1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. My status changed to before shipment, no email confirmation (yet?) but the status changed when I checked the status here [상품명]

What is everyones plans for their Blina?

@IngieBee Maybe in the future she would be released with a new body, so it maybe a blessing?

2. Yeah the email confirmation system isn't working. I'm not concerned though. I did the same thing y'all did: placed order, went to paypal and send payment with the order number in the notes.

For anyone confused, my understanding is that she'll be available for today and the two days following (3-day order window).

3. What exactly are you guys doing in order to use PayPal? (The lack of encryption on the site means I definitely want to go the PayPal route too if I do jump on this)

4. You place your order and as soon as you get the order placed page you'll see a paypal address in the first lines. Use that paypal address to send the total amount and put as reference your order number. My order is already noted as paid, and Rainman will send confirmation emails in a couple of days

5. Aha! Thanks if I do jump on this order I'll do that.

(And thanks the caution is more webpage than anything. I know Rainman has an excellent reputation, from the other half of this hobby, the action figures. It's the site itself that's a little worrying.)

6. It's absolutely amazing to see Rainman back....

If you scroll down the order page there are a lot more pictures of the blank heads a couple of shots using one of the original Elfdoll bodies. My first Elfdoll Emma came on a version of that body ( as did Ryung and Sooah) so looking like Blina is not the smallest of Elfdoll heads.
      Congratulations to everyone who is getting Blina this time round!

#46 StrontiumDog, Oct 2, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    7. Just to clarify for anyone new to this situation, Blina is not an elfdoll. DK (CEO at elfdoll) and Rainman officially parted ways a while back, thus the separate platforms, and thus the mods keeping the threads separate. I've been watching Rainman's reactions to attempts to slot this girl in with his old work, and it seems clear he's trying to keep this separate, just that a rainy body is what he had on hand. He mentioned a new body as well, which is exciting.

My girl will go on the new dollstown 17 vision body. The build suits these longer more mature features, and the neck measurement is spot on. Will definitely share the hybrid results pre and post painting. If anyone has specific requests for references let me know. I note these things down (I have the original DT 17 body which is more athletic and less willowy and a limhwa body too, I have other small semi-realistic korean artist heads to compare her with as well, plus a whole range of natural resin colors here).

8. @rianne - I'd love to see Blina on that DT17 body!

As far as I know Rainman hasn't indicated an exact measurement for Blina - just that she fits in a 7-8" wig, but if I buy the heads I want them to be able to share a body with my Black Cherry Aishat heads. Aishat is 19.5cm / 7.6" and her body will be either a DT17 or the 26F body that I'm still waiting for (sigh haha :) ).

I confess I'm kind of hoping that maybe, with Blina's larger features she might be able to work with the Dollshe 26F hands that I love so much. Aishat's head is technically large enough to work with them, but her features are so delicate that the hands seem pretty masculine compared to them.

Anyway, I think I'll be waiting for the white skin preorder, since I think it is more likely to match Fresh (or can be blushed to match Fresh skin) than the normal skin.

9. @StellaMarigold yeah feature ratio, face length, etc is definitely more important in determining the final look than simple circumference (heck, my dollshe amanda has a 'smaller' head than my bimong dandelion based on simple circumference). The fact that Blina looks distinctly stylistically inappropriate on the rainy body is a good sign for the DT/Dollshe type hybrids. I can pop mine on both 17 type bodies for you if you like. The Limhwa body might be useful too since it's a very standard size (same size as the rainy body over-all).

10. Thank you @rianne!

I'm assuming that Rainman will sell the heads again in the future in normal/white colors (hope so!). I would love to see yours on the Dollstown bodies so I can get a better idea if it would work before I order. I know you had a pale skin26F body at one time (I believe it was for sale recently) - perhaps if you still have it when your Blina head arrives you could try it as well?

I looked up the Rainy body and it seems to be about 58cm? So that was helpful - the head definitely doesn't look right with that shorter body. 63-65cm sounds good.

11. A new body would be excellent :) .Maybe it is just as well I can't join in at the moment, but I am super excited to see what everyone does with their Blinas!

12. He is working in a new body, or so he said. Unfortunatelly as rianne has said, he parted with Elfdoll and now he's working solo. That's why he had to use an old body for the pictures, it was the only one he had at hand (I think he said it was Lydia's body, and Lydia is quite an old sculpt). For what I see, the body in the pictures is the old small bust one.

I'm sure the new one will be much more fitted to Blina's features and, of course, to new sculpts I hope he will continue making!

@StellaMarigold , there will be more sales in more colors. This is his first one and I think he's trying to check the market again to see if (and how) he can return.

13. Yay, my odrer's status is also "before shipping", so I think everything is ok?^^

Seems like Dollstown17 will be a common body for Blinas, cause mine is supposed to use this body too! :lol:
      Anyone ordered sleeping version? She amazed me so much! :love

14. Yay, I'm ordered both version now :DI'm so excited! I'm glad that this head so small, because she seems big on the photos. Thinking about Supia body..? Very interesting to see more hybrids with this beautiful heads.

15. @jack_sea cool! Hmmm, I have old Supia body, but I think it is too short for this head? If they'll fit, I'll save my money :lol:
      Hope there will be many different Blinas on DoA^^

16. @Rook_Sever I should receive new double-jointed body from Supia on this or next week, so I can try to fit it :3nodding:

17. @jack_sea I'd like to see the hybrid^^ Hope the casting won't be long :)

18. We are now in the "When will my head arrive!" ship :lol:

I plan to change the sculpt of one of my characters (which happened to be an elfdoll head) so I hope she fits the same body. It is an Angel Of Dream body. If not I guess the search will begin.

19. Urk could someone please PM me and let me know the email for Rainman/PayPal please? :sweat Urgh sorry I placed the order with the site but no email address is obvious anywhere on the site (but it could well be because of my browser)

20. @Vetinari PMed you :) It is under the order number on the "order made" page^^