1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with BJDolarama

Nov 9, 2006

1. I hope someone of you can me us some good advice about this problem..

I'll explain myself

A weeks ago, a friend of mine bought a Odelia from BJDolarama, and no problem. They send the doll, the doll arrived to my friend's house.. but after looking closer to her, she find out what she haves was a Marianne, not an Odelia.. Okay! Anyone can make mistake, so she wrote an email to the shop telling the problem...

But the thing is the answer they given to her:
      that's NOT FAIR!!! What is this? Okay I'll give you a wrong doll, but I'm not gonna changue it.. O_ou My friend is so worried about it, 'cos you know, Odelia is going to be discontinued in DIM, she only have 3 days to make the preorder.. and BJDolarama don't want to make responsible about it V_Vu

We don't know what to do.. any advice?

2. Unfortunately, you aren't the first person to have problems with them. They used to be FreeSpiritz, and they are also Shop 4 Dolls and Bears. There is a whole thread on this woman in the feedback section.

I would write back and demand a refund! She didn't deliver the goods as promised. Don't accept a doll you didn't want in the first place!! With Davona sometimes you have to be really aggressive; I e-mailed her every day until I got a response. She cannot expect you to keep a doll you didn't want.

3. If you paid thru paypal you can file a claim for item not as described. She will have to refund. IF you paid thru credit card (not paypal) you can discuss it with the card company.

semirans

4. It took the customer a month to report this error in shipping. (They have had the doll for a month.)

We had no idea they received the wrong faceup, until they reported it a month later. The box we had (and sent them) was marked Odelia.

Our helper, Pixie, responded to this customer's message without our knowledge. She is still new and learning.

We have contacted the customer.

5. That's rediculous. You can't just say "Oh whoops well I hope you like that one, cause I ain't sending you another!". Demand a refund or the right doll I would suppose. T_T;

6. It took the customer a month to report this error in shipping. (They have had the doll for a month.)

We had no idea they received the wrong faceup, until they reported it a month later. The box we had (and sent them) was marked Odelia.

Our helper, Pixie, responded to this customer's message without our knowledge. She is still new and learning.

7. Wrong faceup and wrong doll are two totally different matters.

8. im think she means doll, and is just using the wrong word >.<

9. I have seen this doll in person and its clearly MARIANNE, when my friend bought an Odelia (and this is also recognized by sellers) so, it's not clear who has the fault?????

I feel really annoyed.

Also, She had to go to a trip so she couldnt complain before and clearly is not been a month since she paid for the doll and received it...

10. Well, it seems things go more less well now but I cannot understand what do they have with the face up ? the problem is not the face up ^^u Is the face mold...

Well, she received the doll at 17 october so the doll is not in her home for a month.. She had to send 3 mails to BJDolarama to contact with them. And they are not giving them a 100% that she is going to get her Odelia.

We are goint to give them a few days, we hope everything will be okay but if not.. what to do?

11. If you have paid with paypal, you can file a complaint to claim your money back under 'item significantly not as described'
      I believe paypal will be on your side as the item is really 'significantly not as described' and they have admitted it as well

12. If they weren't aware of the problem then why did they include a free gift(wig)? Was this a promotional thing or was it to cover their mistake???

13. First of all,sorry about my poor english.I hope you understand ^^u

I am a friend of the girl who received the wrong doll and I have to say that the doll was a gift of his boyfriend and she doesnt have Internet in her house.So although at the first time she saw the doll she though that it wasnt the doll she wanted, she couldn&#180;t visit the web.

Also, the doll came with BJDolarama documents that said clearly that the doll was a "DIM Odelia", so she thought that she was wrong with her first thought,and it was only the makeup.... ((((We all know that some dolls changes a lot in the official pics and the thing that arrives )))) All the confusion she got was becouse the documents were wrong.

When DIM announced that they were going to stop making Odelia and Marianne, some friends of her saw that the doll pics,and then we noticed that the doll she received was a Marianne,as she though at first,and we run to say it to her.

And she received the Doll at October,17 . Then she had to go to a trip to Barcelona and she was very busy...

I think that its very,very bad and unfair. BJDs are very expensive,and the doll sellers must be more responsible with them,and ever more with their own errors. Becouse all the confusion get bigger becouse the documents in the box said that it was the doll that it wasn&#180;t.

14. Oh,and they included too ONE sock¡¡¡ x""DDD (not the pair,only one sock¡¡¡ I saw it in person¡¡)

15. I think the comment made by Freespiritz:

It took the customer a month to report this error in shipping. (They have had the doll for a month.)

Should be taken into account before everyone goes crazy.
      So the customer didn't say anything about it being the wrong doll for a month, that's her fault.
      but
      its the companies fault for sending the wrong doll, but also DIM's fault for putting the wrong doll in a box for another doll.
      With DIM discontinuing Odelia and Marianne, I can see how this mixup has happened. It was the last one, so she should just try and sell the doll on ebay or the Marketplace and then use that money to get the one she wants, ALSO if she didn't file exactly after she realized, "OH no thats the wrong" doll, she brought that delay upon herself.

16. She takes so long because she does not have internet and she cannot compare with the online photos.. and of course inside the box were odelia documents.

There's no thing about DIM here, the box has no words outside, and the only thing you can find about odelia is in the bjdolarama documents they send with the doll...

Now, she can't sell the doll in the marketplace or in ebay because she has NO TIME.. the preorder of Odelias starts tomorrow and for 3 days. And why she has to do this? she had payed for and Odelia, they send the wrong doll, and now they have to help her to get the right doll.

Before you talk about the other, you should try to put in the other place.. because that's not easy for my friend V_Vu

17. The best solution out of this is to realize dealing with BJDdollarama is out since the only thing can do is offer a refund, go that route before bad mouthing the company.
      Second if that doesn't work, try to sell the doll. I'm sure there's people that want this doll and if your friend really wants the other doll she'll find a way.

18. I was supposed to received two free wigs from them for messing up my order and no shipping my girl for almost 2 months... she promised to send me the two wigs about 2 months ago and then stopped responding to my emails when I inquired again. :x

19. Oh and on another note maybe you can find someone to trade you? Or find someone who wants the doll you have and were planning to buy her to order the correct doll and then trade you?

20. Bottomline: The girl was sent the wrong doll. Whatever her reasons for not contacting the seller ASAP, it doesn't change the fact that she's the victim here.

It doesn't help if we keep going on about "what should have been done", and instead try to help her the best we can. People are giving very good advice in this thread. If she can't get the doll she wants, at the very least take the refund route. Posting a WTB thread in the meantime would be a good idea too.