1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. So, I just got delivery on a Jasmin wig for my attempt at making Marcy from my Anna. I think pink lips will help the likeness. I'll make her marcyesque clothes, and call it a day, ROFL. It doesn't matter if I fully capture the actress, it's more important to me that I capture the style :D

2. Does anyone by any chance have a Dollshe Diana body and a July head? I have the head in tan and she seems to really closely match my copper oriental Dollshe boys so I'd love to get that body for her but I have no clue what the neck would be like and if it could work. I'm not worried about resin colours but if anyone is able to share photos I'd be super stoked.

3. Sorry, I don't, but I'll bump the thread ;)

4. @missmoody
      Oh! I actually have both of those! I'll try and take a photo for you. :3nodding:
      (Sorry, I didn't get a notification that this thread had updated at all!)

5. @missmoody
      I was able to try the head and body combination today. :)

[​IMG]

My July head is WS and the body is Oriental resin, so please ignore the resin match. My Diana is using the small bust.

6. I t's funny, she looks most realistic in proportion there. But for BJDs, the neck is probably too short (though easily fixed with a silicon washer or something :3nodding: I really like it as is though :love

7. Oh my goodness thank you so much! That definitely looks pretty good, does the neck connection work okay?

Now I'll just have to wait for another Dollshe sale and then three years to receive it.... *_*

EDIT: she's on sale so I ordered....

#447 missmoody, May 8, 2020
      Last edited: May 8, 2020
    8. @missmoody
      Ooh, congrats!
      The neck worked fine. :3nodding:
      The original Diana has an s-hook that is too large for the hole in the head so I remove the s-hook to attach the head anyway. It looked like the July head would actually work better with the s-hook size...but I think the hole might have still been a bit small (I can't quite remember, I'm sorry) either way it works perfectly fine once on the body. :thumbup

9. I love that skirt @Vetinari she looks great!

10. Thanks! Me too @missmoody, it's a Sartoriaj piece. It just fits the character's whole look, feminine, soft, but *not* delicate/girly lmao.

Hee! Yeah thanks @IngieBee for the eyebrow tip - I deliberately started below the visible browline on the sculpt if that makes any sense. Though gah, annoyingly my photography is terribad enough that her painted on eyelashes aren't showing up lmao. That grey smear on her wrinkle line? That's the only bit of her lashes my potato phone camera picked up on ahaha. She has got them I swear! I *might* go the whole hog and give her actual fakie lashes too, but they're a hell of a faff to add/remove if I decide to try and paint her up again soon.

11. Vetinari she is great, congrats on face-up, I really like her style. And eyes. And blouse. And wig. Did I write you I like her ?
      Oh and dont mind eyelashes, they are little bitches. Few days away, I was playing with Kira head ( trying to glue them) almost all day, let them dry, let them dry, let them dry one more hour just for sure. Admire my Kira. Put her eyes. Put her wig. Try admire her final look and suddenly noticed broken eyelashes :...( Poor Kira ended in deepest chest I have, I am very ashamed :eusa_naug

12. A trick someone shared here was to cut the lashes into smaller pieces/chunks. I find it helps, but I am still bad at putting them in and they are still the bane of my existence, LOL

13. I had this small chunks. But from now, I will remember them as "bane of my existence". LOL. I hate them, too. I have to bribe my sister, she is not in hobby, but she is perfectionist with patience, great combo for hobby. I told her how much cost putting eyelashes. She took the money but glued them. Perfectly. Yes, and on the other day I scratched that face-up badly trying to put her shoes, lucky me.

14. Would you share your sister? LOL. Actually, it's the shipping that keeps me from sending dolls out when their eyelashes fall out - too worrisome!

15. I signed up on the site to order Rainman. Unfortunately, the head I am after is sold out. Any idea if he might release sold out heads again? And yes, I put her on my wish list. Thanks.

16. Yes, he releases them for a time, then puts them on hold (sold out) gets them manufactured and sent out, then opens up orders again. I have not been paying attention, so I don't know when orders will open back up again, or how long the cycle takes, but just keep an eye out. :)

17. I will keep an eye out. Thanks.

18. [​IMG]

So today I learned that July should definitely not have small iris eyes....

#460 missmoody, Aug 3, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2020