1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. Awesome! I need to get more bodies and hope you share how she turns out?!?!?

2. Hallo, is there somebody who's got Rainman's old head 2018 and Rainman's new head 2019? Especially Kira / Blina. I got Kira in 2018 and lost her head cap :(.
      I saw Kira head sale at marketplace by KiwiNinamori dated 2019 and do not know if old and new version are the same size (I have Tsunanina and its bigger). If the new heads are different sized I rather save money and try to create head cup solution.
      Thanks to everybody.

#402 susana789, Feb 21, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    3. I think each head is different, so you can't put a Kira head cap on a Blina head. However, you might be able to get a replacement if you ask Rainman??

4. Oh, I already asked, but he wrote that he only cast sets (head + cap), so it is about buying all set when when orders open.
      Kira is at marketplace sale but it is 2019 version and I dont know if version 2019 is same size as first from 2018 (which I had).
      Sale is same price as Rainman offered so it is not about money only about fitting.
      I am so stupid that I lost it. But I had super tidy all BJD stuff because of it. And I fired out order made wig from SophyMolly during this disaster too.

5. I don't believe he has made any changes to the original heads.

6. Its true, same size, head-cap fits. I bought new head from KiwiNinamori.
      Put Kira on Iplehouse SID body, because this head is smaller than Tsunaina. I like proportion head - body. Tsu head will go to DollShe 26F but after dyeing body, head is tan and body fresh, body need sueding and restring. Lots of work and little time.
      I tried to take a picture of Kira at new body but ended with poor quality (too dark). What about your Dark Blina?

7. Oh, she is still head-wrapped, LOL. I haven't had time for her! It's so sad! I also got my Rainman/Sabrina dolls Veronica head (blank) and my July head is also still blank!

I've been so busy, my poor girls have been on hold. They really need their own bodies, which I need to save up for, ugh!

8. My Anna got her Dollstown's 17yrs vision body at last! Proportion looks perfect to me ^_^
      [​IMG][​IMG]
      Head in normal skin, body in oriental. Matching pretty close, but not perfect.

9. Ooh congrats - she looks great on that body! (Gah it's been ages since I've checked in on this thread, lots of lovely new Tsus, Julys and Evas around to admire.)

I've got my Blina on the DT Vision body myself too (though the neck did need a little sanding of that slightly bulbous top section to fit, given how very shallow Blina's neck socket is), great to see it works well for other Rainman sculpts. (My Kira is on the plain-ole DT17F body - which is also a great match proportion-wise... But I admit I'm biased, I really do like the Dollstown female bodies a hell of a lot.)

I did cave and have a Rainman Anna waiting to be finished... The whole resemblance to Marcy from Travelers thing... At the moment she's on a Spiritdoll Proud female body (again, neck sanded down just a bit to fit the socket), which I personally think is a decent fit proportion-wise. She's already been waiting a while to be finished, due to the poor weather wrt face-ups around here at this time of year, but eesh I admit I'm kinda dreading the colour matching that's going to have to happen to make it work. It's a wee bit more intense a colour change than I've previously carried out with a face-up!

10. Evil_Lo she looks great. Body suits Anna´s facial expression perfect.

Vetinari I am with you about sanding. I have Kira and Tsunaina heads. First choice was put Kira on DollShe26F so lots of sanding. For Tsu i bought Iple SID body in DoA MP. But head is tan, body is peach-gold. And Tsu head is bigger then Kira so I put Kira at Iple SID body. Proportion perfect for smaller head but that stupid neck gave me really hard time. It is not perfect yet (neck need a little bit sanding and I fail in color match little bit) but for today it will be OK. (I hope - I redone her face-up almost 10 times. and I don't feel like I'm getting better).
      I need some outfit for her, because everything is for bigger DollShe 26F body.
      And I didn't mention that I need to solve how to color-match DollShe in fresh with Rainmanking Tsu head in tan. I like this body and Tsu head looks great on it so my next project is a real challenge.

IngieBee you have a really trophy-booty: Dark Blina, July and Veronica .... oh my, this is called temptation. Poor you ;)

11. @Evil_Lo , that really is an awesome body for Rainman heads! Anna looks great there!

@Vetinari Yah, I wanted to get my Anna to look like Marcy, but I don't think I achieved that. I will some day have her face done by a pro, LOL

@susana789 , I know, I'm awful and irrisponsible:doh I should seriously stop! But I want all the Pokemons!!!

12. @susana789 Ha! Yeah thanks to these Rainman heads I finally bit the bullet and got brave enough to do permanent mods on bjds that weren't kit dolls or from the cheapest reputable companies. I'm pleased with the results I ended up with, but eesh it was a full afternoon of mild anxiety that I'd take the reduction too far, with the finest grade of wet and dry I've got, and a bucket. My hands were completely dried out afterwards from all that gritty water.

Oh that sounds like an intensive project! I hope it works out well for you - I'm already going no idea how I'm going to do this wrt colour matching my Anna to that Spiritdoll body, and it's a much smaller surface area to contend with.

@IngieBee Ooh you did get an Anna then? (I need to finish scrolling back through this thread, damn) Hah! Oh yeah having stared at reference pics for a while in preparation of attempting to get a likeness, I've got a horrible sinking feeling the resemblance is going to be made/broken on her eyebrows. I'm still at the stage myself where I only end up with the brow shape I wanted about 50% of the time so... We'll see how badly I do!

13. @Vetinari yes, she turned out like this:

[​IMG]

She's on dark Blina's body, LOL

14. @IngieBee Oh love that you've painted in her teeth! And the eyelashes are gorgeously done, the painted ones match the 'real' ones really well. She's lovely. Gah - I hope I manage to paint my Anna up with at least some of that neatness/skill - though I'm probably going to forego attempting teeth if I can get away with it (my previous attempts at that detail in sculpts that don't have them as completely separate pieces have been... mixed to say the least lol). I think the main thing that's making her look not-Marcy there is the fringe on the wig tbh? You've certainly got the misleading pretty feminine delicacy that the character wears like a cloak down, if that makes any sense!

15. Aw, thank you so much for the compliments @Vetinari :)

Yah, I have the fixings to make some alpaca and mohair wigs, but I can't seem to find the time!

This particular wig just looks too artificial, though it might look good on Blina with her goth aesthetic???

16. Well I finally put Blina on her body, but it may not remain her's as the neck is so long :(. Not going to be her wig either.

It looks like the neck opening is really thick and too small... Probably for anything :(. I can't open it up without ruining her Faceup. I don't want to mess up an expensive supiadoll.body either... Ugh, going to have to find something... Probably Impldoll model??

Crappy night time photo:

[​IMG]

17. Hummm body swap time! I think I like her on an April Story body! I'm going to get her a new one :)

[​IMG]

18. IngieBee THNKs for picture, she is stunning. Very expressive. April Story body looks fine. I like this white wig (darker suits her too).
      Did you try her with really short hair wig? Maybe some intense color highlights with white, but pure white will be great too. Shorter straight hair bob with fringe???

I was surprised how great looks my Kira with short hair (I try to takes picture today is sunny day and there is quarantine in my country but my photo skills are weak).
      And one more about eye size you used. I try 10 mm small irises but still not satisfied with look.

19. I dicided that Fleur(July) will be in the image of 20-30 years of the twentieth century.

[​IMG]

20. @susana789 I am completely out of wigs and eyes :doh. She is wearing Anna's eyes, LOL. The Faceup is so dark, it completely changed the color of her 'skin'. Even if you could get a Rainman body, the head won't match. Ah well, I still love how she looks and yes, I'd love to get/make her a colorful wig!

@lenacat26 your Fleur really fits that era. I have July in white only so I could blush her to match a cheaper Impldoll body, but you make me want to stick with white as Fleur is so beautiful!