1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. OH, my, it does make her look like she has stuck her finger in an electrical outlet. Good to know, thanks!

2. Lovely faceup.

3. LOL, what scared her so? Did she see my sewing room?

I'm so happy to see life in this thread

4. Much kinder than what I suggested got stuck and where :lol:

Thank you! It's the standard opaleighty faceup but I asked her not to make the lips so pink because I thought it would look really silly on the tan resin and just isn't Spencer's character either really.

I've ordered her some 10mm eyes with normal iris, I'm just hoping they look better than those ones which are 12mm because I have a sinking feeling the iris is going to be a similar size...

5. I so agree. I have a tan girl with frosty pink lips that bothers me. Thankfully, the tan is lighter so the contrast isn’t as much as it could be. Opaleighty really did a great job on your doll.:3nodding:

6. :D She looks like she just had her 10th cup of coffee! But apart from that she's lovely, missmoody.

7. Wow, it's been quiet here. I guess Rainman has closed shop until all this mess with the plague is over, eh? It's nice he doesn't have to scramble and also nice he came back to make heads :D But it's made this thread quiet as a morgue :D I need to give my July a face, may I ask for July spam? Brighten up this thread? I can't take the heat outside, so I'll reciprocate with an older picture :XD:

[​IMG]

I feel like I ought to try blushing her neck and chest a bit to match, I think that would look super nice. But the weather has to cool down first, I can't stand being in that room as the air conditioner broke :doh

8. BTW, are those Blueberry eyes? What size did you get? They do look exceptionally small! I really love her faceup. I'm about to give mine a faceup, but I need to decide what body color she'll have. She is in white as I was going to blush to match some body somewhere, which she doesn't have yet, LOL. You're making me think July in tan is exceptionally gorgeous :D Nice faceup too, did you do it?

9. They are 12mm beetles eyes by kokdoll/dolly planet. I have been considering some Blueberry eyes but I have some other 10mm ones coming in from an Etsy shop. If they don't fit then blueberry will be my next stop.

The faceup is the default by opaleighty, I just requested that she have more naturally coloured lips. I have to say it's not at all what Spencer is meant to look like but it's such a lovely faceup. She's meant to be a bit of a moody sarcastic turd but instead she just looks surprised - we'll see how much that changes when some appropriately sized eyes arrive :XD:

10. Usually, you go bigger, that is, if the doll normally takes 12mm eyes, you go with 14mm eyes, and you do this so you can fill the eye socket better than with a 12mm. Speaking of which:

I have not given my July a faceup yet, and thus have never tried to put eyes in her. But I just tried out 12mm eyes, and IMHO they are too small and gap. Then I tried 14mm eyes, and they couldn't even go in! The hole is carved so deep! Looks like it's a good thing I caught this. I need to carve out her eye sockets before I do a faceup!

11. I have 12mm eyes in my July with no gapping, so may depend on the eye. The 12mm eyes I'm using have no dome at all.

12. The ones I just tried are ones I made from my own molds, molds I bought. So yes, @Lady Ravenswood , that might be my problem. They didn't have any dome on them yet. I do have some 12mm eyes coming in so I'll see if those work better :)

13. @IngieBee
      Hm, not sure then. The ones I have in my July head now are urethane eyes I got from Etsy.

14. Impldoll has told me that because they are late with my order (really late! LOL) they will send me 3 sets of their urethane eyes in size 12. They do have smaller irises, which I love the look of on just about all my dolls, but July does indeed have larger eyes, so I'll have to wait and see how they turn out :D At $28 I'm looking forward to sharing with everyone how they look and hope they will fit my July (fingers crossed). I hope they will be as nice as in their pictures or even nicer??!!

15. Oh, that's nice! Though I'm sorry your order is so late. It's hard to find 12mm small iris eyes. I'll have to take a look at them!

16. @Lady Ravenswood there aren't too many colors, but they look pretty nice. I just gave my July and Veronica heads half a faceup :) I still have to do lashes and brows (I hate doing lashes and brows!) But they're looking very cool :D

17. I ordered 10mm because that's what Rainman said on her original listing on Instagram and the 12mm didn't fit in her eyewell so it felt like that was likely to be correct even though it seems so tiny. The ones in the photo were the smallest spare eyes I had lying around and just wanted to see her with eyeballs. Despite being 15 years in this hobby I have barely any eyes that don't actually live in a doll :sweat

If the 10mm gap I'll have to spend a little more on some resin eyes so I can squish them in the hole and get it looking right. They've been shipped so should arrive in a couple weeks and I'll let ya know!

18. @missmoody I have no spares either and 4 heads waiting for eyes, LOL

19. My favorite doll is July.
      [​IMG]

20. She looks so awesome on that body! It's perfect! @lenacat26