goes well from now on, you will get neutral feedback and everything we agreed that you would buy from day one. I give you my word as a seller, now give me yours as a buyer.

2. Quit the Layaway. I will give you neutral feedback, for being honest in not being able to handle this responsibility. If you want a refund, and you talk with me, including being honest over your past transgressions against me, I will give you at 250.00 USD return, maximum -- but you will have to wait until I have a new buyer for Euclase to receive it. Of the 750.00 you have paid, you will not be returned any more money than that, and it will be on my time, not yours. Again, this is a condition that largely depends on how you communicate with me from this point onwards.

Please think carefully, then let me know, here, what you would like to do. Please do not take advantage of me or my friendship any longer! This hurts to do this! :(

I will no longer accept private communications for our transaction, unless it involves shipping/shipping addresses. Anything that you have to say to me, and I to you over the sale of this Euclase must be monitored by the Moderators.

Moderators, I would like to recommend, in the VERY least, a Marketplace Suspension for SkunkMight while this issue is being resolved.

Thank you very much, all, for your time.

[That's all, for now. I can post a list of dolls she has bought in the time she has passed up on paying for mine, and I can post more of my own/her own PMs as needed.]
    7. SkunkMight was last on the forum yesterday. She is now Being Paged.
    8. Thank you, Zagzagael.

She was actually on the forum last about five minutes or so after I posted this (the final part, I posted at 5:44 am (my time, I guess), and she was last on at 5:49 am. I'm guessing that she's seen this, too, because I've been removed from her friends list. Owch.

I hope to resolve this as soon as possible. This is not an ideal way to end a transaction or a friendship :(
    9. She's also recently put up a feeler to buy a Granado Boyd. In the feeler, she claims that she might not need a Layaway at all -- but if she has money to buy that doll, why can she not pay her Layaway payments to myself on time?

Her Feedback Thread is also here. I am not the only one who has had problems with Layawaying dolls to her -- as said by the user who sold her the Galena boy. - but going through this thread, I also see a lot of sales (not just trades) that transgressed during the time of our Layaway. A B&G Sapphira, a boy body, B&G Sunny, Nephilin feet/legs, Bobobie MSD body from the Marketplace alone. This doesn't include the dolls she's bought through companies, but does include some of the dolls she's bought that I mentioned in this thread already.

I hope this thread is incentive for her to be honest with me and to communicate about what should be done from this point onwards. As I've stated already, I have given her options in regards to this sale. My rent money is still in the balance because of this, so swift response would be nice. :(
    10. As I just messaged you, I am trying to get to you the money right now. I legit cannot send you the money. I will try again with paypal but likely it again won't work. I really do want to pay this boy off. I do. A lot of bad juju has happened, and yes there have been other dolls that came and gone in the time that this transaction was being worked on. I do apologize, I was not trying to hide anything from you though. I send you 250 on May 3rd as well, I do not see why that wasn't put towards rent. But regardless, I understand, rent is an issue.
    11. Also, I did NOT remove you from my friends list.
    12. Here is the message I am receiving from paypal when I go to send the money, if you need a screen shot I can upload it if I have too, this is just the message when I try to send it to you.

Your card issuer denied this payment. If you have another debit or credit card linked to your PayPal account, please use that. Or take a moment to link a new debit or credit card. Contact your card issuer if you don't know why you were declined.

I have my credit card linked, I linked it earlier this week or last week (I can't remember and waited for my $250 to come back to from my debit account onto my paypal. I still haven't received it. I am not at my limit on my card either. I have been unable to make a payment on my credit card for a while. The only thing I can suggest is waiting until the 22nd when I am paid so I can send it to you.
    13. You said you wanted marked and dated payments. This is what I can do. The 250 can be given one the 22nd and every second wednesday like I have been doing other than the missed payment. I don't know why it was declining me, I paid for my Mr. Wolf head and went to send cash to you (I think the day after?) and then bam, it gave me the message.

--Also just to clarify, I have horrible spending control. A LOT of the dolls I currently own, I regret. And I don't all all mind being moderated while in this transaction.
    14. This message, I just got in my inbox, and will now respond to all three messages from here.

The reason why I paged you is not because of a communication error. To your credit, you have always responded quickly; that was not the problem here. The problem was that this Layaway has gone on for too long, I have lost my confidence in you as a buyer, because if these things that I have seen and noticed, as stated in this thread. I chose to make our transaction public so that should there be problems in the future, it will be documented and moderated beyond my own work. I can only do so much, I felt like a third party was needed.

I understand and appreciate that you are trying to get the money from Paypal for me at this moment. I was never in doubt of that. What I noticed, however, is that instead of paying your agreed Layaway payment -- yes, my rent money, which I did use a large portion of your last payment towards as well, thank you, but my rent is over a thousand dollars a month, and I had budgeted, (as I'd mentioned with my book keeping) that this last payment would go towards this amount, as well - you spent the money on AnotherSecret's Mister Wolf instead. I don't think the money mysteriously vanished from your account. Simply put, you spent it on other things. And spending is your right, but not when it interferes with agreements that you yourself prearranged.

And I'm sorry about the friendslist. From my page, you've suddenly gone missing, and I'd worked under the assumption that you'd removed me instead of wanting to talk about it.

I really don't want to fight with you. I do value you as a friend, but you have to understand why I feel taken advantage of, here. This layaway was to be done in May. Since then, you've brought home quite a few other dolls that you could have used the money towards -- as you'd told me in your PMs - this Layaway. But you didn't. Instead, you gave me deadlines that continued to surpass themselves.

This is where I have to put my foot down. Please read post 6/5 for your options. If you want to continue this Layaway, I require a payment plan, written down in record, from you, and posted here. Should you dishonour your agreements again, I will cancel this Layaway. I can't afford to keep it going and not have the income returned.

If you want to back out of the Layaway, tell me now. I will have it canceled, and give you neutral feedback. And, I don't normally do this (and it is disclosed in ALL my sales threads as a caveat emptor -- that is to say, a let the buyer beware clause - that I do not refund ANY payments made should a Layaway be canceled) but I will offer to refund you a sum of no more than 250.00 USD (that is all I can afford), but only when a new buyer is found for Euclase, and they have paid me first.

These are your two options. Please communicate with me and be honest from here on out. Our conversations are now in public record, because I can't pay for false agreements any longer, Skunk. :(
    15. Also, what I responded to her in PM, just now.

Me, Today 01:47 AM:

16. Yes, I did buy the Mr. Wolf head, however I had the money planned to buy the head. the $250 that Iw as waiting for was a completely separate sum of money. I paid Mr. Wolf via credit card. I had $250 that was coming from my bank to my paypal. Mr. Wolf's money wasn't apart of that at all.
      If I had known your rent was over 1000$ a month, I would have been much more careful about the money as well. I do remember you saying about the book keeping, I hadn't realized you had to pay that much a month though.
      Nono, I still consider you a friend, I totally and COMPLETELY understand why you would be angry or upset with me, this has been on since, what November? I did bring in a lot of other dolls since then, I have regretted almost all of them. There are only.. 8 or 9 of my dolls that I truly plan to keep at this point.

I read it all, I understand, I DO want to finish this here. I really do. I want Kray. he's my dream doll. I think I've been honest the whole way through, I just kept screwing up. I told you when I had to delay and delay (and delay and delay) I do have a bad spending problem, yes I am on a bunch of other layaways, it's true. I apologies. There have been plenty of times where I felt overwhelmed and that I should just stop all of the layaways I am on and just give everyone the money I had paid on dolls. There have been dolls and are dolls that are being paid by family though as well. Legit I am only 18, I shouldn't have a credit card, it's true. I'm not going to use it as an excuse.. I am sorry for everything, all the waiting and disappointment, and after all this I still want to talk and be friends.
    17. Sorry, I sent that message before I got to see this page. I am willing to communicate here from now on too. As I said 250 on the 22nd and every second wednesday, I'll even post it here when I send payments. It's no big deal to me.
    18. Sounds as though resolution has been met. Please pm a mod when the next payment is made and accepted so that this thread can be reopened for an update.
    19. As per request, I've PMed a moderator (and have reposted the same message to this thread) once I have received payments from SkunkMight (who I've also sent this message to for transparency) as stated below:

100.00 USD (06/20/11)
      150.00 USD (06/22/11)

That leaves 525.00 USD remaining, excluding shipping.

SkunkMight's next payment (according to the schedule she and I have worked out) and due date is:

250.00 USD (07/06/11)

I will update again when this payment has been received!

Thank you (all!) very much!
    20. At this point, this seems to have been resolved. Please keep the moderators apprised of the transaction.