1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raccoon Doll Discussion

Sep 20, 2018

1. My Daisy arrived a few days ago but she hasn't chosen eyes or found a body to borrow yet! The faceup is lovely! Did anyone else get her?

2. Hello!
      I ordered a Gene and an "A" mid December so I'm joining the thread. I got a faceup on A but I will do Gene's myself. I got a large neck opening for "A" so I hope he can fit on a Dollshe Arsene body. I already have a headless new SID NS I bought secondhand for Gene. She will become a humble coffee shop girl when her head arrives but her headless body is pretty uninhibited right now!
      @mahgiep on Instagram: “My headless girl arrived today. I see trouble ahead. Why are the headless girls so uninhibited? Oh right, no frontal lobe! #headlessdoll…”

3. I'm joining this thread as well. I just ordered a Gene earlier this week and will try to put on her on a Feeple65 body (which is also not yet home, but soon!). I'm hoping the color match is close enough and the proportions are not too off, but we shall see! The photos in this thread were helpful in making my choice. She might not be put together until sometime next year, but I can start making clothes for her once her body is in. If Gene's face/head is too small for the voluptuous F65 body, I might just do a head swap with my IH nSID Yui in gNS since Yui's face is a bit on the longer side.

Also @Mahgiep, I really enjoy your stories with Jina, so that helped tip me over the edge to get my own Gene~

4. Awww! Thanks @VeraLyne for letting me know. She is a very versatile sculpt so I can't wait to see what you do with her. I am about to try an IH hybrid on a Supia 65 body (she just got her flight number!) so I am also wondering if it will be too voluptuous! It's so interesting that even though heads measure the same and have the same size eye sockets, some look too big or too small on a body.

5. I hope this is the thread I can post my first doll in!
      He's a Raccoon Doll Kai sculpt with company face up and a wig from there. He is so very, very pretty. However he is so very difficult to clothe. Does anyone have online retailer suggestions?
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Wow did anyone see the new Raccoon Doll announcement about a SD line? As a SD collector I'm beyond excited, I wonder which sculpts will be available? I'm a huge fan of Lea but I don't think she's overly popular..

7. I have 2 RD SD heads that I love (Gene and A). Looking forward to seeing the new dolls!

8. Facethefake, the forum for your beautiful Kai is the "Raccoon Doll Discussion" page: https://denofangels.com/threads/raccoon-doll-discussion-part-5.800198/page-50
      You can hopefully find some ideas of sources of clothing for the mini (51cm) size there :thumbup

Yuna-Ki, I also think Lea is lovely. I too wonder if she will be an SD sculpt, and what body shape will be introduced.

Mahgiep, A is lovely, and I think Raccoon's Hugh is too. Does your A have a body as yet?

9. My SD Gene head has a flight number! :3nodding: Now it just needs to make the flight, through customs, and USPS. I had been spoiling myself with my recent purchases by paying for premium shipping, so going through normal EMS will need some re-acclimating. In any case, I am looking forward to the new SD line to be released.

10. @VeraLyne Are you planning on one of the new bodies for your Gene? Or do you have other plans?

11. @Mahgiep I had ordered an Fairyland Feeple65 body over the summer in a split, and my Gene is planned for that body at the moment. I am curious about the Raccoondoll SD line since I'm on the hunt for a guy. My crew, perhaps somewhat similar to you, are all Asian except for my one guy I have. So I am looking to add an Asian guy to my crew and am hoping that RD might have something that piques my interest.

12. @VeraLyne I could be in trouble if you are right!

13. She's here (or was here, I've already sent her off to get her faceup)! She took 65 calendar days (including over major holidays) to make it home, which I feel is incredibly fast. Maybe I've just been tempered by other companies. :lol:

My shipping box had a tear on the side, but her main box didn't appear to be breached. I was a bit worried that she might have gotten damaged by a customs inspection or something.

I'm so excited for when she's all put together. The resin match is not that close, but it's not bad either.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Congratulations!

15. It's been a while since anyone has posted here, but I figured I'd try asking since Raccoondoll has yet to answer my inquiry.

What exactly in cm is the circumference of these heads, and their neck holes? The "3.5cm X 3.6cm" for neck hole size listed in the site is not exactly helpful (how am I going to accurately calculate with TWO diameters?). This is for preferably Daisy, but I'm happy to get a gist for any of the available heads.

Edited out some errors, whoops!

#37 AntarelNefertili, Apr 5, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    16. I took some quick photos. I think it could be argued that the anterior to posterior axis could be a little longer. I also tried to measure the circumference the best I could.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

17. Oh @VeraLyne you are a godsend, thank you! <3 Just half an hour ago Raccoondoll confirmed that the noggin's circumference was indeed around 21cm. Your pictures convinced me that the Daisy hybrid I'm planning just might work, since they have similar measurements to one of my Iplehouse SID/EID heads. Even if Daisy's neck hole is too big, I've learned how to make apoxie neck adapters for the purpose.

18. @VeraLyne - I'm late to the game, but those photos are very, very helpful when trying to determine what will work for a hybrid. Thanks for posting these!

#40 earth.spirits, Apr 14, 2023
      Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
Tags: